“This is why we stay at Hilton Garden Inns”

Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #3 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersSilver level
Minocqua, Wisconsin
“This is why we stay at Hilton Garden Inns”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Excellent Hilton Garden Inn. Clean, comfortable and spacious rooms. Attractive lobby area, great business room, good exercise facilities and a very good breakfast. During the Wisconsin Dells off season, this hotel is a tremendous bargain. An equally nice HGI in Madison, a few miles south, costs twice as much for the convenience. As a bonus, there is a terrific fine dining restaurant right next door.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mark M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Polish first
Skokie, Illinois
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Me & my 14 years old son do not get to see each other much due to far distance & we decided to spend a father & son weekend getaway in Wisconsin Dell this April, not realizing that most of the fun activities are still in a winter-sleep at this point in time everywhere in Wisconsin Dell. But we did enjoy the pool at the Hilton & the breakfast buffet was indeed hearty & reasonable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Grayslake, Illinois
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Really good hotel. Since it was off season for the craziness of the Dells it was perfect and was priced a little more than $100. The breakfast was excellent and perfect with the bed and breakfast package. Pool was good for kids and multiple hot tubs were nice. Beds were comfortable and having Kerig in room was a nice touch. They had a nice little bar with beers on tap and mixed drinks.

One problem we had was the fire alarm going off at 11pm and waking my kids up...thats never good. Only other downside that I had was that I had asked about staying there July 3rd (which is a holiday and high season). I was quoted $279 per night. Absolutely no way this hotel is worth $300. I'll find somewhere else for way less than $300.

Overall though a good hotel and very nicely kept and clean. I would stay her again if the price was right.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is now my hotel of choice on my business trips to this area. I've never stayed during the "summer tourist season", but in the off-season, it's always a great place to stay.

Quiet, convenient, and great service. The facility is in great shape, has all the needed amenities. I've always gotten a great price so the value is always there.

It's just far enough off the main street to offer some quiet and relaxation, but close enough to the interstate to make an easy trip.

Several good places to eat nearby.

During business travel I want easy to get to, a quiet comfortable sleep and the basic amenities, and this hotel delivers on all counts. Excellent, friendly staff as well.

I highly recommend.

Room Tip: they have several rooms with balconies (not standard) and some better views toward the lake (no actu...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Geneva, United States
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Regularly stay at this hotel in my travels between Chicago and Minneapolis. Always spotlessly clean, great staff and great breakfast. Restaurant next door (Del Bar) is a fantastic dinner spot. Always look forward to staying at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Winneconne, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The staff was helpful and check in was quick and easy. We stayed in a King suite with a sofa sleeper and a jacuzzi tub...we did the up-grade and loved it. Our room was large with lots of space to move about. It was clean and the room was quiet. Initially we thought the bed was going to be rather hard but it was actually quite comfortable. The pool was nothing special but my son loved the jacuzzi tub in our room. Loved our stay and will definitely be back whenever in the Dells.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Walworth, Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 April 2014

On 4/17-18, as a group of friends getaway we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. This was the first time we have stayed at this hotel. Great choice! We were all thrilled to see that they have outdoor hot tubs! I hadn't noticed that online. They are not very big, but since there are two, we were never crowded. We were able to relax after a day of play in the Dells! The perfect touch to a perfect weekend. I really would like to comment also on Cody who we saw throughout our stay. What a great employee you have. He was always so pleasant when we saw him in the hallway. Then we would see him cleaning the fitness equipment and wiping up little spills in the hallway it was clear he valued his role in this hotel. What a hard worker!
Then, after we got home I realized I left items in the closet and worked with your Heather in lost and found to retrieve these items. She was superb and stayed vigilant in keeping me posted as the items were found and confirmed when they were sent to me. So great to see the hotel hires hard workers who are also equally outstanding in customer service!! Great job Cody and Heather! I have been in upper management in 4 Diamond hotels for several years and am able to spot "over the top" team members.

Room Tip: They don't have a complimentary breakfast and you do have to pay for even a bagel. I would like...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends