and 1 more site!
Glacier Canyon Lodge
Ranked #16 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 9 March 2014

This place is huge, not sure how many rooms, but biggest place I have ever stayed. The hallways and room entrances are all the same, except for the room number plate. Walked 20 minutes from lobby before I found my room with a couple wrong turns!

Room is north woods theme, large, and comfortable. NEED OUTLETS NEXT TO THE BED! TV does have open HDMI port.

This stay was off season, so not crowded. Conference stay, food at conference was pretty good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank mooring10

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit. Very nice, clean & lots of room. There was quite a walk to the wild west waterpark & the new frontier lobby but the rooms made up for that. The staff was friendly & the room was very reasonably priced. Would stay again

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank freaksniecey
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We go to the Dells every year. Typically we stay at The Great Wolf or Kalahari. We came for a wedding so we needed to stay at The Wilderness. It was a large group so I rented a condo out at the Glacier Canyon. The room was just as nice as the large condos we rent at the Great Wolf with semi-comfortable beds. Not the best ever but it didn't keep me up. Condo size is very ample. Finishes are recently updated and nice. Our dryer was malfunctioning but we made do. All said I would stay in these rooms again. The trouble for our family was the adjoining water parks/ maze of The Wilderness. Let me preface it with we have two children 3 and 5. The water parks are REALLY spread out and not kept warm in the middle of the winter. Our kids were freezing (and so we're we) and because of this wanted to spend a lot less time in the pools. They wanted to go in the hot tub. Well - they don't let children their age in the hot tub (before you think it, yes they are toilet trained and not in some sort of swim diaper and yes we were going with them and it was not the adult's only hot tub). My 5 year old just wanted to sit on the steps and be warm and the life guard was militant in saying no. Well perhaps if the pools weren't freezing the kids wouldn't be flocking to it! I saw multiple other children/ parents being denied and complaining. The guards of course could care less it's not their problem. I saw parents sneak their kids in and go to the outside portion because even there it was warmer than inside the pool.

Also, wow was it crowded. A lot more rooms = a lot more people. I just felt like the standards here are a lot less than the other parks we go to. Even if they are smaller, I would rather have a better quality experience. Who cares if there are more pools when no one wants to go in them? A lot of people use these parks as nearby winter escapes, from now on I will keep my money where the fun for our family is!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Holluvstmcgraw
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Room was very nice and cozy and rate was not that bad. I really enjoy wilderness and have stayed at many parks before. Now the negative, they charged me for kitchen stuff they claim I took with me. They claimed I took two knives and charged me $163 for this. I had to call them and fight that and they are claiming they will get in contact with me. The room was nice but 163 for knives that I never took is ridiculous. This is the first hotel I had this issue with and while I will still visit other wilderness territory locations, I wont go to this one anymore.

1  Thank Marlene A
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Stayed at Glacier Canyon for a winter getaway. We had a 3 bedroom deluxe with 4 adults and 4 children. The place was comfortable with plenty of room to stretch out. Had a full kitchen which made meals easier and cheaper. The rooms were clean but the leather furniture in the living room was worn and needs to be replaced. Bathrooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The water parks were great offering a large variety of water slides, kids areas and a lazy river. However, expect to stand in line for a long time on the bigger slides.The new lazer tag was kind of pricey but a lot of fun. I highly recommend it. The only on site restaurant where we ate was the Thirsty Buffalo. It was terrible. There's very little seating and we were told by the staff we could basically stand by the door until a table opened up. Instead of seating us we had to sprint to an open table before someone else took it. Then it took a long time after we found a table to get it cleaned from the previous diners. The food was overpriced and just ok. That was really the only negative of the weekend. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Everything is connected so you can walk anywhere and avoid the cold. If you don;t want to walk, shuttles will take you anywhere on the grounds. Overall a good experience and we look forward to going back.

3  Thank Pntber
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We've been going to the Dells in the winter for a few years. The Wilderness Resort and Glacier Canyon are always consistent in roominess and cleanliness. This year we rented a two bedroom, 1.5 bathroom unit. Plenty of room for 2 adults and 4 teenagers. The property was crowded but not unreasonable. We paid about $240 for the room, which is a good price considering the water park admission covered all of us. Parking was VERY challenging, and the towels in the room were small and thin. Those were the only less than perfect things about the stay. The resorts in the Dells are always noisy, and this one was no different. Customers need to be prepared to hear children and adults running in the hallways and in the room above.

1  Thank mschristinedwyer
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This was our 2nd annual trip to Glacier Canyon Lodge & Wilderness Resort. Had a great stay. Check-in was prompt and front desk attendant was extremely friendly. We got there a bit early for check in, so room wasn't quite ready. We were able to hang out in the waterpark and then were texted when the room was available. We stayed in 2 bedroom unit. Unit was clean & nicely appointed. Arms on the couch and chairs were showing a bit of wear. Kitchen was well-equipped, which was great as we and another family (friends of ours, staying across the hall) were able to prepare nice dinners and breakfasts. We were able to get later check-out, which was very helpful in trying to get our kids back from the waterpark in the morning and changed. Great experience. We will be back again for our 3rd annual trip next year! I should note that the rates for the 2 bedroom condo were phenomenal....under $160/night!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family