My fiancé and I stayed here through RCI and it was very nice. The condo we stayed in was a 1 bedroom and it was updated. The fireplace made the room nice and cozy, especially with the -40F windchill! The furniture was updated and clean as well. The whole place felt clean. It is very quiet here as well. I actually forgot we were attached to another unit because you can't hear them at all (talking, doors closing, cabinets etc). I am sure this place is very pretty in the summer. These units are just slightly right outside all the buzz of things to make you feel secluded. It takes you literally just 2 minutes to get to the hub-bub.
The only downfall we had here was our first unit we checked into. I checked in around 7:30 pm and went to the unit to check it out real quick before I picked up my fiancé at Wal-Mart (store is 2 minutes away which is super nice, but apparently it's normal for the lines to be incredibly long). When I opened the door it smelled TERRIBLY like cigarette smoke. I called the front desk to ask if there were any non-smoking units and she said no, only if you book through the Wyndham. So I thought great, we are out of luck. After picking up my fiancé we headed back and I had him determine if I was being over reactive or not. He agreed about the smoke smell, so we called the front desk and got security, Jeff (the front desk girls leave at 8pm). We told him about the issue and he said he would see if he could find us a new place. About 45 minutes later Jeff was at the door and had a new unit set up for us. Jeff said the place smelled so bad that he wouldn't even stay there, so I didn't feel like a jerk after all. The new unit had no smell and was great! Thank you so much, Jeff!! Jeff also said there is some machine that releases a chemical that gets rid of the smoke smell and he would make sure that got done in the other unit. Unfortunately, whoever cleaned that unit did not think about raising concern regarding the cigarette smell. Other than that, the stay was great the whole time! We would definitely go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located halfway between Chicago and Minneapolis, Wisconsin Dells is the ideal spot for your next wet and wild family adventure. With water and amusement parks and shows and attractions galore, there's plenty to love about this destination, and Mirror Lake and Tamarack Resort is just minutes from it all. Five different condo-style layouts all feature full kitchens, fireplaces and space for the whole family. Onsite amenities include indoor and outdoor pools, sports courts, a pond, game room, and fitness facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Tamarack & Mirror Lake, a Festiva Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarack & Mirror Lake, a Festiva Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Tamarack And Mirror Lake, a Festiva Resort
- Fairfield Wisconsin Dells