“Great place to stay”

Peppertree at Tamarack HOA
Ranked #35 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 25 April 2012

My 3 high school class mates had a fabulous, relaxing time. plenty of things to do. Actually we didn't have enought time to do everything on our 3 night stay. I'm sure that the summer time you can even get more use of everything they have to offer. And don't forget to do the Bigfoot Zipline Adventure, Taylor and Tubb's are the best!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Tulsagirl59

Reviewed 18 April 2012

I work at an upscale downtown Chicago hotel, so you can say I'm a hotel snob. I purchased a three night stay through Groupon as the deal was intriguing, however, I will say I was a little leary about WHY is was such a great deal for Wisconsin Dells, which is usually overrated and expensive. I have eaten my crow supper! I had a fantastic time at this gem of a resort and was so pleasantly surprised with the staff and accommodations, it made me wonder why the heck isn't this place advertised more heavily?! I'm so glad it isn't because from now on, I will make it mine and my family's Summer weekend getaway spot and avoid all the cheesy motel/hotels in the Dells!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Lysette312
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Condo was clean and well stocked and we enjoyed the activities on site. Front desk staff was not very attentive.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sassy_Kidz_Mom
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We stayed four days here after Christmas. The recreation area was more than
we expected with indoor tennis courts ,racquet ball. Pool was large and warm enough
but not very deep. Small wading pool and hot tub also in area. Could have used more tables by the pool area. The villas were very well kept with all
amenities that you would need. Villas were very spacious. We had a two bedroom two
bath. Nice to have the extra bath. Fireplace was nice after coming home from the ski hills.
Was close to all attractions at the dells and Walmart super center was about 2 minutes away.
Only issue we had was that the internet in the villas was not free. ( And very expensive)
We would definitely stay here again. Very clean and inviting.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Danny B
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Our group of family and friends stayed in 3 - 2 bedroom, 2 bath villas in July. The villas are well kept and many are also being updated this year. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Each unit we stayed in was two story, with bedrooms and full bathroom upstairs. There are 2 fireplaces in each unit for warming up after skiing on those cold winter nights. There are charcoal grills near each unit, and maintenance comes by and cleans them out early each morning.
The pool was clean and well maintained and there were plenty of chairs around the pool deck. They also have sand volleyball, tennis, shuffleboard and horseshoe courts outside near the playground areas, and an indoor pool, racquet ball court, fitness room, lounge, pool, hot tub and steam room, as well as a game room. You can buy discount tickets to local water parks and other attractions. There is also a small pond which is stocked with fish.
The units themselves were spacious and clean, but we wondered why the master only has queen bed in it, when there's obviously plenty of room for a king. The second bedroom in each had two twin beds, and the living room has a sleeper sofa. Furniture in our units was comfortable but worn.
Location is nice for the way we wanted to enjoy the Dells: just down the road from downtown. We could be anywhere within 5-10 minutes, but weren't bothered by the multitude of tourists if we didn't want to be around them. We enjoyed hiking, boating and fishing in Mirror Lake State Park, only about 10 minutes away.

Room Tip: Call about a week before arrival with requests. They're very accomodating.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Genius09
Reviewed 26 June 2011

We stayed here for a week as part of our Timeshare ownership. I don't own here and this was the first time I've ever been in the Wisconsin Dells area. I was extremely pleased with this resort and I would definitely return. I have two young children (ages 20 months & 3.5 years) and they loved it. We had a 2 bedroom unit that consisted of both an upstairs and downstairs. There was plenty of space in our unit. Upstairs both bedrooms had a TV and there was a balcony/deck with chairs coming off the Master bedroom. The upstairs bathroom had a whirlpool tub and I really liked that there were two sinks. One coming off the master bedroom and one closer to the kids room. Probably the only minor inconvenience was they had a laundromat instead of in-unit laundry. As for the resort they have both and indoor and outdoor pool and they're both heated and very clean although old. Inside there is a toddler pool and a hot tub. My kids loved the toddler pool. They also have bikes and paddleboats that you can use for free for an hour. There are a few things around the resort that need repair or upgrading and hopefully that does get done in time. The tennis courts are in poor condition but I don't play tennis so it didn't affect me. The paddle boats need some minor tweeking and repair too. We couldn't use the bikes because they didn't have anything for little ones. Inside the main building they have an indoor play area for children but the toys are old and a lot of pieces are missing. However we were never at the resort during the day so again that didn't affect us.

The resort is very conveniently located within a 2 minute drive to a Walmart Supercentre that is open 24 hrs a day but you would never know it is close by.

As for things to do in the area of the Wisconsin Dells the list is endless. I will definitely return to the area when my children are older and I hope that I will be able to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank MomTraveller12
Reviewed 21 August 2010

We had a wonderful experience. The photos online don't do this place justice. We stayed in Birch/unit 35. Very roomy, very clean. Two bedrooms were upstairs. The grounds are very well maintained. And checking in with Sand County went simple! They even included golf discounts and free passes to a small waterpark and go-karts. That was a pleasant surprise. This resort is located 5 min.s from everything you would want to do. There is a Super Walmart, just a few blocks away. There is a Duck Ride (in & out of water) which is fun for the whole family. Numerous big waterparks for the kids. A deer park that just amazed us. These deer were as tame as dogs! They walk right up to you to be fed. There is a Tommy Bartlet waterski show. Wonderful restaurants all around. The Tanger Outlet is an excellent mall only 5 min.s from this location. We will definitely return here again. It had the feeling of renting a cabin at a lake, only you are staying in a nice condo. There was also a fishing pond, well stocked, and paddle boats you could check out at no cost. Nice big pool on the grounds too. You will be very satisified here!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family