“Views amazing from room”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Wilderness on the Lake
Ranked #23 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

We moved to a 2 BR condo from a disastrous stay at the Kalahari. Ahhhhh!!! Our room was huge and beautiful. It was clean and the view of the lake and pool was amazing! The customer service was good- not great but good. We stayed here several years ago and I was worried it had gotten worn like the Kalahari but I am happy to say everything is in good repair. It is so relaxing and peaceful after a day in the crowds and craziness of downtown. This is the place we will return. I am very picky and was well pleased!!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank travisanti

Reviewed 26 June 2013

We stayed in a two bedroom condo - four adults and one child. The lanai room is great - comfortable chairs, fireplace, view, hot tub. We spent most of our indoor time - with the exception of sleeping - in the lanai room. The waterpark on the property is small, but there are frequent shuttles to the other Wilderness water parks, so it was not an issue. There was also a pontoon boat shuttle running one of the days - if you have this option and the weather is nice, take it! Very enjoyable. The pontoon driver was great and even went slowly at first to enable the somewhat skittish two year old to adjust to the boat ride. There is so much to do, we could have used at least one more day beyond the three we had scheduled.

Room Tip: If you want a really nice view, try to get a room in the central part of the hotel. The end units h...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Very nice place to stay with family and friends. Huge room with full equieped kitchen, two bedroms, two bathrooms, living room and a big jacuzzi on the private terrace.
Usage to the other hotel's water park and transportation to/from them are very practical and convenient.

Awesome view of the lake!

Room Tip: If you plan to cook using the grills ask for a room near that area.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jorge B
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

We've been to the Dells many times as a family and gone with another family, so this time we decided to go and take the grandparents with for a relaxing time. We rented a 3-bedroom loft condo at Wilderness on the Lake. The unit was like a hotel room until you opened the door. Stairs go up to an open bedroom with 2 queens, a sofabed and tv. The main floor had 2 bedrooms (2 queen & tv) (1 king, bathroom/shower, and tv), bathroom/shower, kitchen (fridge, stove, microwave, sink, dishware, utensils), pantry, living room with sofa, chairs, tv and fireplace, and a lanai with chairs, firplace, tv, whirlpool and excellent view of Lake Delton. Housekeeping was average (we had to call to have them replenish towels) and they don't clean and make beds in the condos. You do get your own vacuum cleaner, ironing board, and washer/dryer though (came in handy after the water parks). I did have to fix a loose ceiling fan in the loft one night (i had tools) and told front desk along with telling them the air filters were very dirty and needed replacing (we have allergies). They apologized and were prompt in replacing the filters. The shuttles to the main Wilderness water parks was nice, though coming back was a wait and crowded. Overall, it was a nice trip and parking was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Chris E
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Our family went here last summer and it was amazing. We stayed for two nights and three days and the amount of activities and options included in the reasonable price was pretty substantial. My daughter loved all the options for water slides and there was something there for EVERY age group... including me and my wife.

The staff was professional and friendly and the food and bar choices were seemingly endless.

The location is also pretty convenient as it is close to many restaurants and outside activities which was nice to have available to us, however we mainly stayed on the premises.

I really liked the way the hotels and parks were all connected. The rooms were extremely clean and quiet and I can't wait to book another trip to the Wilderness!

Room Tip: We only stayed in one room but they all seemed pretty similar.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Bill K
Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

I LOVED this hotel. We stayed in 207 two bedroom condo and it was perfect! Better than I thought it would be by far. The park on site was great for my almost two year old. If I had teens who wanted thrills I wouldn't want the trek to the main hotel. Also infinity pool is great and water temp perfect. My only complaint would be the screened in balcony with whirlpool tub was so nice to drink
coffee on while looking out in lake I drank way too much coffee :)

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank gh1979
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Just got back from a 2 night stay in a 3 bedroom lake cabin. This would be our 4th stay at the Wilderness Territory, however, the first at Wilderness on the Lake. The room itself was very nice, roomy, and perfect for our group of 5 adults, two 7 year olds, a three year old and a two year old.

We stayed in room 106. At first, I was extremely disappointed that this room was located on the first floor (one floor DOWN from the main entrance!), but I was pleasantly surprised. The room still had an incredible view of the lake, PLUS it had an additional outside seating area complete with table and canopy. Apparently, only the first floor rooms have this additional space (in addition to the lanai). It was also the perfect distance to the grilling/outdoor fire area, private beach, water taxis, everything. I may ALWAYS request this room.

The rooms themselves were spacious. I was worried about the single queen room, however, it was a nicely sized room. The pillows were atrocious (very hard), but that is a matter of personal preference.

The "condo" was missing some of the amenities I am used to in other "condos." There was no compendium, which accounted for a number of calls to the front desk that could have been avoided had there just been a compendium in the room. There was also no dish washer detergent, or laundry soap in the room. Disappointing.

I must note that we did get to the hotel earlier than their stated check in time (4pm) and while our room wasn't ready, we were able to make our way to the water park area in the hotel and utilize it while we waited. Great plus!

The staff was very helpful and pleasant for the duration of our stay. Even the reservations staff were patient and understanding while I hem and hawed about the room type, views, etc while booking. There was only person we encountered that was less than stellar and that was the shuttle bus driver that seemed to get up on the wrong side of the bed that morning.

Overall, great stay and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family