“A day of driving after staying here was not fun!”

Malibu Inn Wisconsin Dells
Malibu Inn Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #71 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Pros

Clean
Staff helpful about area and what there was to do
convenient to freeway

Cons

Wireless access would not work with phone or computer (they provided/verified WPA key)
Paper thin walls
Lots of teenagers talking outside until midnight
Manager kept wanting to tell me his life story
No alarm clock in room
toiletries consist of soap and well worn towels
Coffee for breakfast

Did not get to sleep until after midnight when the kids went to bed. Kids appear to be regulars, with relationship to staff.

Room Tip: Check out the newer multistory motel across the street. I wish I had, as five hours sleep was not e...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank JohnPub

Reviewed 11 March 2013

Free Chula Vista passes. Very clean and well kept room with heater, fridge, microwave, and cable. Owner is very friendly and nice offering us Turkish coffee and baklava during check-in Great location near Lake Delton and Dells attractions. Would definitely come back again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Aubrey1422
Reviewed 18 January 2013

We stayed here in Sept. for an end of summer vacation. Clean and well kept. Very nice staff and you can't beat the free Chula Vista passes! Nothing over the top but I when I go on vacation I honestly do not expect any sort of over the top hotel. After all, I'm not there to sit around in a hotel if I'm in the Dells...right! All I expect is clean and friendly service which is exactly what I received here. Just booked another day for this Sunday for an overnight stay with some free water park passes. Can't beat the price! If you are looking for a decent hotel at a cheap price, this is a good place to come.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jeff N
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I booked one room for me & my wife for two days in this hotel as we planned to visit cascade mountains & Kalahari for new year weekend. On the way few more friends joined with us as they hear that we are going to spend new year time in Wisconsin. Since it was a rush time we thought we won't get any room for them. But when we called the owner Joseph, he understand our issues & gave us a family suite with two rooms & 3 bed with reasonable price. It was a blessing to us. We were so comfortable & enjoyed our new year like anything. Since we were awake late night for both days, Joseph was so generous that he made coffee for us in late night & gave us in room. The rooms were very clean & everything was perfect. I loved this place very much. Looking forward to stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Manish A
Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

This guy appears to be nice at first but he's crazy and unstable gets extremely drunk everyday and harrasses his guests, heater broke, refrigerator broke and guy comes n your room unannounced calls it a roomcheck plays music extremely loud as he sits n his car

• Stayed: December 2012
9  Thank stacyb09
Reviewed 19 November 2012 via mobile

I drove from Fort hood tx army base to meet with my family at Wisconsin dells for a family get together all the hotels were sold out or to expensive .. I found this Motel & the owner was very friendly & nice & gave me a great military discount . The rooms we're very clean & had very great service . & gave us free tickets to other water parks .. I had a wonderful family vacation .. Thank you for everything ..

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank CARMEN M
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I have a pretty simple criteria for judging the places I stay; Is it clean, is it comfortable, is it quiet, and were there any bugs? Given my criteria, I had expected to say that this hotel did not meet all of my criteria - however, I was happily surprised to find that this hotel met all of my criteria with flying colors!

I am driving cross-country, and needed a place to rest. Upon check-in, I found the lobby to be clean and the owner of hotel quite pleasent and respectful. The room was a good size, clean, and the bed was comfortable (though a little on the hard side). The bathroom and shower were fine, with good water pressure to take a hot shower.

In the morning, I had quite an enjoyable chat with the owner over coffee and breakfast.

I was quite impressed and felt at home. If passing through in the future, this will be my first choice in a place to stay for the night.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo