“Good hotel with some disapointments”

Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have stayed at this facility many times in the past. It is very clean, fairly modern, and has an excellent front desk staff. Special kudos to Frank for going out of his way to accomodate my request. Two minor changes at this site surprised and disapointed me. First, no afternoon coffee. I always enjoy a cup when I get all checked into a room. They explained that thay only put it out in the morning now. Second, they have no room service. Restraunt only services breakfast. I miss my Mobie Burger.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker, there are balcony rooms. The property is non smoking but a smoke on the balcon...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ChicagoPhilster

Reviewed 15 April 2014

One of the reasons that I chose this hotel was because of the good job the photographer did. The room looked bigger and brighter than it was. I liked that it had a chair and I wouldn't have to be sitting on the bed all the time. The chair was very comfortable but the TV didn't really turn so I didn't really sit in it for any length of time. It was comfy though.
The lighting wasn't really very good at all. The light between the 2 queen beds had two different controls one for each side. The energy saver bulbs were in the light. That's good :) When my friend was reading on her side and I was watching a movie on my said, her light was right in my eyes and also reflecting on the screen. Nice big TV with good picture. Weather was bad so only had service part of the time. NBC came in but not ABC and CBS a lot of the time. What up??????
The piece of furniture that holds the coffee maker + refrigerator is very nice and looks classy. Another reason that I chose this hotel. Other places had a mini frig sitting in the corner of the room with the microwave on top. Really looked cheap and ugly.
This piece of furniture would have been made SO MUCH better if only there was a light in it. The hotel has a Keurig for making coffee in the morning. The directions are a bit complicated if you have never used this small no reserve water coffee maker. I have a Keurig at home but this was not much like it at all and in fact made it more confusing. Anyway, there were directions (pictures) on the machine and another set of printed directions on a little card. I'm not sure they were the same........If only there had been a light to see what I was doing and reading. My friend was still asleep in the room and I was being as quiet as possible and didn't want to turn on any overhead lighting. Oh, if only there had been a light above the coffee maker. The overhead light didn't get into the area where you need to be able to see either.
The bathroom door squeaked and squeaked everytime I moved it and again this did not go well with trying to be as quiet as possible to not wake my friend. I am not as good of a sleeper as she is. I am very good at not waking people but things in the room were not helping.
The outside light was also not working to our patio. :(
We called ahead to ask for a room with a balcony or patio but yet when we arrived no one had done anything about it. We were able to get a patio though which was good for my friend that still smokes. :(
The hotel looks clean, and our room was serviced very well. The amenities were very nice.

The breakfast buffet was very nice with a good variety. Fruit, juice, granola bars, bread, bagels, sweet rolls and donuts, yogurt.....really good variety. For $10 you could help yourself to that buffet plus order a hot breakfast. There was always something to drink and munch on in the lobby area. Lemon water, coffee, tea, cookies, granola squares......want that recipe!
There is an open area bar and a lobby area right around the front desk.
The pool looked very nice as did the business center and the work out room. There weren't many guests taking advantage of the areas on this spring weekend where we woke to 3 inches of snow Monday morning.

The lighting in the room probably was my biggest issue. Even tho there were 3 lamps none of them had different levels of brightness. At night even with all the lights on I was not able to read the settings on my portable DVD player infront of the TV, without getting my phone and using the flashlight ap to set up to watch a movie. I am not a fan of bright lights but when the need is there it would be good to be able to turn up or down as you like.

As mentioned previously it is very centrally located and there are many restaurants close by even within walking distance. You could walk to a couple water parks also.

For the most part everything was very nice and I would recommend this hotel to any friend.

Room Tip: Corner rooms look like they have a nice balcony area. I don't know if they charge more or not...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2014

A very clean and comfortable room in the Dells. Centrally located, you can walk to dinner at great location next store at Dell Bar and other restaurants close by. Nice little patio attached to the room, unfortunately still to cold to be put to use.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Tom S
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This was the 4th or 5th time I've stayed at this hotel while in the Dells area for business, and every time has been excellent. You can never go wrong staying at a Hilton hotel - they are always clean, well maintained properties. (Love the Keurig coffee machine in the room!)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank EKeane
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The overall appearance, location and very good customer service provided for an enjoyable stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. The hotel is is a central location within Wiscons Dells that makes it very convenient for business or recreation to get to key locations. The staff was very friendly and attentive to making sure that my stay meet my expectations. A very good experience all around.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed 1 April 2014

It's a typical Hilton Garden Inn, well maintained and very clean. The hotel is starting to show some wear, but given the location, it is in better than most of the other water park hotels (no water park, but most of the better hotels in Dells have one). The location is near some good restaurants and a Sprecher Brewery restaurant is next door. Room was clean, quiet and comfortable (easy to get some work done). Good cooked to order breakfast in morning.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MFJ60
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Great time, the best staff, breakfast was pleasant and organized. Relaxing after a crowded & hectic day at the water parks and the amusement parks. My grand kids loved the indoor pool.
Walking distance to nice restaurants. We stayed in a king bed suite with sofa, with the March basketball games my husband needed his own TV (two TV's in the suite), plus a nice coffee maker.

Room Tip: We ask and received a first floor room near the pool for the grand kids.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family