“Don't waste your time or money...terrible value for the dough and terrible customer service!!!!!!!!!?”

Reviewed 11 August 2013

My mom, my aunt, and I took my two kids and two other kids, thinking it would be a fun inexpensive way to spend a couple of hours. It was horrible...They told us we'd catch big game fish and all we caught were small pan fish. My mom paid $166 for 90 mins of fishing bait and four poles. Sad to say that was with a coupon! Three out of the four broke within 5 minutes! The place is run down and the people, especially the manager, are super rude. They gave us no help and refused to give us more than $40 back. Please,there r many other, much more fun places to spend the afternoon! U get almost NO value for your money at Beaver Springs! When I told the manager I was going to give him a bad review, he said "Knock yourself out!" By the way, the only bathrooms they allow customers to use r porta potties that haven't been cleaned in forever...GROSS!

8  Thank VictoriaMorr

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Well this was my first time going horseback riding it was okay. When I first arrived I honestly thought it was nasty just looking at it. But I wanted to ride a horse. The employees were very nice and the horses were well behaved. From my experience I thought the employees were very nice towards us and the animals. The ride was ok I expected something better but the highlight of the ride was riding to see an abandoned trailor with a creepy Manicon. Over all I think that if they clean up the trails and add better things to see its not that bad. Our two guy tour guides were very friendly and great helper. They made it a good first time experience.

Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

We had been driving by signs for this place for over a year and finally stopped by which was a mistake. Nobody was working the aquarium building and after several minutes of waiting and ringing the doorbell, gave up and went over to the fishing ponds. We inquired about the cost of fishing and you pay per catch and size of fish which would have amounted to a lot of money in short time without knowing it. Service was awful, grounds were unkept. Do not waste your time and money here! We should have read trip advisor before coming here.

6  Thank 6-of-us-were-there
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We entered and a young girl was having troubles with the customers ahead of us. Couldn't figure out how to use coupon for them. We should have just left. Paid 6.50 for me and daughter to fish. Told her we wouldn't keep any fish just wanted a little fun. She said ok just don't throw any back in. Fished for 25 minutes caught 11 fish. Rude jerk of a guy came down yelling that we have to buy these fish. 300.00 dollars. What??? Not going to happen. What a scam. We left after 5 minutes of arguing. Called police to describe the poor business practices and they already had another call from a lady who got robbed for over 100$ to catch a few tiny fish! This is just sad!!beware of this place you will get ripped off. Talk about hidden fees! Good vacationing folks just don't go there!!!!!!!!!

9  Thank Sleonard08
Reviewed 6 July 2013

My son and I decided to go here on our Mother/son date due to the fact that I could fish without having to get a fishing license. Huge mistake! They charged us $6.50 per person to fish while providing the fishing pole (more like a cane pole) and the bait (which was corn). Thankfully we had a buy one get one free. They did explain everything us up front so we understood that we would be charged for a fish that we caught. I told them we would be releasing and they said we would still have to pay per inch. Fine, whatever, so we went to the pond and started fishing. My son dropped his pole in and had caught a fish within 5 seconds. I didn't even get a chance to put my pole in the water! He couldn't get it off so one of the men came with pliers came to help get the hook out of the mouth of the fish. My son had decided that he really didn't like the experience and so we stopped. We paid for our fish which was $13.19 for a 12 inch fish. Crazy price for something that we didn't even want to keep. We asked if we could continue to walk around the grounds and they said it was fine. We did find the $.29/ inch pond. That was farther in the back. I think the highlight of the trip was the two geese that followed us around. They were fun! The staff was pleasant also. Both my son and I felt ripped off when we left there and he enjoys fishing. On a side note, the fish seemed very hungry and my son said he should have tossed the rest of the corn in. This place really shouldn't exist!

11  Thank PrincessSarah76