“Really - No Beer?”

Chi-Town Pizza
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Description: CHI-TOWN PIZZA is NOW OPEN! Specializing in take-out and delivery of Authentic, Homemade, Handmade, Old World Recipes... Made fresh daily... In house. Pizza, pasta, sandwiches, salads, appetizers, desserts and pizza by the slice. Ask about our daily specials and if you don't see it on the menu... Please ask. Open late night during select hours. Located in the heart of downtown Wisconsin Dells on Broadway. Play Ms. Pac Man and other retro games while you wait for your made from scratch pizza.
“Really - No Beer?”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This small pizzeria had some delicious pizza that our family loved. We got pepperoni and BBQ chicken! It was enough to bring back to our hotel room for a late night snack. One miss for me was that they don't serve beer. After spending the day with my family at the water park, I was looking forward to having some pizza with a beer (maybe 2). Aren't we in Wisconsin?

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Suzanne S

“Decent”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Came from Chicago and missed home when we arrived so we chose chi-town pizza. It was nothing like our pizza.. kind of upsetting, but not entirely because we remembered we were in wisconsin! Not a bad choice for late night pizza though. Also ordered garlic bread, very tasty!

1 Thank Carleen M
“Delicious!!!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We loved the pizza and breadsticks! We dined in and were very happy with the restaurant and service. Fresh ingredients and very flavorful! We would definitely eat there again!

Pingree Grove, Illinois
“Must of hit it in a off day”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Told 10 minutes for are order of pizza, Italian beef and breadsticks. More like 35 minutes . Breadsticks where burnt and received a refund since they did not come out
Before our main meal. Pizza was soggy and to much oregano for our taste . many customer where not satisfied that night . The owner was stressing out and yelled at his staff in front of the customers .

6 Thank hockeymom4145
tonyvpizza, Owner at Chi-Town Pizza, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Seriously can you go out to eat and expect a pizza and dinner in ten minutes !
Wow, then write a bad review cause it took what it is supposed to take!

Attention People reading reviews,, We do not have fast food. we have home made food made with care.
This place is Not for you if your looking for quick little ceaser type or gas station type pizza.
You can expect good quality food, made from my family reciepes , Thanks you
Chicago, Illinois
“Jury's still out...”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Went to Chi-town Pizza to pick up a pie on Friday night, July 18th.

After hearing and reading so much about the place, thought I'd see for myself.

(a few things)-

1.The place is bigger than I thought. The place isn't some band-box that accommodates only a few people.
(THAT was the OLD place was around the corner). there's a TON of seating

2. I expected to see and meet the Owner(who) oversaw every pie and meal leaving the kitchen?
(he wasn't there).

3. The price for the Pizza we ordered (Ex. lg Thin Sausage & Cheese) was VERY REASONABLE.

4. Who was the kid with the crazy who kept coming out the Kitchen with Pasta for the girls at the counter?

5. The Pizza left a little to be desired....

Let me use the "familiar refrain"-
"I'm from Chicago"...

I say this ONLY because when you live in Chicago and go(out) for Pizza, you expect each establishment to put their own spin on their Pizza, to the point, you KNOW you got THEIR PIZZA, and you go back- again and again because of the love they put into that Pizza, and the love you develop for their Pizza.

The Pizza I got from "Chi-Town Pizza" was NOT "Chicago Pizza".

It was OK Pizza, just Not Chicago Pizza.

The Crust was not as crisp as I had hoped. the Sauce was missing that "oomph" and the cheese was spread SO SPARINGLY- to the point, (IT) had to no tug or pull from the slice.

When you bite or pull apart a slice of Pizza, you should have that long piece of melted cheese that goes from the Pizza slice to your mouth(Sorry it wasn't happening Mr. Chi-Town) :(

HOWEVER- the next day, the Pizza tasted(somewhat) better (as leftovers) but the cheese? Still insufficient.

I don't know whether to chalk my Pie up to an absent Owner,
An off night- in the kitchen?
Needless-to-say, I was a little disappointed

I was expecting better.

Next time I'm in the Dells, I WILL be back though.

I won't turn my back on "Chi-towm Pizza" (simply)off 1- experience.
Plus We didn't try anything else off the menu.

I just hope next time-

The Owner's there,
The "oomph" is in the sauce,
The cheese flows a little more freely,
and-
The kid with the crazy hair stays in the kitchen...

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank geeman2159
tonyvpizza, Owner at Chi-Town Pizza, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
WOW,
Can't wait to meet you ! you sound like a great guy...

Passing judgement on a guy you never meet because he has "crazy" hair......WELL JUST FOR YOU I WILL FIRE HI AND HIRE someone you deem fit for the job.

Also if you read my reviews you will see people actually coplain because there is too much cheese on the pizza.

just goes to show you ,,everyone can't be pleased.

OH and sorry I was not there, Next time I am away for a family funeral I Will just close my place. sorry about that.

Maybe next time you can call ahead I will be sure to wait on you personally, and make sure there are no one that appears crazy. Looking , dressed or anything else you require.

Everyone else seemed happy with their food!
Thanks so much for coming in,