“Great Massage”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Sundara Spa
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I went with girlfriends and we had a great time. Got a 50 minute massage with a fifteen minute add on of a head and scalp massage with oil. It was fantastic but pricey. However we were able to use the pool, hot tub, and tranquility garden. Was a nice treat. Plan to spend some time there.

All reviews
"body scrub"
in 5 reviews
"meditation room"
in 3 reviews
"the heated outdoor pool"
"automatic gratuity"
"healing"
"mom"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We've been to Sundara many times and always enjoy our stay. Honeymoon was our first trip to Sundara and it was fantastic! Unbelievably relaxing and everyone that works on the property is so kind. We try to make it back to Sundara at least once a year. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Sundara was clean and I enjoyed the food, what I did not enjoy was the overly enforced silence code and lack of space. My mom and I stayed here for 2 nights. Both days we couldn't get chairs outside because people who came for the day had taken them, even when we went down by 8-9am. If you are staying somewhere for the weekend, there should be enough chairs to enjoy the outdoor amenities. & when you address the issue with a manager, at least pretend to care.
On the way out, we locked our bags (with our keys of course) in our car so we went to the front desk to ask someone to call for road-side. Because the hotel does not have internet (& no cell phones allowed), the front desk apparently did not have the ability to look up the non-emergency police dept number, nor would the employees check their phones, nor did they have a phone book. When we requested a manager, who we could see from the front desk sitting in her office, she told the staff to "ask someone else".
The pool was luxurious, clean, and spacious. As were the spa facilities and spa staff. Most of the staff were wonderful but they acted as if they were being watched at all times. I feel bad for what happens to them if they speak out of script.
Overall, the Sundara Spa is nice for the area but I would recommend only going for a day trip unless it were an off season and you aren't with anyone you want to have conversation with.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I recently spent the day at Sundara with a girlfriend to celebrate a birthday and was disappointed by the service. Upon arrival in the morning we were asked by the locker room attendant if we would be willing to share a locker since they were going to be busy later that afternoon and didn’t know if they had ample space. The locker room at Sundara is more like the space of a large closet that offers no privacy for changing and very close quarters forcing you to bump elbows with other guests as it is when trying to change for services. It is not my problem that large groups were booked that could not be accommodated and as a guest of the spa I should not have even been aware that this was an issue. I felt offended that we were asked to down grade our level of service at the expense of other guests. When we went outside to sit by the pool we were confronted by a pool chair sergeant who informed us that we were only allowed to sit at a chair for 30 minutes at a time and if we left our belongings on a chair they would be removed. I can understand if there was a line waiting for chairs to open up but it was early morning and only four or five chairs were taken and she was walking around removing guests belongings from the chairs. If I am a paying guest at the spa and want to spend the entire day planted in a chair by the pool this should be my choice. Again if the spa has issues with lack of chairs for guests this is a problem that I should not be brought to my attention. A professional spa should make every guest feel that everything is taken care of without making guests feel that they need to be involved with solutions to service issues.

1  Thank Stacy157