“Family Fun Getaway”

Ranked #14 of 76 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
perry, ia
“Family Fun Getaway”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Reviewed many years ago and since then, have stayed here many times. My original review still stands but with a few edits. First, they continue to maintain this huge resort fairly well. Things in the rooms are clean and kept up but hallways and parking areas could use a little attention. Secondly, we had some issues this visit which staff eventually dealt with but at first they gave us a bit of a runaround. I am a very reasonable and understanding person but I will say you need to insist to talk to management if you don't feel your problem is not being properly handled. They will work with you well if you are reasonable. Finally, I feel this resort does offer a great value for the amount of entertainment and fun offered up. They continue to improve and add to the resort and I hope they continue to maintain this wonderful resort.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

This was out second trip to Glacier Canyon Lodge. We experienced wonderful service. We loved the wilderness theme in the rooms. Absolutely loved the 3 indoor water parks. We will be back and when we do it will be Glacier Canyon for us. Very handicap friendly also. Kids love this place.

Stayed September 2013
Beijing
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We had a two bedroom apartment with two bathrooms, the water park was right outside of our buidling and you could walk to nearly all the parks (although the walks can be long). The apartment had all the amenities and cooking facilities as you would expect. The stay was overall very pleasant and it is very convenient when you have kids.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I was here on business, placed here by a client. I wasn't really thrilled to be at this hotel, truth be told. I've been placed in 'waterpark' hotels before for business and they really aren't a great fit. I think if you have your family with you, it makes all the difference. That being said, this one was not as bad as I thought it would be. Still, I'd rather stay somewhere else on business.

PROS:
Very clean
Friendly staff
Easy to navigate throughout, with good signage
Good lighting for make up application
Bad lighting for reading or anything else
In room fridge (but they shut the power off when the room isn't being used and it takes about 24 hours to cool down, so it's sort of worthless for a short stay)
In room coffee maker and microwave
Small table and chairs for meals, but not good for working
Decent free wi-fi
Beautiful, wooded setting
Convenient location right off the freeway
Close to shopping, dining and more

CONS
Off season, lots of places are closed so choices are slimmer for dining, etc.
Saggy beds
Not great linens or pillows
Tiny bathroom
Noisy - can't imagine how loud it is in season with families
Plan on lots of walking to get where you want to go within the resort

Seriously, it's got to be a great place for the kids. The waterslide outdoors looked fantastic and I'm sure the other amenities are great. Just pick somewhere else if you are there on business.
I had to go offsite for all of my meals; there simply wasn't a lot of selection here during the off season. Staff was really nice. Place was extremely clean. Don't avoid it for a family trip. I'm sure it's just great for that.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back side have a lovely wooded view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We had a gift certificate, so we thought we'd go all out and get a nice two bedroom condo. Condo was nice and very spacious. We went at the end of May (on purpose) before the Dells gets super crowded. Overall, I'd say we had a nice visit, but there is one thing I had to share - what is with all of the bachelor/bachelorette parties?!?! Oh my gosh. There was a large group of men across the hall from us and we were worried they'd party all night. Quite the contrary, very nice and polite. Some of the other groups we came across, not so much. My only suggestion to Glacier Canyon is to book these groups in a similar area. We were lucky the men across the hall were polite. Otherwise, I don't think I'd be so positive about our experience.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Flora, Indiana
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

Our first time to Wisconsin Dells, and can't compare Glacier Canyon to others. However, it completely satisfied us in terms of accommodations & fun for kids! We had a 17 year-old, 16 year-old, and two 8 year-olds with us. All of them loved the water parks! I am very picky when it comes to cleanliness & I didn't experience anything that made me uncomfortable with our accommodations! On a rainy day the game rooms were a lot of fun for us. All of the staff were courteous & helpful. We WILL stay at Glacier Canyon on our next trip there!

• Stayed July 2013
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We've stayed at Glacier Canyon previously, both alone and with our grandchildren. This year we took the 4 yr. old for 2 nights and the following week took the 9 & 6 yr. old girls for 5 nights. We routinely go out for both breakfast and dinner, but have lunch in our suite. Just love the 2 bedroom suites with the 2nd bedroom containing a queen bed and a lofted bunk bed! We enjoy all of the waterparks on the property and appreciate that only registered guests can use the facilities - keeps the crowds a little smaller. My 2 older granddaughters asked to go to the Polka Dot pottery shop and had a wonderful time. They also thoroughly enjoyed the ropes course - with my husband required to go with the 6 yr. old because she was too short to go alone. Having now stayed at Glacier Canyon a number of times, we receive terrific "deals" each spring for upcoming summer stays - definitely a bonus for a return customer.

Room Tip: Enjoy rooms on a higher floor overlooking one of the water parks.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family