Tamarack & Mirror Lake, a Festiva Resort
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$145
Ramada Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$90
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$124
Indian Trail Motel(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$79
Black Hawk Motel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$86
Great Wolf Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
US$224
Twi-Lite Motel(Wisconsin Dells)
US$74
US$70
Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$134
Shamrock Motel Resort & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$92
All Star Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$81
All reviewsactivity centertennis courtsrec centerliving roompaddle boatshome depotnice gas fireplacerent moviesindoor poolice makerfull kitchensuper walmartnice condocondo unitjetted tubgame roomsgreat pool
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I don't know if we just got lucky by getting a newer condo or what but when we walked in we were AMAZED!! It was beautiful. It was clean and modern looking and more space than we needed. I was on a trip with a total of 4 girls and when we booked the hotel, we were under the impression we were going to get a 2 room suite, we had no idea that we would be getting a 2 room, 1 and 3/4 bath condo with 2 fireplaces, a living room, a walk out patio, full kitchen, dining table and a pull out couch!! It was very tastefully decorated with modern tile and faux hardwood flooring. Both bathrooms were filled with linens so we had plenty of towels for our 2 night stay. We were surprised about the no housekeeping but for 2 nights it was no big deal. The kitchen was stocked with dishes, pots and pans, silverware, pretty much anything you need to cook in a full kitchen. We loved having a big fridge and freezer, and the freezer even had an ice maker in it. The only thing that was a little rough was that we could not get the windows open and the back screen door was hard to open and close but the rest was very clean and comfortable. We were a short walk from the pond that was filled with ducks that kids can feed and you can fish and paddle boat in it too. We didn't enjoy all of the amenities while we were there but it looked like a lot of fun! It would be a great place for a family stay! Very close to the main "Dells" area. The staff was friendly and there is a linen exchange area so you can get more towels and new sheets any time that you want. The only other negative is the 10AM check out time. I asked for a late check out but was told they don't have that option because they were booked full. I would go back and bring my family back too!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Mirror Lake condos - #2!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Smg02
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We flew into Madison from New Jersey to visit family and spent the week at the Tamarack. The latest reviews are pretty tough on this place. The staff was very friendly and helpful, our unit was very clean. Yes, the towels we had were on the old rough side, and we didn't have any housekeeping at all, but we were welcome to exchange them at any time, and they did have nice pool towels. Arriving by plane and renting a car we often hit the very close Super Walmart, for food, and liquid body soap. Our unit was in the back, (Parkview) and it was extremely quiet and with a view of the birds, and woods. We had outside concrete deck with seating for 4 and it was lovely. Barbecue pits are outside the unit, and you can get quick start supplies you need at the Walmart. We cooked outside only once the last night, and wished we had done so more than once. Indoor pool was very nice, and also the outdoor pool was warm and clean. The grounds were well maintained, and while traveling as a couple, I did note it would be a nice place for families. I saw no bugs, and did notice they had evidence of a insect service. Never having been to the area, we partook of the beauty of the natural sights, but not the water parks. It was very busy on the weekend, but not too bad during the week. I travel quite often, and other than not having housekeeping, like some resorts do, I found Tamarack to be on par for a timeshare, esp. with the large grounds to walk and or bike ride. (Bikes are provided for free to use in resort.) They did provide liquid dish soap and 2 dishwasher soaps, and basically all the kitchen supplies you could use, except for condiments. You were not expected to clean up at the end of the week, just lock up and turn off AC/Heat. Units also had a gas fireplace.

Room Tip: Condo units along the back are quiet, for families you may want to be near the outside pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Janet A
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My family and I bought a 2 bedroom Groupon for this property for $300.00 for 4 nights. The condo was ok. They have little tv's, beetles bugs,stink bugs,box elder bugs,and very old towels. I called the front desk and the maintenance guy came with a vacuum cleaner to get them up. After they came 3 different times with a vacuum cleaner and that didn't work. I just stayed gone all day and came back to the room when it was time to go to sleep. The manager didn't even try to compensate me in no kind of way. She said the only thing she could do is move me to another room which might have the same problem. If I didn't have the kids with me I would have left on the first day. I will not be back!

Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank Jacquelyn C
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My family and I ended up staying here with a Groupon deal. We had the 3 nights in a one bedroom for $219 bargain. The place is well worth the bottom-dollar discount. My one sentence summary of the property: average Wisconsin Dells accommodations off the main strip, with a good service staff but dated units. They also offer discounted tickets to Kalahari and local restaurants- a nice perk.

This location is one exit north of the main Wisconsin Dells strip. I personally don't care much for the kitschy Wis Dells vibe, and all the tourist trap stuff turns me off. My kids, however, love water parks and everything Wisconsin Dells has to offer. This place was a nice middle ground for us. The staff at the front desk are so friendly- it's really pleasant to experience that Wisconsin hospitality. The proof they were genuinely nice? They remembered my kids the next day when we stopped in to buy discounted water park tickets.

Condo unit was OK. We had a fully furnished kitchen/one bedroom unit. The bedroom was decent, the sofa sleeper in the living room needs to be replaced. It was flat as a pancake and you could feel every wire in the mattress. The overall furnishings were pretty basic, but they served our purposes as a family with young kids just fine. The property is pretty cool- there's a lakefront, playground, indoor and outdoor pools, and a workout room.

Overall? I'd definitely recommend for anyone with a family if you want to get away from the Water Park scene at night. The condos are clean, well maintained, and comfortable, if a bit dated. I would certainly come and stay here again next time I am in the Dells.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Matt G
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Original review:
We have been there numerous times, but the activity center is a mess. The tennis courts are filthy and used for storage. Most of the lights don't work on one tennis court. Water leaks into one corner. The locker rooms are cold in the winter. No soap dishes in the showers? Really? There aren't enough full-sized lockers for our clothes. They put the lockers near an outside door where people can see us dressing. Since no one in management or maintenance uses the facilities, they have no idea what it is like for us. The front desk doesn't pass on information, so nothing is improved.

These aren't big money issues. The place could be much better with a better maintenance staff that is accessable to guests. We never see the manager. Shouldn't she be mixing with guests to see how things are going?

Updated review:
Credit where credit is due. Since my January review, improvements have been made. The tennis courts seem to be on a regular cleaning schedule and are clean. They finally repaired all of the lights on the main playing court which is a huge improvement. Thank you.
There are still only two full-sized lockers in the men's locker room, so if two other adults are swimming or working out, you are out of luck. The showers still lack soap dishes. One member brought a shower rack for us to use, but maintenance keeps taking it down for some reason. The outside door to the locker room remains a problem.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeff S