“Take out craziness”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We have ate at this Applebees for a number of years and have seen it going down hill but didn't know till we had this first hand experience. I called for a carry out. I drove 10 miles into town and went into the bar to pay. After I signed my bill the bar tender pressured me into putting a tip on my receipt. (FOR CARRYOUT?????) I get it but I justified this in my mind that I wanted to try the whole carry out service experience before I decided to put a big tip on my credit card!!! When I drove all the way home and opened up our food it was absolutely embarrassing. The asparagus that came on the plate was all brown like wood and burnt. The sauce was barely there and under the pile of sauce on my fish was a big pc. of dried up burnt grizzle. Like the size of a big silver dollar (like they were trying to hide it). I know that carry out is not going to be the same presentation as in house but come on!!! Now you know why I didn't want to leave a tip. I am a person that when I have a good experience I would remember to leave a tip and frequent the establishment again and again in the future. Then when I called to talk to the manager she says I'll send you a post card in the mail......... Now being a manager for retail and restaurants and now a business owner myself I have always taught and have been taught that you may want to take some time and talk to a disgruntled customer and explain to them that "In situations like this one when we have an unhappy customer our company Applebees has a program called a POST CARD and this is a way that we will comp your meal or offer to pay for your meal in the future" You can't just keep saying "I can send you a POST CARD I can send you a POST CARD". Nobody knows what the heck your talking about. (Unless of course you have ordered the Salmon dinner in the past and picked it up via Carry Out)..........

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We love the food which is ever changing in some categories. It ALWAYS tastes great. I like the fact that there are healthy choices, as well. We love the atmosphere and staff. Veterans' Day makes us LOVE Apps even more. What a tribute they express to the Veterans!

Reviewed 11 January 2014

This is our place of choice in Wisconsin Dells, the new menu items keep getting better and better. Service was good and the manager made a point to go to every table to make sure that everyone was happy. My husband's steak was not quite done the way he ordered it, the server took care of it promptly.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

hit applebes for dinner on new years day after spending time at a local waterpark. We were seated quickly and the waitress was right there to take our order. she was very attentive. The order was correct, there were no issues. everyone enjoyed their food including three kids at the table. atmosphere was good and we would visit again.

Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

We were on vacation and staying close to Applesbees so we figured let's make dinner easy. I just knew I'd regret it. I always enjoy UNO Grill but thought "hey, it's Applebees". No. It's small town Applebees which apparently means "out of touch" Applebees. What happened to the tvs to start the atmosphere off? Oh there was one I counted one that was super small, completely pointless. Our server, I wish I knew her name was nice but so slow and lazy. She didn't keep up on drinks or refils. When my husbands meal came- which was to be on a bed of rice, the rice was crispy hard. Gross! So we waited for fresh rice and our slow server. My husband attempted to speak to the manager but he seemed completely uninterested. What? Any place we have gone in the past has been more that happy to help and explain the mistake. It was after all a mistake
On their end. Not this guy. We have a baby so I left for the car with our other child- I couldn't wait for the slow server to get the check to us. The boneless wings were about the only good thing about the evening. My husband said they did take 50% off his meal. Which in the end I guess is ok but I'd rather a little more concern from the manager to be honest. I'd skip this Applebees from now on.