“It's just a campground....”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wisconsin Dells
Sherwood Forest Camping & RV Park
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Read quite a few reviews and overall, it is just a campground. You are paying a hefty premium for being so close to all Dells attractions...and you are close!
Pool area nice, Bathrooms cleaned regularly. Did see an elderly gentlemen cleaning the sites of scraps left by former campers (good thing ).

HIgh ground better than lower ground. Quieter and seemed to be a better sites.
Considerable permanent sites well in the back of the property, which typically indicates a better property.
Cabins are also pricey but have A/C.

Did not check out the KOA but did like the Yogi Bear Park on the south side of the Dells. Family owned for a long time, which should indicate both stability and an understanding of customer needs.

I also found it very annoying to have to push the shower lever for water every 30-40 seconds or so but each shower has a door with a lock and is completely secure. Water was warm.

Can not comprehend how anyone could see this property as GREAT...

Room Tip: Ask to check out available sites before locking into one. The non electric and water tent sites in t...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank BAD-UNCLE-DAVE

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

My fiance and I stayed here this past weekend, we were really impressed by the secluded tent sites and that they were surrounded by trees. Our site wasn't in view of any other sites either which was great! It wasn't too loud at the campground, there is a train nearby but we hardly noticed it. The staff was friendly and the showers and bathroom were pretty cleaning for being a campground! We would definitely stay here again for our next vacation to the dells!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Brittney C
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Overall, the convenient campground location, level site, and adequate site space were undercut by a severe lack of "housekeeping." For instance: cigarette butts, bottle caps, candy wrappers, and age-old meat bones surrounded camp fire rings; an old mattress and rusted vehicle stood next to two dumpsters; and candy wrappers, bottle caps, and stray paper littered the pavilion where (possibly) a weekend movie night might have taken place. There was little grass in most sites, with much bare ground which became muddy after even a moderate rain. New trees had been planted--as they still retained the nursery identification/price tags. Bare ground under swings, slides, etc. was deeply rutted after years of use. Thankfully, we did not need to use either restroom or shower facilities. Though five television stations were advertised, we were capable of receiving none of them, and the camp's WiFi access was weak. Lastly, nighttime lighting was minimal.

Room Tip: The advertised "three blocks from downtown" actually feels a lot longer.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tess M
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My 7 year old son and I stayed here in June 2014 and we will be going back for Prehistoric weekend in August 2014 for our third visit overall so we cannot wait!!! We always have a campsite on the lower level near the office (easy in, easy out, near pool, near game room, near lower level bathrooms/showers) and I can see how some may not like the road noise but it doesn't bother us. I always bring earplugs just in case but so far haven't needed to use them.

My son absolutely loves the pool which really is heated and warm. He also loves the free use of baskeballs to play on the basketball court. I love how close the campground is to the Dells without feeling like you're in the middle of the city and the prices are excellent. Being a single parent, I can never afford the pricey hotels in the Dells but that's okay, we love camping and Sherwood Forest is our first choice when we're in the Dells area.

Bathrooms are cleaned once a day (at least the lower level one by the office is-we never use the upper level ones so can't comment on that one) and I did see a cleaning person each day since our campsite was in view of the bathrooms there. Showers on the lower level bathroom are warm, never felt too hot to me. I do find it annoying to have to push the shower lever for water every 30-40 seconds or so but can't complain too much when its free and warm :)

We're excited to return in a few weeks!! :) Thanks Sherwood for being such a fun getaway for my son and me whenever we can get away!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I have never been so disgusted with a campground!! My site was surrounded with thorn bushes! The bathrooms were quite a distance up a super steep hill! The hill was for all driving traffic downhill to the front, it was so steep i had to ride the brakes to not speed. The bathrooms were not clean! A toilet overflowed and left a nasty puddle of water that wasn't cleaned up for almost 24 hours! The showers had one setting, way too hot. I couldn't shower my younger children because the water was so hot it burned their sensitive skin. The showers were cleaned daily, but no more. The first time I showered there was a massive wad of hair in the drain and the shower caddy was covered in green slime. Some of the rooms had hooks for towels, which was convenient, but most of them did not or the ones there were broken. During the night it was impossible to see on your way up the hill, there was barely any lighting on the pathways. Come Friday night people were getting drunk and loud and although they did have security walking around there were several sites in our vicinity that refused to calm down. Early Saturday morning my 12 year old daughter awakened me because there was a strange man in her tent. He didn't harm her, but he was sleeping between my 3 year old and 12 year old daughters because he was so drunk. After we informed security and tracked him down it turns out he was the extremely loud neighbor security had to talk to several times earlier. The owners didn't think it was necessary to get rid of him and didn't care about how my children felt. They couldn't sleep there again in a million years, we will never go back!!! Never!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank cherryttee1911
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

A nice camp ground & friendly.just drove through to see up dates.I cant wait till they open for the camping season.Lets think nice weather.I want a camp fire now &cook over the fire pit.They always have nice specials on for the camp ground

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Deb F
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Great camp ground & friendly staff.They have a lot of stuff to do for kids.Prices arent bad for down town dells.We love going back there to camp.They have a lot of specials.Its spring time tp go camp at sherwood forest camp ground in WI Dells

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family