“You get your exercise from park to park! Nice Place!”

Glacier Canyon Lodge
Ranked #15 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Rice Lake, Wisconsin
“You get your exercise from park to park! Nice Place!”
Reviewed 1 August 2010

The wilderness and glaicer canyon lodge are connected. It is quite a jog to get from park to park but it was worth it. You can get a shuttle from park to park or place to place. The shuttles from glaicer take awhile because of them only having 2 compared to the ressorts' many. The room was nice and the stay was great with the 3 indoor and 3 outdoor waterparks! Going back next year!

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed 1 August 2010

Nice rooms and plenty to do if everything goes o.k. My son was injured on a loose piece of one of the slides and could not get in the water for the majority of the trip. The lifeguard staff was unhelpful and the hotel just did not seem to care. They do not seem to do a very good job on upkeep and maintenance of water parks. We had to track down the hotel manager as they did not bother to follow up with us. Room was nice, but very dusty. Extra $75.00 dollars if you wanted them to do more than take out the garbage if you stay for less than 4 nights.

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Glacier Canyon Lodge was absolutely wonderful! I was a little disappointed because I wanted to stay at Wilderness Lake, turns out the two are connected and affiliated. The rooms were very clean, and the lodge/hotel features laser tag, zip lines, indoor and outdoor water parks and slides in addition to other activities. Your family should stay pretty busy. And there's a stable next to the lodge/hotel if you enjoy horseback riding. I would recommend your stay be at least three (3) days in order to maximize your visit at the lodge/hotel. Honestly, it was amazing!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 July 2010

I stayed on the 3rd floor of Glacier Canyon when we went to the Wilderness. We heard kids stomping above us, but that wasn't a big problem. Our room had a good view of the ponds and Lost World waterpark--me, my dad, and my brother saw a MUSKRAT by the pond. I can't judge value or service--I'm not old enough to be dealing with that (I'm a lot younger than you think.). I liked the Hurricane. One problem I encountered was when I was getting out of the lazy river at Klondike Kavern/ Bonanza Bluff; an old, white-haired, witchy-looking woman (she was probably about 65--she looked to be 69 or 70 and looked to have smoked too much) was walking up the stairs out of the water and SWORE at me--how DARE she? She said, "Jesus Christ, MOVE!!"- she said Jesus's name in vain. And I wasn't the only person she got mad at. And after she left, I yelled loudly, "Hey, don't be rude, woman!!!" I also saw her in the wave pool, but never spoke to her--I also saw her one more time at Klondike but didn't speak to her then, either. I rather liked the Wilderness not counting my experience with that dried-up woman.

• Stayed July 2010
Robinson, Illinois
Reviewed 24 July 2010

Just got back from our first trip to the Dells and we LOVED it! Glacier Canyon was great. We stayed through Wyndham and have nothing bad to say about our stay. The condo was beautiful and very roomy. Guest services was very helpful when we needed something or had a question. They even did a follow up call to make sure the things we asked for had been taken care of. The only negative thing I can say about it was to buy discount tickets at the concierge desk you had to have a credit card and I didnt have one I only took cash so that was kind of a bummer since we had planned on doing some other things but we did go downtown and bought our tickets there with cash. The waterparks were awesome and had plenty for the whole family to enjoy from ages 2-adult were able to ride the waterslides. It was a blast. The kids also enjoyed playing laser tag there. We spent extra money and went to A Night at the theme park at Mt Olympus I wouldnt waste your money on that it was a big joke and a waste of our time and money... We cant wait to go back next year...

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 July 2010

We stayed in the Glacier Canyon Lodge for two nights. We chose it for the water park access for our two year old grandson. He definitely had a great time at the Glacier Canyon water park. The room was nice, but it could have been a bit cleaner. It clearly needed more thorough dusting, but compared to the connected Wilderness Resort hotel rooms, it seemed to be the best. I would recommend it if you want easy access to the waterparks in the Wilderness Resort, especially the one connected with the Glacier Canyon Lodge.

Minnesota
Reviewed 16 July 2010

We just returned from a 4 night stay at Glacier Canyon Lodge (Wyndham side). After staying at numerous hotels/resorts in the Dells we have finally found the perfect summer destination. The rooms at the resort are fantastic. It is so nice having a full kitchen to prepare your own meals as well as a washer and dryer to do laundry. Everything was very clean upon arrival.

My biggest concern coming to this resort was the distance between water parks. It was a non issue and kind of enjoyable. They offer a shuttle service for those who don't like the walk. They also had golf carts hauling people around.

We really liked the numerous waterparks the resort offered. One would think it would be a hassle going from park to park but that is not the case. If one is super busy then you can move on to the next one. The water temperature was perfect in both the indoor and outdoor pools. I would have liked the parks to stay open a little later then they did.

We will be going back next summer. We might even give it a try this winter