“worst place I've ever eaten”
Review of Alabama's Dixieland Bbq & Suds - CLOSED

Alabama's Dixieland Bbq & Suds
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“worst place I've ever eaten”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

First off let me say that was the first and last time I will go to Alabama's Dixieland bar-bq their food was horrid and their staff, terrible. We started the after noon with a couple of lemonades and a diet coke.That was the worst lemonade I've ever had in my life. It was lazily made and tasted like they squeezed those little lemon bottles into water, what a recipe that was. My cousin even complained that the diet coke tasted funny. And now the worst of all the food, my mother ordered a pulled pork sandwich with steak fries, my sister got the half a rack of ribs, I got the same thing, or should have,they charged me for something I did order And when I complained about it they said it was my fault! No this time I will not take the blame it was her fault the asian/non-English speaking waitress that we were unfortunate to have, and the funniest thing was they still charged me for the full rack of ribs. Any way my cousin ordered the cheeseburger, and for being a "southern style resteraunt " I thought they couldn't mess up a cheeseburger, but they did! It didn't even taste like a cheese burger or anything even remotely close to a burger. I will not come back, nor do I recommend coming here, ever! Let this bad service be a lesson to them meaning, putting them out of business.

2 Thank Benjamin K

Baraboo, Wisconsin
“Would be Terrible if not for Waitstaff”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I wanted to go out for ribs for our anniversary. Our first choice of restaurant had no spaces left in the parking lot. Our second choice had a 20 minute wait. So we ventured further into the Dells and saw a sign for this restaurant. We figured we'd give it a try. First mistake.

We went up to the gentleman at the front and asked to be seated. He was the owner, but instead of seating us, he called a young waiter up from the back to seat us and proceeded to tell him to be more alert. The young man was friendly and got us settled. Strike 1, if you are at the front, you seat the guest. We shouldn't have had to wait.

Our waitress was also very nice, although we witnessed the owner's wife tell her to check id's on everyone, right in front of us. Strike 2 - do not "coach" your employees in front of your guests.

We had to wait for our food - a little too long based on the fact that there were very few people in the restaurant (another clue of our mistake). When we finally got our dinners, my steak wasn't served with a steak knife. Good thing it was tender enough to cut with a butter knife. Not tender in a good way - it was dry and tasteless. My corn on the cob and fries were adequate. My husband ordered the ribs, Wilbur beans and fries. The ribs were cold and way over cooked (charred) and very very dry. The "Wilbur" beans were Busch's out of the can. Our server forgot to bring the BBQ sauce so we had to ask for that, it didn't help the condition of the ribs.

Our hats off to the waitstaff - for young college aged kids coming to the US from East Europe, they did very well with the language and service. Thumbs down to the owners for their management practices and food quality.

Don't bother to go there.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank KJ918
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
“Training staff with actual customers?”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Just as we were seated, the manager said "don't seat any more" . Looking around we saw many empty tables. Hmm, out of food or out of staff? Waited 20 min to watch staff running frantic, hovering over already served tables, ignoring new tables, doubling back on their missions. Very lost. We gave up and went elsewhere.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Ladylobo01
“Really Good Ribs”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Went for lunch the week of 4th of July. Adults had ribs, kids had sloppy Joe and corn dogs. Ribs were great--fall off the bone. Big portions--I couldn't finish. Overall good experience.

Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent food and service!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Food was great! I have a family of 5. We ordered the "Hog Trough". Everyone ate until full and we had plenty of leftovers! Will definitely go again:)

• Visited July 2014