Wilderness on the Lake
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$100
Ramada Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$72
Shamrock Motel Resort & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$54
Great Wolf Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
US$146
Baker's Sunset Bay Resort(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$82
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$95
Black Hawk Motel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$75
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$68
Agoda.com
Alakai Hotel and Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$73
All Star Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$64
Hotwire.com
All reviewsbedroom condofull kitchenmain resortinfinity poolseason roomseason porchhot tublake deltonwater parkmain watergreat view of lakewasher dryerfour seasonsmaster bathroompaper towelsshuttle busgreat vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 April 2009

I went to The Wilderness for a business meeting and was disappointed from the start. Check in was more complicated then it needed to be. I went to the main hotel building to check in, but they informed me that I had to go down the street to the glacier lodge to check in. When I went there I was able to check in right away, but I had to go back to the hotel where I originally was and find entrance 7. The staff was not very descriptive about where the location of entrance 7 was. The area is poorly signed. The signs do not list any number entrances on them which makes it very hard to find your room. After driving around the condo area and back I finally found my entrance.

I had a room that was adjoining and I could hear everything the people next door were talking about. Also the alarm clock and some lights were not plugged in. The mattress was lumpy. There were no vending machines or ice machines anywhere near my room. Worst of all, no hot water for my shower in the morning. I didn't really expect a cold shower. My neighbors showers were not even running at the time.

I do have to say that the conference halls were very nice. Although, they need to put some vending and soda machines in the hallways and keep the water in the halls full. The staff serving breakfast there seemed clueless. He did not know the prices or what they had to offer. He even had a problem making change.

During lunch the staff was terrible. Our waitress served us salads without any dressing. She also never asked our table if we wanted anything to drink. She came around towards the end of the meal, and at that time we asked for dressing and drinks.

For the price this place charges I would never stay here. Good thing mine was covered as a business expense.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2009

I will keep this as brief as possible - do what ever you can to stay away from the Wilderness Lodge! On a 48 hour stay - we had a pool manager tell us that "they were out of tubes (at 10 a.m.) because someone must have ruined the tubes from the night before.". I had a bar tender tell me that she was "too busy with 5 tables and we should go to another bar." I had the front desk tell me that they couldn't help me with the problems we were having at the arcade becuase "they weren't affiliated with the arcade." Upon refusing to get out of line - they reimbursed me.

The lesser problems - both of the major rides had extensive lines...not because there were too many people but becuase the rides were broken. ....and the body slides were "down for maintenance."

Upon looking to escalate the problems (on two different occasions) to managers - I was told that (a) I was not allowed to speak to a manager and (b) they were not allowed to release any managers name.

I will absolutely never spend another penny at this resort again.

2  Thank pxgallagher
Reviewed 27 March 2009

The Winderness on t he Lake is a beautiful facility, but the staff are rude, and unaccomodating. On arrival we were sent to a room that was already occupied. Luckly the family that occupied the room was at the water park. We walked right in with our programed key. When we called the desk, they were annoyned that were were bothering them. No apology, and clearly bothered that we were somehow inconviencing them, Unfortunately, that attitude wa pervasive throughout the parks. The van drivers were nice.

Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2009

We stayed 2 nights during a recent Spring Break getaway with our 4 kids. We wanted space for the 6 of us and wanted to stay somewhere with an indoor water park in the Wisconsin Dells area that offered enough to do for our kids' ages (10-16). The Wilderness has a few indoor water parks within its complex and, unlike some other Dells locations, does not allow entrance to the water parks for those not staying at the Wilderness. We chose Wilderness on the Lake for the condos and the fact that it's removed from the main complex and therefore quieter than the main hotel complex. W on the L offers a convenient shuttle service that takes you directly to the water park of your choice within the Wilderness "territory". We stayed in one of the 2 bedroom condos that was spacious enough for all of us. It was super clean and roomy. We felt it was a good value for the room and water park admission that was included. The Wilderness itself has plenty of other activities for families to do within its complex. While the outdoor water parks weren't running at this time of year, from what we saw they looked like they offered a lot for the summer months as well.

Reviewed 23 March 2009

After several poor reviews from friends and family we ended up selecting this for our vacation spot because this was the only place at the time that had an availability for a suite with two separate bedrooms and a full kitchen. We have a 2.5 year old and a 1 year old and this was a perfect vacation for all of us.
The only nightmarish part of the trip was the check-in. After asking several people whether we were in the right building for the registration, we stood for over an hour in the check-in line. Yes, it was 4PM and EVERYONE was checking in. We finally got to the counter only to find out that we were in the wrong building. Umm.. so much for the knowledgeable staff that told us we were at the right place.
We were staying at the Glacier Canyon 2 Bedroom Deluxe Suite. I was warned by several of my friends by the walking distances to the actual waterparks, so prior to booking I called twice to make sure we would have no more than a 10 minute walk. Boy was I surprised at the check-in... We were told it's more like a 15-20 minute walk and we were lucky because there were other rooms that were even further away. I was pretty infuriated, but the clerk was very helpful in trying to move us closer to the waterparks. She finally succedeed and our 2-hour check-in process was finally over.
Outside of the check-in everything was perfect. The suite was very clean (fine, a few stray hairs in the tub..), the kitchen had all the conveniences of your good old kitchen at home, the layout was great, even the sound insulation was great. Someone had to really slam the door in order for you to be bothered by the noise coming from the hallway. There was actually a benefit to staying in the more expensive part of the hotel because having two kids who still take naps it would be nearly impossible to stay in the main hotel area with people constantly walking up and down the hallways and making all sorts of noise.
The waterparks were great. Not too crowded (limited to resort guests only!), clean towels always available, plenty of water tubes available at any point.
I don't recommend leaving any necessities at home because you'll go broke. The convenience store prices were out of this world. The restaurants weren't as expensive as expected and the food was decent.
We would definitely go again.