“What a fun thing to do with kids!”
Review of Wizard Quest

Wizard Quest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Wizard Quest is the leader in computer interactive games played in a live setting. The setting is a 13000 square foot fantasy, themed labrynth (we call it the quadrasphere). Your quest is to free or freeze a wizard. To do this you must find answers to riddles and questions that are given to you on your "skrindle". The answers are found in the realms...Some hidden, some obvious and some not so obvious. The quadrashpere is full of secret passages, hidden entrances, a ball pit and a mirror maze.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We were only spending the morning in the Dells, so we choose the Duck tour and this as activities while we were there. I am so glad that we did. This was really a unique and fun thing to do with our son -- and we all ended up having a lot more fun than we expected.

The object of the game is to find all four wizards within 91 minutes. You can take the more difficult challenge (which simply has more things to find) or the easier challenge which is just the wizards. The price is the same, but the harder challenge has the benefit of being able to win you a discount if you are successful. We chose the easier challenge --

The search takes you through several "realms" -- be advised that there is some crawling, slides and climbing. There are stairs and ways to get around some of these things -- but truly to get the whole experience, you need to be physically able.

It's surprisingly well done. There are lights where there needs to be -- it's dark where it needs to be. We really had a nice time.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is a very good rainy day activity. Two levels, one you just find the hidden wizard, my grandson six liked that level, probably would do this level with kids to 11. The second more difficult level you really need to work together as a team, and more is better! Plan 2 hours for Level 2

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Wizard Quest was a really fun trip for my family. I went with my grandparents (in their 60s) and parents (40s) and I'm 17. It was a lot of fun for all of us, and even though we lost :( it was still a good time! We shared a lot of laughs, and that is the important part of anything you do while on a vacation :)

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was the second time visiting this attraction in the Dells. It was a must do item for my 11 yr old who doesn't remember the last time and hears brother's and sister rant and rave about the place. The last time was probably 8 yrs ago so my kids were young and loved it as you run around in and out of areas and mazes etc to find answers to clues, get points, and free wizards. This time I had an 11, 15, 19, 21, 22 yr olds along with my husband and I. We broke up into teams of two this time and found we should have stayed together because it was too difficult. But, here's the deal. It was too difficult because we did not get good instruction. And, mind you....this is coming from our family who has visited this site once before and also a Magiquest in Myrtle Beach, so you would think we know what we are doing. We did know....we just needed a good refresher. They ramble a bit about solving clues, finding things, entering info on computer, and extra bonus type clues and send you off. I believe you have 90 minutes to figure out clues, put answers in computer and if you earn enough points you can free wizards. Sounds easy enough but it's not. It is very confusing without good instruction. I realize they are busy and pushing as many people through as possible but without good instruction it can take you an hour just to get the hang of what you should be doing. By then, your time is almost up and you're frustrated. Everyone in our party was frustrated and had few or no answers to clues after an hour. Once my husband and I got the hang of it we filled everyone in and as a group we went running around, solving clues and had a blast....too bad we only had 30 minutes by then. As we shared answers, every one in our group was able to free one wizard. My 11 yr old was almost in tears when an hour had passed and he had no answers. My advice, if you have very little ones do the easy quest. If 10 and above do the harder quest, but do not let your time start until you feel totally comfortable with what you are suppose to do. I know everyone sees the place and is excited to get going....but you will have a much better time if you know what you are looking for and doing. We love these quests. I gave it 4 stars this time because of the poor instruction. I will say the workers were more than happy to help you find clues when you ask or they see you frustrated....but I found that annoying as I don't want to be given the answer or an easy out!! I want to find it myself! This is a quest! The reason they have to help and give the answers or lots of help on where to look is cuz they don't give the good instruction first! But, I know we will or would come back as it is a blast....and we are becoming pros now! lol Do yourself a favor....go here....but do NOT start your quest until you feel like you totally know what you are doing. Keep asking questions. Tell them to give you an example etc. Then you will love it!

2  Thank mooper
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We just came back from the Dells and our 4 year old and our 5.5 year old loved it. To those that say younger kids are a distraction, don't listen. They have 2 levels of play, one for younger children that is just trying to find the wizards. It took us over an hour to find all 4 and throughout it all our two kids revelled in the secret passages and nooks and crankies. As an aside, our kids loved the fact you can get wood swords in the gift shop for a couple of bucks a piece with a scabbard. They have been playing knights ever since.