“Family oriented and good service”

and 1 more site!
Glacier Canyon Lodge
Ranked #16 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We spent 4 days at this resort with a party of 6. Therefore we chose the 3 BR rooms, which actually are two rooms connected. Probably one Room would have been enough as the living room as a queen size bed on the wall, but we still decided to go for the 3 BR option as this would give us 2 and 1/2 bathrooms.
The Wilderness Area is huge and it might have taken us 15-20 minute walk from our room to some watermarks. Probably staying at the Wilderness Hotel would have been more convenient.
The watermarks are amazing. We enjoyed a lot at Klondike Kavern, New Frontier and Lake Wilderness. Glacier Canyon has probably the most simple Waterpark but the Cosmic Drop is a must be for any teen or adult. The free fall is a brave thrilling breathtaking experience.
We had almost all our meals prepared in room thanks to the kitchen, that allowed us more flexibility with the kind of food and no need to walk a lot. Wilderness Hotel has practically the only restaurant and the rest is oread out as small fast food option, which we don´t wanted.
The other attractions are cool for the kids too like 2 karts, 3 mini golf courses and some arcades.
Checking out was easy without the need to go to the reception again. And customer service excellent as we forgot something in the room and they first contacted me to confirm if they could mail it to us, never seen that, awesome.
I guess we need to come back again next summer. Kids have lots of fun.

Room Tip: 2 BR can easily hold 6 persons. Wilderness Resort keeps you closer to the majority of the good water...

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I enjoyed my stay recently with my family at the Glacier Canyon Lodge. The resort has a number of activities that will keep the kids happy and we all enjoyed the water parks located throughout. Food at the resort was ok..about what I would expect for the location, but the nice part is if you don't want to eat at the resort there are plenty of options nearby that are good.

Service wise, I wasn't very impressed. From the moment I checked in, I didn't get the sense the staff would be to helpful. The girl at the front desk tried to pawn me off on a coworker and then when she did check me in she didn't want to take the time explaining the various waivers I was asked to sign. I was also very disappointed there wasn't daily housekeeping service despite the price we were paying for the room. Having two young kids, the room can get pretty crazy! Granted, the water park prices were included as part of those costs, but you would think that a top resort would at least give you the option to include daily housekeeping service without asking for additional money. Just something to consider.

Some of the rooms have fully kitchens, which is something I found very valuable! They have plenty of dishes, pots, pans, etc. There is also a grocery store nearby so you can stock up on food if you want to have something in the room and avoid eating out every meal.

The water parks are entertaining and there are plenty of options. From water slides, wave pools, lazy rivers, etc. It does get a bit crowded on weekend and lines can get long, but that's something you would expect in the summer. The good part is you can move around and try different water parks to get some variety.

All in all, the family had fun and if you are in the area, it's worth looking into the resort. Just be aware of some aspects that may impact your stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank txtraveler97
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This was our 4th year back at GCL. Love having the lodging on site of the waterparks. We usually get the 2 BR room which has a King bed in one BR, a queen in the other with a single bunk overhead. The family room??? has a murphy bed which is much more comfortable than a pull out and much easier to setup and breakdown. Rooms are always clean, the basic necessities are ready including dishwasher detergent and dish soap, dish towels, plates, etc so that you can eat in and save $$$ which is important for a family. I would recommend you bring your own skillet if you are like us and want to cook pancakes or french toast, etc. Much easier and quicker than using frying pan. The waterpark admission is limited to guests of the hotel which helps with overcrowding. It can still get busy and in fact, if wanting an umbrella table at the pools, get there early. Our family of 4 and in laws always enjoy staying here and will continue to use them year after year.

Room Tip: As this is a family hotel with a water park, if you can get a top floor, you will not hear as many k...
1  Thank DBQRob
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is our third time staying here, this time we had 8 people- 4 adults and 4 kids. We stayed in a 2 room deluxe with a large kitchen and dining area between the 2 rooms on the first floor overlooking the outdoor water park. There was plenty to do for all ages as we visited all the indoor and outside parks in the wilderness resort during our stay. The zipline,go karts,laser tag should be free to resort guests for the money you pay for the rooms. I have 2 suggestions for improvement by the hotel , they are- 1. Need more staff at front desk during check in,waited 45 minutes to check in-also need a service desk for guests who need new wrist bands or have other issues. 2. During my 4 day stay I saw 2 times where little kids almost got hit by cars speeding through parking lot (need more security in parking lots) saw young adults drinking and passed out in cars, I had trash thrown under my car, seemed like a lot of partying and mischief going on in parking lots. Families and kids don't need to see this. Other than the parking lot issues and understaffed front desk we had a great time and will visit here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Our family of four stayed here on a Thursday night in July just for a quick getaway. We arrived around noon Thursday with an easy check-in. Our room was not ready, so we headed to the Lost World water park. We were able to find a table pretty easily. We enjoyed the "adventure" lazy river. My children, ages 11 and 8, had fun on the mat slides and pools. I enjoyed the big slides.

We ordered pizza right to our poolside table from the Klondike Pizza place. There is a $5 coupon in your check-in packet for you to use. At least it covers a tip for the delivery person. The pizza was decent. Even though we received a text that our room was ready about 3:30, we stayed in the water park until about 530. The park was pretty full by then.

Since we were only staying one night, we didn't leave for dinner. Rather we ate at Survivors bar. It was what you expect from a Dells resort bar: burgers, hot dogs, grilled cheese. Nothing to write home about but something to recharge.

After dinner we headed to the Water Dome. We had a lot of fun in the wave pool and on the family tube rides. We've stayed at Kalahari several times and I don't think we've ever been on a ride where all 4 of us rode in the same tube. We rode the Mammoth and the Hurricane. My two girls really got a kick out of them. We had fun in the Water Dome until close at 10PM. Since the walkways back to the Glacier Canyon ran through a closed park (Klondike Cavern) we had to take a bus back to our entry at Glacier Canyon lodge. I suppose after a few days you could get the hang of the bus system or just be prepared to walk to the different parks. There are quite a few.

Our room was just a two bedroom queen overlooking the park. It was fine for sleeping. The beds were comfy, the pillows were nice and the temperature was fine. It was clean. The fridge and coffee pot both worked fine.

The next day, it was cold and stormy. Thankfully there are a bunch of indoor water parks. We went to the Water Dome and Klondike Canyon. We had fun again on the tube rides and slides. The benefit of this property is the variety of parks to visit. Whereas the Kalahari has the big indoor and outdoor, Glacier Canyon is connected to all of the Wilderness parks. There were a lot of activities too, but since we were only there for a night we only focused on the water parks.

The four of us had a fun time, and I could see us returning with a larger group and renting one of the condos with a kitchen. Our children had a blast and liked the variety of parks they could visit. The variety of activities available make it easy to stay on the property.

Room Tip: We had an even number room and it looked out over the Lost World water park.
1  Thank deadmeatAD
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Planned on surprising the kids by coming here as a detour on our way to Milwaukee. We paid Disney price for a suite so everyone could have their own beds (4 kids and my wife and I). Found that this place was on the bedbug registry. We should have left. Park staffers were not that friendly, place needs some up keep, and very expensive for extras. Like I stated, I know this isn't Disney, BUT it costs the same and should have a better product. Not saying stay away, but stay in the lesser rooms as the high end ones are not worth it.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Heathmets
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Our family of 5, 2 adults and 3 children age 10, 12 & 12, visited Glacier Canyon @ Wilderness Resort over the 4th of July holiday. The resort was sold out for the weekend. Because it was so full, parking was overly full with people parking in spots that were not designated parking spaces. We were fortunate to come at a time when there was still a couple spaces near our section of the resort, so we parked and left the car there until checkout time.

This place is HUGE! We decided to walk everywhere, however there is a very good shuttle bus system they have that will take you from one section of the resort to another. Our room was near a pickup location, and the shuttle seemed to stop pretty frequently.

For our family we had a '3 bedroom' condo. It was very spacious with 2 1/2 baths. I was expecting it to be all one big condo/room, but it was actually one 2 bedroom suite with full kitchen (with plates, glassware, utensil etc), with adjoining doors to standard room (that room was like a standard hotel room with microwave and mini fridge). This worked fine, but with my two girls in the adjoining room I had propped the doors open so they wouldn't somehow lock us parents out of their room.

As a guest, we were given waterpark wristbands that allowed us to use any and all of the indoor and outdoor waterparks. They do not allow outside visitors to use the waterparks, only guests of the resort.
We planned to 'waterpark jump' one day, and go from one to the next for most of the day. Even though it was so full, the lines weren't unreasonably long to go on the slides. However, I like to have a place to sit and have a central point for my kids to be able to easily find me in between going on the slides. Earlier in the day it was easy to get a chair at the outdoor parks, by afternoon it was impossible to find a chair outdoors. But because it was so nice outside, there were fewer people at the indoor waterparks, so they had quite a few chairs and tables to choose from.

The waterparks all seemed to be very clean, with attendants constantly walking around cleaning things up. There were a lot of lifeguards on duty for every water activity.
Even though the resort was at capacity, we did not have any problems finding tubes for the lazy rivers or any of the tube slide.

We ordered room service pizza one night. It was average tasting, and delivery was, as promised, between 30 to 40 minutes. It was handy to deliver right from the same property, but for taste I would probably order delivery from one of the local pizza restaurants next time.

There are many 'additional fee' activities to do at the resort as well. Our family did 2 of the indoor mini-golf courses, as well as bumper boats, lazer tag, and lazer maze. We were able to find a 'buy 3 get 1 free' activities package on Glacier Canyons website before arriving. So, check out their website for any discounts on the additional activities available at the Wilderness resort.

On July 4th, they put on a great fireworks show, and from our viewing point we could see 4 other local fireworks displays being shot off.

I would return with my family to the resort, but may try to stay in one of the more centrally located rooms. Our Glacier Canyon room was room 4001, it was the very furthest room on the very end of the resort.