“Great Family Camp Ground”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wisconsin Dells
Dells TimberLand Camping Resort
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Older camp grounds but beautifully maintained. Lots of established trees and fun activities for the kids.

My Husband, Son (11 years) and myself stayed here while vacationing in the Wisconsin Dells. They have wonderful amenities for children. My Son loved the bouncing pillow and very large arcade room.

The camp store has the bare basics but there are big box grocery stores within a few minutes drive.

We really loved the movie that was shown over the pool.

We have a full hookup camper so I didn't see the restrooms so I can comment on those.

Our campsite was perfect. Large space around the fire pit, enough privacy from the other campers.

We would definitely stay here again.

One thing to note about the Wisconsin Dells - the state bird is the mosquito :) pack bug spray.

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Jennifer G

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here it was easy to find and easy to check in. The bathrooms were clean and seemed newly remodeled. The pool area is very nice the pool is kept very clean. I especially enjoyed the games and activities they have for their guests. The staff is really nice and accommodating. Overall I had a great time I will definitely come again!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Johnathan M
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I called Timberland to get information regarding camping. I was told they had room and their rates were reasonable, close to the Dells, and had security. It was what I wasn't told that was the problem...

We arrived, went inside, admired the pool area and the pool table inside, and was assigned a site. They said on weekends they had security personnel and they DO enforce the quiet times posted. Our site was tiny, had to park the jeep across the front as it would not fit next to our 22 foot trailer. When we put the awning out, we were IN the white pines. Really tight. The water tasted good. Husband checked out the bathrooms and showers; said they were old but sorta clean (never ask a guy, ladies...).

What they did NOT tell us was the campground backed up to a racetrack. Yep, a racetrack. And the trains ran every few hours right across the road (yes, we saw the tracks but hard to tell how active the tracks are). Could tolerate the trains, hubby loves trains. However, the racetrack with cars and loud, loud exhaust systems... I was never so glad when 10 PM came and I could again hear myself think! We actually had to raise our voices to have a conversation when the races were running. Sure would have been nice to know about the racetrack when I called. That question is now added to the list when we call campgrounds we are unfamiliar with!!

Nothing was put down on the dirt roads throughout the campground to keep the dust down. It came in and covered everything. Many of the sites had permanent residents. We did not use the pool. Husband took a shower and was not impressed so I skipped mine.

I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else, unless you really LOVE hearing a racetrack for hours.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank SCBMichigan
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Website is very deceiving! We arrived to find the complex looking run down. We figured 'lets give it a try!' We checked in, got our campsite and headed over to set up camp. When we got to our site it was very rocky, and there was no level spot to put a 8x8 tent! We went back to the offices to see is there was another site, we receive a new spot and set up camp. 2 hours later the races started....it was very loud and lasted hours, not the peaceful vacation we had in mind. Along with the races came the train that rolled on by every couple of hours throughout the night. If we had kids I would have left this place earlier than we did. I couldn't imagine getting them to sleep, it would have been impossible. The bathroom facilities were unkept, no toilet paper, paper towel, gobs of hair and gunk in the corners of the bathroom stalls and showers. We decided to leave after day two. After expressing our dissatisfaction the staff did nothing to compensate us for the unused nights nor were they worried that they had unsatisfied customers. I've been to the Dells many times and have camped pretty much every time at the KOA. My recommendation is stay there or enjoy one of the awesome hotels in the area, you and your kids will have a much better time!

Room Tip: Stay at the KOA or one of the many resorts in the area!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Samantha1121
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We had made reservations to this campground for this upcoming weekend. After placing a deposit on the phone and the receptionist telling us the rules... including that we had three days prior to check in to cancel and still receive a refund for the deposit... we were satisfied with there service.

Well... due to a family emergency... we cannot make the reservation. I called three days before the date to cancel. The receptionist informed me at the time of cancellation that I could not get a refund on the deposit because I was calling in 2.5 hours late from the deadline. I should have called before 3:00 instead of 5:30. I run my own business and I feel that this is not good business practice (due to the fact they still had three days of notice) and not very accommodating for the customer... but... I can accept that rule.

The problem that I have is that they will not let me use this deposit for another stay. Well... that's fine if that is how they would like to run their business. They can keep the deposit... but my family and I WILL NEVER stay at this campground. We camp two-three times a month... that's a great deal of business lost... but there management does not seem to care that they have a loss in business. It's too bad...

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Cherie G
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Staying here with My family has been the best experience ever. The staff were great, and even though the races were loud and long we still loved it and would recommend this campground to anyone. The security helped as well to keep the noise down.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We did not stay long, only one night at the campground. Mostly seasonal people around and the place is packed. Booking was tough online, they had some errors and we had to call since we never received a confirmation, they book with a company in Jamaica then it's gets back to them so the gal told us when it get's lost or messed up it's usually gone for good. She got us a site and we were great. We had full hook up...very nice. Lots of big black ants coating the trees "just a heads up" not much they can do about it.

All in all a place to park your camper and head into town to play!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family