“I've never been treated this rudely in my entire life”
Review of Starlite Motel

Starlite Motel
Ranked #45 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
A TripAdvisor Member
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed 16 July 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Starlite Motel in 2004. We loved it. Great location and clean. I made another reservation for July 20- 23, 2006.

Because of health issues I had to cancel my reservation. Because I was never given a cancellation number, my husband called back to confirm that we did not have a reservation and would not be billed. He was cut off by the owner and hung up on.

I called back and was actually SCREAMED at by the owner. She said that she did not appreciate being called TEN TIMES and that she was busy and cleaning. Then I was cut off and hung up on. I have never been treated this way in my life. Maybe she forgets that customers are the only reason she stays in business.

I will spread the word far and wide for people to avoid this hotel after the shameful way the owner acted. NEVER GO THERE!

PS: My husband and I never complain about mildly bad service. Everyone I know will hear about this incident.

• Stayed: July 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Starlite Motel

A TripAdvisor Member
Clinton, WI
Reviewed 27 June 2006

I took my 4 children, and 2 friends to the Dells for a mini vacation. We had discount coupons to several attractions including Noah's Ark and Mt. Olympus waterparks, so I was looking for merely a place to sleep and shower. I found the hotel online and called 1 week ahead to book the room. All 7 of us were able to stay in a 2 room suite for only $65. I couldn't find any other hotels even close to this rate. We stayed on a Sunday night. We were within walking distance of all the downtown shops, eating, bowling, mini-golf, and the shuttle to the boats. The hotel had an outdoor pool, which the kids enjoyed. It had 2 tvs, a small refrigerator and a microwave. It was all very basic, and none of it was new, but it was a quiet, safe place to stay, and that was what we were looking for. I feel we got what we paid for.

• Stayed: June 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 March 2005

I usually write positive reviews about the hotels I've stayed at, but this one had to be one of the worst. For starters, it's tough to get a room in Wisconsin Dells on a Saturday night stay only (most have a 2 night minimum), and the Starlite was all I could find, at a very high rate ($124.00). For the price that was paid, I would have expected a room that had been updated in the last 15 years. However, the room was in the old section of the building. Old wallpaper, drapes and carpet were the first thing that stood out to me. The room also had a glade plug-in air freshener, with a scent that smelled like an old grandma's house. The TV had no remote control, and the coffee maker (if you dare call it that) looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. All else aside, the room was generally clean but worth around $60 on a saturday night, not over twice that. If you're looking for a good deal in the dells with a nice room consider the Black Hawk if you're staying downtown or the American World on the strip. Both have nicer facilities and nicer rooms! Too bad they were booked the weekend I went to the Starlite!

• Stayed: August 2004