Myself, my friend and our 10 year old children stayed at the Shamrock for 2 nights. I was originally going to stay at the Hilton but thought we should be thrifty and spend our money on things on attractions and not worry about spending much time in our motel.
The good: This place is a great value. We stayed mid-week for $100/night. With wristbands to Chula Vista for the entire stay, $25.00 Noah’s Ark passes (you can get $10 next day passes when you leave Noah's Ark the first day!) and an abundance of coupons and combo packs.
I didn’t use the pools but the kids did and they looked clean and fun. The rooms was also clean and was large for a motel room.
The shower was spotless and had good temp control and the towels were not hairy (I read this was a problem for a few other reviewers, they must've gotten it figured out). The customer service was outstanding! We were always greeted with a smile and lots of information and help whenever we went to the office with questions. In particular, we had some noise issues (see the bad) and when I called the front desk, they immediately sprang into action and tried to find the source of the noise.
The bad: The first night of our stay, we were watching some TV before dozing off around 11pm when we noticed that we could hear someone else’s' tv over ours. When our TV was turned off, the noise was so loud and distracting that none of us could even think about sleeping. It sounded like someone brought with their surround sound Dolby speakers and hooked them up to an adjoining wall...it was bad. We called the front desk and while they checked around for the noise and asked our neighbors to turn down their TV, it still didn’t stop until 1am. Being on the 1st floor we could also hear everyone’s footsteps above us which was a bummer when we were really trying to get some rest to get back at all of the fun the next day.
Another bad is the fact that there is no coffee maker in the room. Kind of disappointing to have to walk to the office for a tiny cup of coffee then back again and again. So that you can wake up because you were up all night listening to your neighbor's TV.
And last but not least...the beds are hard as a rock but should be expected for a value motel. In preparation for them being very bad I went to Wal-Mart the first night and bought a foam pad to help out with this which helped and allowed for better sleep then had I not had it.
Overall if you stay at the Shamrock, expect firm-hard beds and some noise but also expect a great value and a clean place to sleep and shower with VERY friendly customer service. I would stay again but would ask for a 2nd floor room and bring with my egg carton cushion for the bed and a large coffee cup to fill up in the office each morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly across from Noah's Ark, Shamrock Motel offers something for everyone! We are walking distance to Big Foot Ziplines, the Dells Army Ducks, Tommy Bartlett's Thrill Show, and more! Enjoy our newly renovated rooms, free wi-fi, and complimentary coffee. We offer many great deals to area attractions and restaurants. After a day of fun, relax in our indoor and outdoor pools, have a BBQ and picnic on our spacious lawn area, while the kids play on the swings. Perhaps you would rather enjoy a meal out on the town, we are located right next to Hot Dog Avenue, Mr. Pancake, BJ's, and many other great family restaurants! When planning your next family vacation to beautiful Wisconsin Dells, check us out! You will be glad you did! Let our family take care of yours, at Shamrock Motel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Shamrock Motel Resort & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shamrock Motel Resort And Suites
- Shamrock Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Shamrock Motel Wisconsin Dells