“Never stay at Arrowhead!”

Arrowhead RV Resort
Chicago, IL
“Never stay at Arrowhead!”
Reviewed 6 June 2010

We reserved a cabin for our friends birthday weekend, but when we arrived we found that they overbooked so we were given a smaller cabin than originally reserved because another group had taken ours. Later the group that had reserved the cabin we moved to showed up and had to go all the way back home because arrowhead doesnt know what it's doing and overbooked like idiots. The cabin we moved to was way too small and a lot of us ended up sleeping in our cars. The next morning, the staff said they needed to move us to yet another cabin, which was also too small, and when the Arrowhead guys saw how many of us there were he said we had too many people for the cabin and that we would need to rent another if we wanted to stay - too bad there werent any other cabins to rent because, again, they overbooked!!! so they gave us SOME not all of our money back and we went to River Bay Camping where we enjoyed amazing customer service, very low rates, and a fantastic weekend! Avoid Arrowhead like the plague! Go to River Bay!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank AKanak

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
United States
Reviewed 8 September 2009

My 10 yr old sons, their father and I stayed at Arrowhead over Labor Day Weekend. Having read some of the negative reviews regarding the campground after making our reservations, I called the manager to inquire about the negative comments. I was assured these negative reviews were made even after management attempted to resolve the issues. I was assured we would have a good experience - and was very pleased! Our campsite location was chosen by the manager and was located on a hill that overlooked the grounds. We camped in our tent, so we were so glad to have the showers/bathrooms near by. From our firepit we were able to see the tennis court, playground and swimming pool, so I could keep track of my sons. The bathrooms were cleaned regularly, as I saw them being cleaned throughtout the day. I did take a few cold showers, but I am sure it takes a lot to keep the water hot for 1800+ campers. The staff always had a pleasant smile and the other campers were quite cordial. There was music played throughout the day, and at times it was rather loud, but the designated quiet time was respected. On our final evening the manager came to our site and asked about our stay. I found this to be a good sign that management does care about all their patrons and wants to please. Management does read these reviews, so if I may offer one suggestion....understanding that all of us go camping for various reasons and have various expectations it might be nice to have designated times during the day and early evening when loudly played music is not permitted. Being a music major, I love music of every kind, but I would have appreciated having only the sounds of nature during some of day hours and while we sat around our campfire in the evenings. I finalize this review by saying we will gladly return to Arrowhead again!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Joy12345678
rockford, Illinois
Reviewed 16 August 2009

If you like to party all night you will love this place! No enforced quiet hours, a security guard that doesn't do his job, and rude office personal is what I dealt with. We went in hopes to enjoy the last weekend before school started, and instead it was a horrible experience. We stayed on site 192 and all around us (literally) were people who came to party. Lots of drinking, lots of yelling, loud music until 2:45 when the last group finally called it quits. When I complained the next morning the lady behind the desk told me I needed to track down the security guard to complain. I told her I should not have to track down the security guard to tell him to do his job. She told me that as long as I didn't complain that he just assumes everyone is enjoying themselves. When I told her that I wanted me money back for Saturday night because we were not staying, she told me no and called me a b**** for complaining!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank crl19971
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 July 2009

My family and I went here for a family reunion...around 80 people total, including children. We paid good money for all their “amenities”, only to find out everything costs extra. My husband and I chose a “primitive campsite” because we like to camp…but they charge $43/night (that was with a large group discount, supposedly). Further, we had to book the sites as a group with a one night deposit on each site…the remainder of the cost was due 24 hours BEFORE check-in. This was a total pain for 15+ camp sites. Then, if you wanted to use the bath house, they charged $0.25 per 5 minutes of hot water…but if you take a shower after 6:30am, there is no hot water left. Every conversation with staff was overly rude and unhelpful. Overall, it was WAY too expensive for such a basic, run-down, and ugly campground. Oh, and it is directly next to a car racing track, so forget peace and quiet Fri and Sat nights.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank drbabyblueeyes
West Salem, WI
Reviewed 30 June 2009

My husband and I and are 2 kids ages 12 & 9 just returned home from a weekend camping trip at Arrowhead Resort Campground and I have to say it's our favorite campground in Wisconsin Dells! There is so much to do there for everyone in the family. They had 2 pools, a nice playground, tennis courts, basketball courts, volleyball courts, horseshoes, shuffle board, mini golf, hayrides, gameroom, and a outdoor theater!! There is no chance anyone in your family will get bored. Not only do they have great amenities but the campsites are large and spaced out well so your not right on top of your neighbor. The bathroom/shower houses where clean. The only complaint I have is that they charge you .25 cents for a 5 minute shower. My family will be back to Arrowhead campground!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank momof2boys_7
midwest
Reviewed 26 April 2009

My family and I have stayed at Arrowhead a number of times, the sites for the most part are large and wooded ( there are some open sites) there has been a couple of management changes in the last few years, current management has been there 2 to 3 yrs.They have made numerous improvements, add'l camping cabins, painting, cleaning and adding some gravel to the bad roads. The real issue is the seasonals seem to think they run the park, loud parties and open drinking on golf carts, watch out for the kids because they let their kids drive the carts, management seems to look the other way. I will continue to go, but until someone gets hit, the carts will continue to run through the park....

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank ibdude
St. Paul , MN
Reviewed 14 July 2008

This trip was arranged for us. We went to be with other members of our large family (all ages). When we got there, the roads were in disrepair, the camp sites were poorly marked and filthy! There was garbage all over our site. Quiet hours were not observed on either night we were there, with "seasonal trailer" residents having loud parties and using foul language. I felt as if I had decended into white trash hell. Security did nothing. I would never recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family