“Very Nice”

Tamarack & Mirror Lake, a Festiva Resort
Ranked #19 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My fiancé and I stayed here through RCI and it was very nice. The condo we stayed in was a 1 bedroom and it was updated. The fireplace made the room nice and cozy, especially with the -40F windchill! The furniture was updated and clean as well. The whole place felt clean. It is very quiet here as well. I actually forgot we were attached to another unit because you can't hear them at all (talking, doors closing, cabinets etc). I am sure this place is very pretty in the summer. These units are just slightly right outside all the buzz of things to make you feel secluded. It takes you literally just 2 minutes to get to the hub-bub.

The only downfall we had here was our first unit we checked into. I checked in around 7:30 pm and went to the unit to check it out real quick before I picked up my fiancé at Wal-Mart (store is 2 minutes away which is super nice, but apparently it's normal for the lines to be incredibly long). When I opened the door it smelled TERRIBLY like cigarette smoke. I called the front desk to ask if there were any non-smoking units and she said no, only if you book through the Wyndham. So I thought great, we are out of luck. After picking up my fiancé we headed back and I had him determine if I was being over reactive or not. He agreed about the smoke smell, so we called the front desk and got security, Jeff (the front desk girls leave at 8pm). We told him about the issue and he said he would see if he could find us a new place. About 45 minutes later Jeff was at the door and had a new unit set up for us. Jeff said the place smelled so bad that he wouldn't even stay there, so I didn't feel like a jerk after all. The new unit had no smell and was great! Thank you so much, Jeff!! Jeff also said there is some machine that releases a chemical that gets rid of the smoke smell and he would make sure that got done in the other unit. Unfortunately, whoever cleaned that unit did not think about raising concern regarding the cigarette smell. Other than that, the stay was great the whole time! We would definitely go back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Very clean, quiet close to everything, would definately stay there again if i have to. the area was clean, the staff were very friendly, one thing i like you could check in any time you wanted, but you do have to check out by 11am. will defiantely recommed to friend.

Room Tip: they are all good
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jnelson22
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We were expecting the place to be so so. It was very pleasant. the condo was extermely clean. Beds all above average. Kitchen well equipped. The kids enjoyed the activities. It was nice to be able to relax while in the Dells instead of having to be constantly doing the crazy activities. Cooked breakfast in the room each day. Cant wait to go back next year.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank SBZ53217
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We attended a family reunion in August of this year and several of the families chose to stay at the Tamarack Resort and we were not disappointed. Of the families that stayed here, we were all in units right by each other which made it very convenient for all the get togethers we had. Having a unit with all the amenities we needed was a godsend. We could cook and entertain with no problems. The rates are very reasonable and we will stay here again. Even if you are not in the area for a family reunion this would be a great place to stay to enjoy all the other things there are to see and do in the Wisconsin Dells!!! Great place, great stay!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank nebraskafoxy
PattonManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Tamarack & Mirror Lake, a Festiva Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you so much for the review. We hope to see you all for future family reunions!

-The Management and Staff at Tamarack and Mirror Lake

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I was expecting less than a decent stay because of all the reviews I had read prior to leaving for our week long vacation at this resort. I had even called the week before our stay to make sure that they had their bed bug infestation resolved or that our units were not affected at all. They assured us that it was not an issue at all in our unit and that ours was updated and clean. We stayed in the community Oak and unit #4.

When we arrived with our family of 4 we were pleasantly surprised. The unit was a great size, updated and the decor was classy. It was clean and had all the essentials for our week long stay. A fully stocked kitchen so we could cook meals. They provided a clean pack and play and a highchair for our 1 year old and extra bedding for our four year old. The bed was comfortable and we slept well each night. We liked not being right in the heart of the Dells and a little off the beaten path. Perfect because it was quiet and private, backing up to a wooded area. Relaxing and wonderful for my two boys to run around in a backyard, walk to and around the lake. The highlight was the area ducks that visited us daily. We also grilled a couple nights as there is a grill right out the back of the unit.

I have two (small) complaints though. The grounds, they really need to be maintained better. So many dandelions in the grassy area it made it difficult to walk through or kick a ball which my boys loved to do. Also, when we arrived our TV did not work at all. We did call maintenance and they replaced it immediately.

Oh and I have to mention also the main check in area and building. They have a kids play room, the indoor pool, tennis courts, basketball courts, a big exercise room and an arcade room. So much fun and we spent almost an entire day there when it was raining. And they have a book filled with movies to rent.

I would definitely recommend Tamarack & Mirror Lake and would likely return.

Room Tip: Stay at or near the Oak community, these are updated 1 bedroom townhome-like suites.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Vaca_Guru80

We are happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at Tamarack and Mirror Lake and your time in the area. We are glad your children enjoyed the amenities and property, and we will certainly look at doing something about the dandelions and making the ground easier to play on.

Thank you for the review and feedback - we look forward to seeing you and your family in the future!

-The Management and Staff at Tamarack and Mirror Lake

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Good value nice place to stay clean rooms good service you ask they will help you great customer service. Special thanks to Ann the activities director for putting together the birthday surprise for my boyfriend we loved it!! We will be back real soon.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Me and a friend decided to stay an extended weekend in the Dells as a late summer relaxing get away. I was told about a Groupon deal of buy two nights get your third free here for a condo. When my friend called the number on the groupon page they said you could just come in to get the same deal and that their office closed at nine pm. Our gps stated nine o five we would reach the location. So I drove a little quicker to make it on time at they stated the office closed exactly at nine, and wouldn't stay any later. When we arrived on time they stated they don't take walk ins as told on the phone. We drove to the Dells over three hours and were left without a place to stay. I feel this is bad business and I wouldn't ever consider staying here again. Obviously whoever picks up that number on groupon's page should get their facts straight, and communicate with the front desk who was not accommodating. This isn't the way to run a business in a rough economy. Your trying to drum up business by providing deals, and doing nothing but upsetting people...counterproductive. Fail!!

Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Deerfield_travel
ClubWyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM Social Media Team at Tamarack & Mirror Lake, a Festiva Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

We are so sorry to hear about the inconvenience you encountered after driving three hours only to find there was no room available at our resort. We will be sure to clarify any deal information for guests in the future so that this does not continue to happen. We appreciate your feedback and please know this does help in continuing to provide great service to our owners and guests.