“Great Staff and Relaxation Location”

Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #3 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersSilver level
Walworth, Wisconsin
“Great Staff and Relaxation Location”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

On 4/17-18, as a group of friends getaway we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. This was the first time we have stayed at this hotel. Great choice! We were all thrilled to see that they have outdoor hot tubs! I hadn't noticed that online. They are not very big, but since there are two, we were never crowded. We were able to relax after a day of play in the Dells! The perfect touch to a perfect weekend. I really would like to comment also on Cody who we saw throughout our stay. What a great employee you have. He was always so pleasant when we saw him in the hallway. Then we would see him cleaning the fitness equipment and wiping up little spills in the hallway it was clear he valued his role in this hotel. What a hard worker!
Then, after we got home I realized I left items in the closet and worked with your Heather in lost and found to retrieve these items. She was superb and stayed vigilant in keeping me posted as the items were found and confirmed when they were sent to me. So great to see the hotel hires hard workers who are also equally outstanding in customer service!! Great job Cody and Heather! I have been in upper management in 4 Diamond hotels for several years and am able to spot "over the top" team members.

Room Tip: They don't have a complimentary breakfast and you do have to pay for even a bagel. I would like...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank constancew436

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Polish first
Iowa, United States
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My wife and I had an excellent stay and we highly recommend Hilton Garden Inn in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin. The service is great, breakfast is fantastic and the staff is very accommodating. We stay at the Hotel at least twice a month and sometimes more and the service is always first rated...Excellent!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Dan M
Chicago
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have stayed at this facility many times in the past. It is very clean, fairly modern, and has an excellent front desk staff. Special kudos to Frank for going out of his way to accomodate my request. Two minor changes at this site surprised and disapointed me. First, no afternoon coffee. I always enjoy a cup when I get all checked into a room. They explained that thay only put it out in the morning now. Second, they have no room service. Restraunt only services breakfast. I miss my Mobie Burger.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker, there are balcony rooms. The property is non smoking but a smoke on the balcon...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ChicagoPhilster
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 April 2014

One of the reasons that I chose this hotel was because of the good job the photographer did. The room looked bigger and brighter than it was. I liked that it had a chair and I wouldn't have to be sitting on the bed all the time. The chair was very comfortable but the TV didn't really turn so I didn't really sit in it for any length of time. It was comfy though.
The lighting wasn't really very good at all. The light between the 2 queen beds had two different controls one for each side. The energy saver bulbs were in the light. That's good :) When my friend was reading on her side and I was watching a movie on my said, her light was right in my eyes and also reflecting on the screen. Nice big TV with good picture. Weather was bad so only had service part of the time. NBC came in but not ABC and CBS a lot of the time. What up??????
The piece of furniture that holds the coffee maker + refrigerator is very nice and looks classy. Another reason that I chose this hotel. Other places had a mini frig sitting in the corner of the room with the microwave on top. Really looked cheap and ugly.
This piece of furniture would have been made SO MUCH better if only there was a light in it. The hotel has a Keurig for making coffee in the morning. The directions are a bit complicated if you have never used this small no reserve water coffee maker. I have a Keurig at home but this was not much like it at all and in fact made it more confusing. Anyway, there were directions (pictures) on the machine and another set of printed directions on a little card. I'm not sure they were the same........If only there had been a light to see what I was doing and reading. My friend was still asleep in the room and I was being as quiet as possible and didn't want to turn on any overhead lighting. Oh, if only there had been a light above the coffee maker. The overhead light didn't get into the area where you need to be able to see either.
The bathroom door squeaked and squeaked everytime I moved it and again this did not go well with trying to be as quiet as possible to not wake my friend. I am not as good of a sleeper as she is. I am very good at not waking people but things in the room were not helping.
The outside light was also not working to our patio. :(
We called ahead to ask for a room with a balcony or patio but yet when we arrived no one had done anything about it. We were able to get a patio though which was good for my friend that still smokes. :(
The hotel looks clean, and our room was serviced very well. The amenities were very nice.

The breakfast buffet was very nice with a good variety. Fruit, juice, granola bars, bread, bagels, sweet rolls and donuts, yogurt.....really good variety. For $10 you could help yourself to that buffet plus order a hot breakfast. There was always something to drink and munch on in the lobby area. Lemon water, coffee, tea, cookies, granola squares......want that recipe!
There is an open area bar and a lobby area right around the front desk.
The pool looked very nice as did the business center and the work out room. There weren't many guests taking advantage of the areas on this spring weekend where we woke to 3 inches of snow Monday morning.

The lighting in the room probably was my biggest issue. Even tho there were 3 lamps none of them had different levels of brightness. At night even with all the lights on I was not able to read the settings on my portable DVD player infront of the TV, without getting my phone and using the flashlight ap to set up to watch a movie. I am not a fan of bright lights but when the need is there it would be good to be able to turn up or down as you like.

As mentioned previously it is very centrally located and there are many restaurants close by even within walking distance. You could walk to a couple water parks also.

For the most part everything was very nice and I would recommend this hotel to any friend.

Room Tip: Corner rooms look like they have a nice balcony area. I don't know if they charge more or not...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Deer Park, Illinois
Reviewed 4 April 2014

A very clean and comfortable room in the Dells. Centrally located, you can walk to dinner at great location next store at Dell Bar and other restaurants close by. Nice little patio attached to the room, unfortunately still to cold to be put to use.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Tom S
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This was the 4th or 5th time I've stayed at this hotel while in the Dells area for business, and every time has been excellent. You can never go wrong staying at a Hilton hotel - they are always clean, well maintained properties. (Love the Keurig coffee machine in the room!)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank EKeane
Sheboygan, United States
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The overall appearance, location and very good customer service provided for an enjoyable stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. The hotel is is a central location within Wiscons Dells that makes it very convenient for business or recreation to get to key locations. The staff was very friendly and attentive to making sure that my stay meet my expectations. A very good experience all around.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business