“Down town Dells”

Chi-Town Pizza
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Description: CHI-TOWN PIZZA is NOW OPEN! Specializing in take-out and delivery of Authentic, Homemade, Handmade, Old World Recipes... Made fresh daily... In house. Pizza, pasta, sandwiches, salads, appetizers, desserts and pizza by the slice. Ask about our daily specials and if you don't see it on the menu... Please ask. Open late night during select hours. Located in the heart of downtown Wisconsin Dells on Broadway. Play Ms. Pac Man and other retro games while you wait for your made from scratch pizza.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We heard that they had really good Italian beef sandwiches. So we ordered two with cheese and onions and an order of fries. We had ordered the deluxe sandwich that came with an Italian sausage. They were out of sausage. We waited quite a while for our food, then when we got it, there was no cheese or onions on it, also no fries, then the girl said she would bring us the fries and never did. However the Italian beef was delicious and plenty of it. The place seemed poorly supervised.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Decided to order pizza for our last night in the dells and went by the reviews and was a good choice. Freshly made, tasty reasonably priced. We decided to do take out because delivery was a 2 hour wait. Was a lot easier and the pizza was nice and hot by doing pick up. Would recommend this for a leisure dinner in the Dells.

1  Thank Lori S
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was our second try of Chi-Town Pizza; first time we had delivery to our hotel and this time we were already downtown so we decided to try them out in person. They are on the main downtown drag, directly across from Monk's.

We arrived mid-afternoon; there was a single diner at a table otherwise no other customers. We placed an order for a deep dish pepperoni and bread sticks. The woman at the counter indicated it would be about 25 minutes for the pizza and asked if that was OK, and it was - we just asked to get the breadsticks as soon as they were ready.

Almost as soon as we sat down, three teenage girls came in and started playing the jukebox, singing loudly, and dancing in the aisle. BAREFOOT. Which is a violation of the health code. They then started mocking an elderly gentleman who was sitting on a bench right outside the front door, who was minding his own business waiting for his wife, and one of these girls went outside and sat next to this gentleman, asking him questions. She then came back in to the other two girls. mocking him and laughing at him.

The front counter worker brought the breadsticks to the table about 10 min later. We got 5 pieces for almost $8. They were good, but not $8 good.

Right after the front counter worker brought our breadsticks out, a young man from the kitchen came out with a huge platter of breadsticks for the table of three obnoxious teenage girls. We got 5 breadsticks - they got a platter?

After they ate, one of the girls went behind the ordering counter and proceeded to shake her hair all over, adjacent to where the food is prepared. I ordinarily would not mention other customers in a restaurant, but it was obvious that one or more of these girls were related in some way to the owner or another employee. So for no employee to speak up as they were running around barefoot or shaking hair around behind the front counter is unbelievable.

The pizza? It was OK. Nothing more, nothing less. We would not go back. No one stopped back to ask how our food was, and we had to go up to the front counter to ask for a to-go container for leftovers.

9  Thank mitchamtoo
tonyvpizza, Owner at Chi-Town Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

WOW Glad you did not see my guy with the crazy hair !

Ok crabby , those out of control 13 year old girls, well the old guy on the bench they were "bothering" that was their grandpa ,
They own the strip mall in which my place is located.

yes they got a "PLATTER" of breadstick...huh lets figure this out..... you ordered one order....they ordered 3.
one order = 5
3 orders = 15 thus needing a platter!!

Thoose "BARE " FEET WERE FLIP FLOPS you know how I know I was there.
I did check on you as I do all my customers

And 10 minutes for hand made hand rolled fresh breadsticks with homemade garlic butter sauce is a record
25 minutes for a Stuffed pizza ALSO A RECORD !
Thanks for making a point for me
If It was crowded (which it was in the eveving) you would have complainded but you choose to Complaine anyway...

My therapy sessions start at 6pm Hint make an appointment I will squeeze you in.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I always say, a review is on "your" experience. While traveling on business my family decided to come along since it was the Dells. My daughter did her Trip advisor due diligence for a few days in the Dells. First night was a stroll downtown up one side and down the other checking out a place to eat. We decided on Chi-Town based on reviews and also it offered open seating on a Sunday night. It is kind of a sparsely decorated place with tables and a wait counter to place your order. Both ladies working were attentive and friendly. Menu seems to be kind of on the small side. On our way in, we were able to see a few different pizzas and decided upon the 16" meat lovers. It was delivered in about 25 minutes. I found the pizza to be good but not great by any means. I'm not from Chicago and do not compare it to all the great places in Chicago. It was fresh ingredients it just lacked in flavor, with a blander sauce then I had hoped for. I will try again as its hard to really judge on 1 pizza.. Had made a request of leaving a piece with just cheese for a vegetarian in my family and was told they could only do 50/50 which is understood. Settled for a house salad.

1  Thank SIOUXFANFOREVER
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Any negative review about this restaurant is completely wrong. The owners are incredible and the food is delicious. Every time I go there, I have an amazing experience. Any complaints from other customers about having to "wait too long" are ridiculous. They are a family owned restaurant, not a franchise. So if you want quick, gross "Italian food" then I'd suggest Pizza Hut. But if you're looking for a cool atmosphere, awesome staff, and wonderful eats, it's worth the extra 5 minutes to wait. :) Tony and Sue are delightful, so give them your business!