“First and last visit”
Review of High Rock Cafe

High Rock Cafe
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Modern American cuisine with a sense of adventure, High Rock stands out with bold flavors and fresh ingredients. Serving lunch and dinner you can enjoy this local's favorite restaurant, located in the heart of downtown Wisconsin Dells. High Rock Cafe offers casual dining in a contemporary atmosphere. Unique salads, wraps, sandwiches, delicious crab cakes, pastas, steaks, and so much more. Great local micro-brews and wine list, and new specialty craft cocktails. Open daily at 11 am. Visit us during your next vacation or conference!
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Based on the reviews, I was excited to try this establishment. We visit the Dells twice a year and thought this might be a nice upscale choice to add variety to our favorites. My husband I and our two sons (7 and 11) visited in late December. I ordered the Bacon Bloody Mary. Unforunately, it was not good. We ordered the Ahi appetizer. I find it hard to believe it was actual Ahi. To add insult to injury, it was tough, old (very fishy smelling), and overcooked. We told our server, but nothing was done. My husband had the crab cakes and said they were okay, but heavily seasoned. My older son had the cubano and thought it was okay. I had the adult mac and cheese and it was just okay. I believe it was around $10. Refills are not free. Our total bill was $91. I was completely underwhelmed and will not return. I do not understand the rave reviews.

4  Thank MChef
There are newer reviews for High Rock Cafe

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere friendly staff and good service. The all American meatloaf and soups are excellent. The prime rib and short ribs were ok.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I came across High Rock while looking for new restaurants to visit in the Dells, and saw how highly rated it was. The place did not disappoint. I had never seen a 9 year old devour a 15 oz. prime rib quite like that before and my other son also loved the pasta he had.

However, the dessert we had was what made us determine we had to return at some point later during our trip. They made a hom-made kit-kat bar with a chocolate peanut butter ganache that has my mouth watering just thinking about it again.

We went back 2 days later for lunch and had another great meal. My Monte Cristo sandwich was excellent and both of my kids had the kit kat bars again. We will definitely return to High Rock during our next trip back to the Dells

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

I was staying at the Kalahari for a conference and looking for some less-touristy options and found the High Rock. Prices were reasonable, $18-25 a plate, and the food was delicious. Each member of my party ordered something different, and we were each pleased. Ingredients were fresh and the menu had good variety. Service was efficient, and we had a nice time. If you're looking for beer choices, you'll be better off finding a bar after dinner, but there were enough options to keep us happy.

1  Thank Rgrace33
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We picked this restaurant because of the great reviews we had read on other sites as well. Boy were they right! We had a great dinner. Very delicious. The weight was a little long but it's the dells that's to be expected. If you don't want fast food expect to wait anywhere you go. The staff was great. The bartenders kept us full and checked in often. The manager even stopped to offer us wine when he heard it was our honeymoon. They were just friendly and it was such a great experience. We will be going back for sure on our next trip to the dells!