“Rip off”

Reviewed 7 June 2014

This place is not a good place to bring your family they rip u off so bad they wait until u r done they tried charging me 386$ for fish they called the cops on me and everything the cop even said this is the worst attraction for ppl coming to the dells I recommend staying away from this place it's dirty they feed there dogs the fish heads is smells like dead animals was the worst fishing experience for my 8 year old oh and they didn't even give us our free t shirts and our 3-5 fish free under certain catagory and they don't offer live bait they give u 13 Pieces of corn and that's it so please do not go here unless u have huge pockets

10  Thank Frankieb4982

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Well to start off I am an avid fisherman. I knew right off the bat this wasnt going to be a great fishing experience. We went so my girlfriend can experience the thrill of catching a trout. First off no thrill. Ponds are tiny. Second, get some rods with reels. Third, at least charge per pound or market value. 2 14" trout cost me $60. What a rip. Felt raped when i left. She didnt even have any fun. Also the guy had no idea how to dress a fish. Just saying. Nice guy and all but its sad you dont know how to gut a fish properly. Its your job. Your better off buying a license, bait, and taking your kids to the river. Do not go to this place. If you do im very sorry for your loss

12  Thank CrazyFishingFool
Reviewed 18 April 2014

There's no catch and release. You get charged per inch for the fish you catch. It adds up quick.
it can cost you $200.00 for 20 minutes fishing. I found out the hard way.

8  Thank Rich K
Reviewed 31 December 2013

First, go to the catch and release pond! We pay about $20 for our son to fish for 2 hours... And that included bait. We brought our own poles this year. We don't want to keep our fish. Our son caught 6 fish in 2 hours. Every time we needed help, someone happily came to rescue us.... Our line got caught .. He patiently untangled it. My son caught a turtle, and they came to help. When he caught a 14 in bass, that was too much for me to unhook, they came out again.

I wouldn't go on their "pier" pontoon thing, but he did fine fishing from the concrete pier.
yes, it is old... Think of it as a rustic old farm. It was quaint... Not commercial... Which is most of the problem with these complaints. We have a good time. They were helpful 3 years ago when we went horse back riding as well. Treat them nice and they will be nice.

And the aquarium.... The fish are alive, and they have a lot of species. But, it does have an Addams family feel... Just like the House on the Rock museum..... And it is different from the rest of the Dells, but then again, the Dells is getting too commercial! This is an experience.

We have gone each of the last three years and our experiences have been consistent!!! Unlike everyone else's.

2  Thank Carol M
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We purchased a cascade 5000 fountain for $695.00. We were billed $896. We live in Illinois. they did not send a packing slip or receipt showing what was billed. Or how they came to this amount. We have called relentlessly to talk to someone. Left messages, because the boss is never in. Never have received a call back. Disputed the charge with Capital One who needs a receipt! I finally 2 months later have caught someone on the phone as I acted like an interested buyer of a fountain. Michael proceeds to tell me they don't send a receipt or packing slip unless requested. BUT they make sure to tell you, you have 10 days to return it for a full refund. How can you return it with no receipt or packing slip? They are CROOKED! Do not buy from them. As I was taking with him, he thought I was a different person who was billed $1200. I feel for that person too! Stay clear of this shady establishment! You will get a run around and be put on the phone with a poor gentleman that only speaks Spanish. Please heed this warning!

25  Thank alysiabe