“$450 for 20 trout! Insane Rip Off!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beaver Springs Fishing Park

Grayslake, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“$450 for 20 trout! Insane Rip Off!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

Please read reviews, I sure wish I did! I took my 3 sons here today and left with 20 trout, after we filleted all them we got about 10lbs of meat, all for the price of $450! I left in tears! I guess I should have had my tape measurer and someone who worked there standing by my side to tell me what category each fish was and the cost of each fish in inches because they vary in price even if they are in the same pond. DO NOT GO HERE!!!! I am still in shock that I spent $450 for 20 fish!

Visited August 2013
13 Thank greengrays

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Don't waste your time or money...terrible value for the dough and terrible customer service!!!!!!!!!?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

My mom, my aunt, and I took my two kids and two other kids, thinking it would be a fun inexpensive way to spend a couple of hours. It was horrible...They told us we'd catch big game fish and all we caught were small pan fish. My mom paid $166 for 90 mins of fishing bait and four poles. Sad to say that was with a coupon! Three out of the four broke within 5 minutes! The place is run down and the people, especially the manager, are super rude. They gave us no help and refused to give us more than $40 back. Please,there r many other, much more fun places to spend the afternoon! U get almost NO value for your money at Beaver Springs! When I told the manager I was going to give him a bad review, he said "Knock yourself out!" By the way, the only bathrooms they allow customers to use r porta potties that haven't been cleaned in forever...GROSS!

Visited August 2013
8 Thank VictoriaMorr
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I went for the horses.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Well this was my first time going horseback riding it was okay. When I first arrived I honestly thought it was nasty just looking at it. But I wanted to ride a horse. The employees were very nice and the horses were well behaved. From my experience I thought the employees were very nice towards us and the animals. The ride was ok I expected something better but the highlight of the ride was riding to see an abandoned trailor with a creepy Manicon. Over all I think that if they clean up the trails and add better things to see its not that bad. Our two guy tour guides were very friendly and great helper. They made it a good first time experience.

Visited July 2013
Rockton, Illinois
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Terrible - Do not waste your time!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

We had been driving by signs for this place for over a year and finally stopped by which was a mistake. Nobody was working the aquarium building and after several minutes of waiting and ringing the doorbell, gave up and went over to the fishing ponds. We inquired about the cost of fishing and you pay per catch and size of fish which would have amounted to a lot of money in short time without knowing it. Service was awful, grounds were unkept. Do not waste your time and money here! We should have read trip advisor before coming here.

Visited May 2013
6 Thank 6-of-us-were-there
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“WHAT A RIP OFF!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

We entered and a young girl was having troubles with the customers ahead of us. Couldn't figure out how to use coupon for them. We should have just left. Paid 6.50 for me and daughter to fish. Told her we wouldn't keep any fish just wanted a little fun. She said ok just don't throw any back in. Fished for 25 minutes caught 11 fish. Rude jerk of a guy came down yelling that we have to buy these fish. 300.00 dollars. What??? Not going to happen. What a scam. We left after 5 minutes of arguing. Called police to describe the poor business practices and they already had another call from a lady who got robbed for over 100$ to catch a few tiny fish! This is just sad!!beware of this place you will get ripped off. Talk about hidden fees! Good vacationing folks just don't go there!!!!!!!!!

Visited July 2013