“We have enjoyed it and the staff has always been polite to us.”

Reviewed 31 December 2013

First, go to the catch and release pond! We pay about $20 for our son to fish for 2 hours... And that included bait. We brought our own poles this year. We don't want to keep our fish. Our son caught 6 fish in 2 hours. Every time we needed help, someone happily came to rescue us.... Our line got caught .. He patiently untangled it. My son caught a turtle, and they came to help. When he caught a 14 in bass, that was too much for me to unhook, they came out again.

I wouldn't go on their "pier" pontoon thing, but he did fine fishing from the concrete pier.
yes, it is old... Think of it as a rustic old farm. It was quaint... Not commercial... Which is most of the problem with these complaints. We have a good time. They were helpful 3 years ago when we went horse back riding as well. Treat them nice and they will be nice.

And the aquarium.... The fish are alive, and they have a lot of species. But, it does have an Addams family feel... Just like the House on the Rock museum..... And it is different from the rest of the Dells, but then again, the Dells is getting too commercial! This is an experience.

We have gone each of the last three years and our experiences have been consistent!!! Unlike everyone else's.

2  Thank Carol M

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We purchased a cascade 5000 fountain for $695.00. We were billed $896. We live in Illinois. they did not send a packing slip or receipt showing what was billed. Or how they came to this amount. We have called relentlessly to talk to someone. Left messages, because the boss is never in. Never have received a call back. Disputed the charge with Capital One who needs a receipt! I finally 2 months later have caught someone on the phone as I acted like an interested buyer of a fountain. Michael proceeds to tell me they don't send a receipt or packing slip unless requested. BUT they make sure to tell you, you have 10 days to return it for a full refund. How can you return it with no receipt or packing slip? They are CROOKED! Do not buy from them. As I was taking with him, he thought I was a different person who was billed $1200. I feel for that person too! Stay clear of this shady establishment! You will get a run around and be put on the phone with a poor gentleman that only speaks Spanish. Please heed this warning!

25  Thank alysiabe
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The place was not what was represented in the flyer I picked up at the Great Wolf Lodge
We should have trusted our gut reactions when driving in.
The place looked like a scene from a hoarders show. And the smell was quite overpowering.
The staff person was filthy.
We should have turned around and left.
My husband wanted to spend an hour of catch and release with his son and his friend.

The pole rental was reasonable, $6.50 per pole. Where the scam kicks in is the charging by the inch and not honoring the catch and release option which is advertised on the flyer.
The boys caught 9 fish within 20 minutes and were charged between $.29 and $.69 an inch.
We were not intending to keep the fish but were charged for cleaning and filleting them on top of paying for the "inches".
So we paid them almost $90 for 20 minutes of fishing.
The pricing policies were not clear and not clearly explained.
For those reading this and thinking about this establishment, I would suggest not going here ever!!!!
Will be calling the Dells business bureau and filing a complaint about this fishing park's false advertising.

9  Thank Viol1n
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This is straight out of a bad movie or a plotted scam. This place needs closed immediately for multiple reasons. First the price is ignorant and the rates are lies. If you keep the fish you end up paying hundreds. If you choose not to you are forced to fish in a fishless pond for $50 a person!!!

The second you pay to keep the fish that are tortured and starved all for them to make a buck off of poor innocent paying customers. These fish are sat hundreds of top of each other in "ponds" less than 10 feet across and less than 3 foot deep. They fight each other the food that is rarely offered to them. I threw in a piece of grass and they attacked each other over it. I could not believe my eyes. I am so thankful that I did not waste our money on these theifs!!

I wonder if I call PETA if they could do anything about it, help the area of ridding these guys by not spending any money with them.

Also rude and disrespectful, only caring about what money they make.

10  Thank adam b
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Please read reviews, I sure wish I did! I took my 3 sons here today and left with 20 trout, after we filleted all them we got about 10lbs of meat, all for the price of $450! I left in tears! I guess I should have had my tape measurer and someone who worked there standing by my side to tell me what category each fish was and the cost of each fish in inches because they vary in price even if they are in the same pond. DO NOT GO HERE!!!! I am still in shock that I spent $450 for 20 fish!

13  Thank greengrays