“Excellent family value”
Review of Field's Park Motel

Field's Park Motel
Ranked #9 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We wanted to take our kids to the Wilderness Territory indoor water park over their Christmas vacation. But because it was close to the holidays the resort cost was $250 per night minimum. We found Field's Park Motel for a third of the price and enjoyed the FREE water park passes and had a total blast with our kids for four days! The motel is very basic but we found it to be clean, well stocked, fresh towels brought daily. Management was extremely nice and professional. We are looking forward to our next trip to the Dells and we will definitely use this motel!

• Stayed: December 2011
5  Thank Anjcrawford
There are newer reviews for Field's Park Motel

Reviewed 4 November 2011

we stayed at this hotel on oct 28-30th the owner was very nice i called way before check in time and asked if we could get our wilderness passes and to my surprise my room was ready all i can say to the owner is a big thank you also my room was clean @ very comfertable thanks see u on our next trip to the dells

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank rayraytoy
Reviewed 22 September 2011

The room itself was actually very nice - the carpet was somewhat new, the AC worked. We really went there for the free Wilderness passes, which was worth the price of the room to us - the room was just a bonus. It was also nice and close to town.

This was an excellent value, and we didnt really have any problems other than the internet not working one night. The 'manager' (who was not one of the owners) wouldnt even let me try and fix it (I know quite a bit about this stuff). Other than that, we had no problems. The accomodations were basic and met our basic needs. I would reccomend this if you plan on going to a waterpark, as the Wilderness passes are what you would spend at any Waterpark in town.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank MarkChw
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Last year my wife and 3 kids (14, 10, and 5) stayed here for a couple nights and said it was great. I couldnt imagine that with all the big parks around you could have as much fun at a local motel. We just got home after spending the week in the dells and I was definately impressed with Field Park. Great staff and Great time. thank you Fields!!

The Kahlers

Room Tip: Ask for a deal
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Robert K
Reviewed 3 July 2011

This Motel is a very very nice motel which is why me and my family have been coming here for the past five years and running.The Motel is in a very unique location; only 2-3 blocks away from the downtown dells strip.The service is excellent and the people are very nice. In fact, when we ran out of toilet paper, my son went to get it from the check in lobby and got caught in a 20 minute conversation with the manager.The motel is very clean.the rugs are very clean, the pool is cleaned daily and has chlorine in it 24/7. The parking lot is very clean and same with the lobby and the hallways . I don't know what those other reveiwers are talking about. I Highly recommend this motel for any familys that were about to stay somewhere else for about $200-300 per night.

My tips: go on the website- they have special offers.
:bring a couple extra pillows, they only give you one per side of the bed.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank italianirish22
Reviewed 2 July 2011

While the cost of this motel was great during the off season (2 nights for $99) I wouldn't pay their $89/night regular cost. The room itself was very comfortable however we had issues with EXTREMELY loud neighbors, no hot water and the tv didn't get most of the channels it was supposed to including cartoon channels which is not exactly ideal with a 2 year old. When we asked if we could get a different room we were told that all rooms were full even tho the vacancy light was on. Also when we said something about the tv they said all the tvs weren't getting most channels however our friends tv got all the channels and when we told them that they just stuttered. Again was worth $50/night but I wouldn't pay $90/night

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2011

Nice old fashioned motel. Good location only 3 short blocks east of the main drag center. Stayed here for the free Wilderness passes. Great deal for that! Cousins spent $300/night for a STANDARD ROOM at Wilderness, while we payed $59/night here! The high price at Wilderness was due to capacity. Couldn't believe how many baseball & softball tournaments were held at the same time!

So this motel is what it is: very inexpensive, basic comforts, old design, fine place to sleep safely at night. Free wifi & coffee! Tiny clean pool, but nobody goes here to swim anyway. Anyone looking for a lux experience at this price, go on a timeshare tour somewhere else! I give it 4 TripAdvisor dots which means Very Good for a 2 star motel. Others should rate their stays based on how the place lives up to their promise.

By the way, beware the waterparks at Wilderness. Many very unsafe areas. I got skinned on one of the outdoor fast body slides. Elbows, forearms, middle of my back...all bloody after hitting the ultra-rough sandpaper bottom of the landing pool. Lifeguard just looked at me like "get out of the water, dude!" then offered me a bandaid! No reports, no supervisor, no assistance whatsoever.

I went to the supervisor's office & he had the best reaction when I asked, "Now what do I do?" He said, "Well we gave you bandaids, now you can go back swimming." I said, "In that germ infested cesspool?" His response was, "I guess you're right. You could always go play Laser Tag, or zip line, or go for a walk...there's plenty more to do here at Wilderness!" No apology, no acknowledgment that this particular slide had a dangerous landing, didn't even offer me a lollipop!

So I sat in pain watching the wave pool comedy show. Each time the waves fired up, I'd see at least 5 people come out crying & injured. Again, nobody from Wilderness gives a Wilder-rat's behind! Go at your own risk.

-SeaBass