“NIce clean and friendly resort”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Rivers Edge Resort and Motel
Ranked #38 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 25 August 2007

We stayed here for 2 nights August 8th and 9th I don't know what other reviewers are complaning about we were in the Motel room # 6 and it was great a little small but very clean and well kept although the walls could use a little sound proofing. But over all not bad it looked like a brand new place I will ad pictures later this is a place where you can take your Wife I do not know what that other reviewer is talking about, The restaurant is nice not high priced and the food is very good you don't have to leave the resort they have everything here

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1Bigblock

Reviewed 17 July 2007

This was the 2nd time we stayed at River's Edge and once again, it was a great stay! There were 16 of us (11 adults and 5 kids under 4) and we stayed in the 2bdrm Logview Apt's......#'s 1, 3, 5, and 7. It was so nice that we had an enclosed balcony that the kids (and ourselves) could walk/run back and forth to everyone's places. The Apt's have all been updated....which was great since ours had yet to be updated last year. They provide almost everything for you..........fridge, range, micro, toaster, coffee pot, silverware, pots/pans, etc....... which is wonderful! The pub and grub has great food and the service was excellent. They were very accomodating and we will definitely consider returning next year.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2007

We stayed from June 23 -30. The first night we stayed in the log motel. It was small for 4 adults, but was very clean. It's just your basic room, 2 beds,tv, bathroom. The rest of our stay we were in the log apt. poolside. It was very clean and looked newly remodled, which they did a couple years ago. It was nice to be right by the pool, just a few feet away.
The pool was kind of small, but served its purpose. The only bad thing was the bugs that flew into the pool, which sometimes were alot. The pool across the street was really nice and a little bigger. There was more space around it.
A couple nights we went to the pub right there on the premises, which was nice. The food was decent and so were the drinks. The people were very nice.
The beach on the river was actually a decent size. Not alot of people on the beach so there was always lots of room. A couple nights we had a bonfire in their pit which was big and lots of fun.
Overall this was a nice relaxing place to go, especially if you like to fish. I would go back for sure, maybe with more people and stay in one of the big log cabin houses, they were nice.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2007

I stayed at the River's Edge Resort in Wisconsin Dells, WI over the weekend and stayed in unit 27. It was clean, and large, a great place for a family vacation or any groups. I was there with an adult group but i will take my family back again and again..ample parking, and close to everything in the dells but far enough away where you feel you have privacy...if you are a person with alot of needs who likes to complain about anything whether its good or bad...stay away from this place...so i won't run into you there..you can spend $500 a night at the wilderness and yell at them...overall rivers edge is a great place and the restaurant had great food...

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2007

The cabins were nice and roomy, but the beds were small. We enjoyed downhill skiing, waterparking, and Sundara Spa and the casino. Lots to do in the area, of course.

Big question-- why is there a range but no oven in the cabins?! This was a problem for us as we had to use the microwave to reheat large portions of food for many people.

Also, as it was New Years Eve weekend, it was very, very noisy. Lots of people in the neighboring cabins stayed up shouting and playing loud music until 4 or 5 a.m. on both Friday and Sat nights. Enough of us said something to both the partiers and the management that the main offenders actually toned it down by 1 a.m. on the Eve, itself. That was nice. (I would have given 'em til 2 a.m. even, but not all night!)

I did hear that the owner apparently was not very nice to my brother, though. My brother and his wife had to move cabins because they were right next to the noisiest group at the resort. My brother told me that the person at the desk told him he would give them a refund for the first night's total lack of sleep. But when my brother tried to collect the refund from the owner on the last day of a three-day stay, the owner told him no deal. My brother said the original guy he had talked to did promise him a refund and then, when my brother showed his military I.D. and said he was telling the truth, the owner allegedly said something like, "Am I supposed to be impressed by that?" Anyway, I heard this second-hand from my brother, but I was very dismayed that he would be treated that way.

So, sadly, because of my brother's experience, I will never go back to River's Edge again.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family
1  Thank cdapoolgirl
Reviewed 15 December 2006

a friend of mine and i took advantage of lasts years deal to rent a room for two nights with boating dock privileges and a steak dinner. It was a great deal dinner was off the menu t bone i believe, fishing wasnt great too windy but stay at rivers edge was a very good deal.

Stayed: April 2006
Reviewed 16 August 2006

We stayed at River's Edge in two different cabins, # 31 which was 2 q beds in the bedroom and 2 q up in the loft with it's own bathroom and another bathroom next to the kitchen and #33 which was 3 bedrooms, each bedroom had 2 q beds and there were 2 full baths on one floor. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. The cabins had north woods flair all around, super clean and just steps from the pool which was perfect to keep an eye on the kids without having to be right there. We had to walk across the street to get to the lake, restaurant and bait shop, but that was no big deal. The cabins were well equipped with plates, utensils, BBQ grill etc. , although we didn't need to use them much because we ate at the River's Edge restaurant 3 times. It was absolutely wonderful. Nice atmosphere, good food and not pricey at all. Again, great if you have kids. Also, we fish, so it was a plus that we were able to rent a boat right there. Even our friends that met us up there, transferred from the resort where they were staying to the River's Edge once they saw how nice the place was. We stayed at 3 different resorts while we were in the dells and River's Edge was by far the best! We would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family