“Curbside to go, but YOU have to go in and pick it up!”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #128 of 191 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Cuba City, Wisconsin
“Curbside to go, but YOU have to go in and pick it up!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Having used the Curbside to Go at numerous Applebee's, We were quite confused that when we phoned in our order, they told us we had to come in and pick it up. How I wish that was the worst of it though. My wife ordered a wrap that they must have forgotten to wrap. You could not pick this up without doing everything all over on it. A complete mess! She ordered the onion rings instead of fries, and they tasted quite rancid. Indigestion all night long. (How sweet!) I went with the Cowboy burger. It was ok, except no BBQ sauce on it like it should have. I had the fries with mine, and they must have been sitting under the warming light for awhile, as there was no heat or crispness to them. We like Applebee's, but will NOT return to this one.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Dave W

Baraboo, Wisconsin
“Good Service- Awful Food”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We had Heidi for a server...She was really good...Anytime our glasses were less than half full she was there with a refill.

Our food was unbelievably sad:
My Mother-In-Law ordered a 4-Cheese Macaroni and cheese... There was NO cheese on the noodles. NONE. It was literally buttered noodles with chicken strips on top...The chicken strips were actually good...But how do you go from 4-Cheese to NO CHEESE...In WISCONSIN?

My Husband ordered a creamy chicken something... I have never seen a plate served that had been more obviously microwaved and dropped on the plate. The serving of spinich was literally square shaped- like they had heated up a pack and plopped it on the plate. The chicken was half covered in the "creamy" sauce (not enough to have some on every bite)...and the rice had about 4 mushroom pieces on top...

My meal was the best of what had been ordered... I had the 7 oz steak (good), mashed potatoes (good), and vegetables...But the vegetables were SO watery...frozen and microwaved? I'm not sure...But if I had eaten them I would have needed a spoon...They were awful.

I've waitressed before...and I felt SO sorry for our server...She was really pretty good...But she couldn't make up for the strange microwave meals we got...Seriously...everything looked like it came out of a Banquet box.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank wisco-woman
Kiel, Wisconsin
“Great Service and Value”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We ate there twice. service was top notch and the meals were excellent. Nice variety and kids menu had lots of choices.

Visited March 2014
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“Take out craziness”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We have ate at this Applebees for a number of years and have seen it going down hill but didn't know till we had this first hand experience. I called for a carry out. I drove 10 miles into town and went into the bar to pay. After I signed my bill the bar tender pressured me into putting a tip on my receipt. (FOR CARRYOUT?????) I get it but I justified this in my mind that I wanted to try the whole carry out service experience before I decided to put a big tip on my credit card!!! When I drove all the way home and opened up our food it was absolutely embarrassing. The asparagus that came on the plate was all brown like wood and burnt. The sauce was barely there and under the pile of sauce on my fish was a big pc. of dried up burnt grizzle. Like the size of a big silver dollar (like they were trying to hide it). I know that carry out is not going to be the same presentation as in house but come on!!! Now you know why I didn't want to leave a tip. I am a person that when I have a good experience I would remember to leave a tip and frequent the establishment again and again in the future. Then when I called to talk to the manager she says I'll send you a post card in the mail......... Now being a manager for retail and restaurants and now a business owner myself I have always taught and have been taught that you may want to take some time and talk to a disgruntled customer and explain to them that "In situations like this one when we have an unhappy customer our company Applebees has a program called a POST CARD and this is a way that we will comp your meal or offer to pay for your meal in the future" You can't just keep saying "I can send you a POST CARD I can send you a POST CARD". Nobody knows what the heck your talking about. (Unless of course you have ordered the Salmon dinner in the past and picked it up via Carry Out)..........

• Visited March 2014
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“LOVE IT”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We love the food which is ever changing in some categories. It ALWAYS tastes great. I like the fact that there are healthy choices, as well. We love the atmosphere and staff. Veterans' Day makes us LOVE Apps even more. What a tribute they express to the Veterans!

Visited February 2014