“Great beer, friendly people!”

Port Huron Brewing Company
More attraction details
Owner description: BEER.TOURS.FUN!Inspired by our famiy's 1917 Port Huron Steam Traction Engine, a new brewery was born in 2011 with the motto"Quality Built Beer". Port Huron Brewing Company produces some of the finest craft beers in Wisconsin. One visit to the Engine House Tap Room and you will agree Port Huron stands for quailty. We invite you to join us at the Tap Room located within Port Huron Brewing Company, you will have the priviege of tasting one or all of our quality crafted beers. Feel free to bring dinner with you or order delivery to the brewery. Families welcome.Open Wednesday & Thursday 4:00 pm-9:00 pm, Friday 2:00 pm-10:00 pm, and Saturday Noon-9:00 pm, & Sunday Noon-5 pm
Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great beer, friendly people!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Got a tip from a local to check this place out and wow are we glad we did! The best part is this is off the beaten path with no massive Dells-esque signs pointing the way. You need to hunt it out yourself and I hope it stays that way.
Words really don't do justice to just how friendly the folks of Port Huron Brewing are and the quality of the beer they're brewing. We're homebrewers and this is a fantastic example of scaling up. They're currently distributing local to the Dells area as well as to a handful of bars in Madison, if I remember correctly.
Took a Friday 6pm brewery tour (free!) from the owner and Brewmaster, Tanner. Did a great job explaining the process and equipment for the uninitiated. He was super open to questions and just wonderfully personable and passionate about his operation.
They might not do free samples during the tour but at $4 for a sampler after a free tour, this place is a steal and a half! There's no food but they do supply pretzels and popcorn for tasting. This is strictly a brewing operation with a gorgeous tap room and good on them for keeping it that way.
They currently brew 4 beers (there are 2 additional seasonals in the fall/winter) -- Honey Blonde, Hefeweizen, Amber Alt, and Porter. These are all excellent examples of their respective styles. The Honey Blonde is an easy drinking blonde ale with a hint of honey. The Hefeweizen is deliciously cloudy and full of banana and spice aromas and flavors. The Amber Alt has a great balance of hoppy bitterness and smooth amber ale style with an extra something I couldn't quite put my finger on. The Porter is all roasted notes but not overly smokey which was just perfect for me since I don't normally like porters.
The Engine House Tap Room is beautiful and they sell the usual shirts, sweatshirts, hats, pint glasses, and growlers. This is quality beer and you're doing yourself a disservice to leave empty handed. The other great thing about the tap room? It's clearly full of locals. The owner was working the bar and seemed to know everyone. While we were there a city councilman was bellied up to the bar having a pint and the owner got a chance to talk to him about what he needed to do to get permits in place for a tent for their big Oktoberfest release party. It's THAT kind of place despite being a bit off the beaten track for tourists.
This is the kind of place you want to sit down, have a couple beers, talk about good beer with local folks and talk about your homebrew setup with the owner (that's how he started and he clearly still loves it and is a bit wistful for those halcyon days).
Great beer and greater people. Get thee to Port Huron Brewing!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank ragdyann422

Green Bay, Wisconsin
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Good beer, good time - non-touristy”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Got a flight of 4 sampler beers: They had a honey blonde, hefeweizen, amber ale, & porter. I really liked the first 3 & i'm not a fan of porters but my brother thought it was one of the better ones he's had. The tap room is neat and the staff is very friendly. Free popcorn & pretzels while you drink and wait for a tour. Tanner gave a surprisingly VERY informative tour and his passion for brewing quality beer really shows.
But the best part about this place? It's nowhere near the touristy/nutty parts of the Dells. It's not far, but far enough to get away from the chaos to relax and enjoy some tasty local brews.

Visited May 2014
Salem, Wisconsin
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great little place!”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My husband and I stopped in after some wine tasting where Port Huron Brewing was suggested. We stopped, weren't sure we were in the right place - total industrial area. My husband ordered a "flight" for tasting and liked ALL of the samples. Very comfortable, sat, drank a little and chatted with the bartender. I would reccomend stopping in.

Visited March 2014
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great place”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

My husbands family has a lake home in the area. I found this place online by accident. My husband and I love craft beer so we thought it was worth checking out. We came in on a Saturday night. The bar was full so we grabbed a table. Bartender came over right away to greet us and take our order. He was very friendly and helpful! We were pleasantly surprised. We will be back with friends and family!

Cuba City, Wisconsin
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Beer made on site!”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

A great addition to the Dells. Just outside of Downtown Dells, so it is a quiet spot to go for a cold beer, or to bring a growler of your favorite home. Free tours are offered as well. Very friendly staff and usually the Brewmaster is also on site.

Visited November 2013