“Nicest non-waterpark hotel in the Dells.”

Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #3 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago suburbs
“Nicest non-waterpark hotel in the Dells.”
Reviewed 6 January 2010

Picked this hotel because it is the nicest one in the area not attached to the insanity of the waterparks - been there, done that a number of times.

Checked in early New Years Day after dropping my family off at the Devil's Head ski resort. The young woman at the desk commented that I looked perhaps a little tired and maybe wanted to go up to the room.

I mentioned that I was exhausted from the chemotherapy that I am undergoing and could use the early check in to sleep. We chatted for a bit about the best routes to the resort, things to do with the kids in the evening, and joked about how I had the advantage of becaseu of chemo of sitting in the lodge watching them ski in below zero temps, etc.

When my wife checked us out the following day, the same young woman and the manager were at the desk. They inquired about me and offered the room until 3:00 so I could rest in comfort while the family skied - for no additional charge.

When I was walking through the lobby they made sure that I knew that it was available, and if I changed my mind to return to the hotel and the room was mine to use.

The staff at the Wisconsin Dells property went above and beyond in response to my casual comment about being on chemotherapy. This is especially surprising given the volume of clients they had over the New Years holiday. Rooms were great, breakfast restaurant on site was great with the kids.

The staff made my stay pleasant indeed.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Secret_Santa2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Polish first
New Jersey
Reviewed 14 September 2009

I stopped here on the way to Fargo, ND. The room was large and had all the amenities.
They charge for breakfast ($10.00 if you want something like an omelet), which includes the usual fruits, yogurt, cereal, juices.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Chicago
Reviewed 8 September 2009

This was our second visit to this hotel. First time was great, had no problems. This time we were booked in a handicap room at the END of the hallway. Bed was uncomfortable, house keeping came ONCE out of 3 days and it was around 4-5 at night. Checking out was a long line that took forever, they didnt even verify who I was just asked for room number, didnt ask how my stay was. Found out on my bank transaction they billed me for over $100 more than they should have, called the hotel and the General Manager said "I garentee youll get billed for the original rate (on the bill they gave me when I left). I told him about how it was a terrible time and everything above and did not seem to care, just asked if I wanted him to call my bank (had previously went there to talk to them already). Didnt apologize or anything, never staying at this hotel again, would rather stay at a waterpark even if Im not using the waterpark.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Minnesota
Reviewed 31 August 2009

My husband and I stayed here on a Friday night on a busy weekend. We had a Summer All Inclusive rate which included waterpark passes to Wilderness, Pizza and two cocktails, and a full breakfast. We felt it a great value with the added items. The room was extrememly clean and the bed very comfortable! The front desk staff were courteous and answered our many questions. The pizza was great and the breakfast tasty! It was definately one of our better hotel experiences in the Dells!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 August 2009

Great hotel! It was very clean, the beds were extremely comfortable and the staff was courteous. We stayed in the king whirlpool suite which also had a fireplace and balcony and we didn’t want to leave! The pool is a little on the small side, and they only have an indoor one, but they do have two outdoor hot tubs. It is kind of a business type atmosphere, not sure young children would enjoy it too much. But overall we had a great experience here and would definitely stay again! :)

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 20 August 2009

This is a good place to stay in when visiting the Wisconsin Dells. The rooms are clean, the bathroom is spotless, the beds are comfortable with ample pillows, and the breakfast is free. It is not never the main attractions or downtown area, so you either must take a taxi or drive. The taxi is inexpensive, roughly about $10 one way to main street or downtown. The hotel lobby area is nice and has a flat screen t.v. which is also standard in the rooms too. My only concern was the staff at the front desk, which could be hit or miss depending on who's on duty at the time. All in all, it is still a good place to stay.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
chicago, il
Reviewed 20 August 2009

We enjoyed staying at this conveniently located, yet "out of the way" hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was clean, spacious and uncluttered. As Hilton Honors members we received 2 free made to order breakfasts that were quite good. The pool was indoors and on the small side, but in the water park capital of the world it was a nice change. There were indoor and outdoor hot tubs with plenty of room to relax.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family