“Fun place to eat”

Price range: US$10 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Monk's Bar & Grill has been known throughout the Midwest as THE place to go for a great burger and friendly service, since 1947! Here at Monk's we are committed to delivering exceptional food, beverages and service efficiently in a clean, friendly, sports-oriented atmosphere every minute of every day. We serve our fresh, home-style burgers in a clean, family-fun filled sports atmosphere. The Original! Where our famous burgers began, Monk's Downtown Dells has made Monk's a Dells tradition for more than 65 years! The historical value of the building plays a key part in making every dining experience memorable. Open daily at 11am, we offer our full menu until midnight, but the party continues until bar time every night! One of the oldest restaurants in the Dells area, Monk's tradition of great service from some of the friendliest staff in the area is what has kept business booming for over 60 years!
Rochester, New York
“Fun place to eat”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Great food and service!! We were wondering around town when we came across Monks. At first I was worried it wasn't going to be kid friendly since it had a bar look to it from the outside. Was pleasantly surprised once inside. Of course we went on a Tuesday. We enjoyed Monks so much we came back for dinner and bought a t-shirt..

Visited June 2012

Woodbury, Minnesota
“It was ok”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Overall, I wouldn't rush back here. The service was ok, the food was ok, the surroundings were ok. It wasn't that clean, the food was really salty and other than the salty flavor, there wasn't other flavors. We asked for a Blue Moon on tap with no fruit. When it came, there was no fruit, which was great. But as I took a sip, I noticed pieces of orange all over the glass and floating on top of the beer. I appreciate the waiter taking the fruit off, but you don't serve a beer like that, he should have re-poured the beer....without the fruit pieces floating in it. There was a tv on every wall and the volume was turned up on all of them. And music was playing, so it was noisy and almost irritating. Nothing special, won't go back.

• Visited March 2013
WI
“Disappointed won't hurry back”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Family of 4 went to eat lunch there today. We were immediately greeted by several staff. Very friendly. Our waitress was attentive and friendly. For the price of a burger 6.99 to 8.99 it was really just so so. Bland flavor and on a cheap nothing to exciting bun. Fries are extra we got a nice sized basket for 2.99. That was good. They now serve burgers on one tissue paper. That was a turn off for us. To eat a greasy burger on tissue paper just a tad larger than the burger is a turn off. I understand being green but maybe wrap the bum in larger paper. I did not like my servers hands on my food. It looks hard for your staff to serve people this way. We used go here all the time. Time to try someplace different I guess.

• Visited April 2013
Plainfield, Indiana
“Kid approved!”
Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

Our 10 and 4 year olds wanted to return to Monks for hamburgers. The 10 year old claims it is the second best burger joint he has been to.

Monk's has all varieties of burgers. They are above average. It is rather hard to mess up french fries and the kids claim they were really good. Personally, they are fries, nothing special. The cheese curds were the best I have had.

Monk's is above average and will set a family of 4 back by approximately $50.

Dubuque, Iowa, United States
“It's not a trip to the dells unless you go to Monks!”
Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

Monks is great! You have to go downtown to the original! Their burgers are filling and their fries are to die for. I had the cheese curds this last time, for my very first time and they were great! You have to love all the wisconsin memoribelia on the walls along with the police and fire patches from all around the United States. While you are there you have to get a purple monkey, their signature drink. I don't know what's in it but it tastes great! It's not a trip to the dells unless you stop downtown for a monks burger and a purple monkey!