“great food and view of main street”
Review of High Rock Cafe

High Rock Cafe
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Modern American cuisine with a sense of adventure, High Rock stands out with bold flavors and fresh ingredients. Serving lunch and dinner you can enjoy this local's favorite restaurant, located in the heart of downtown Wisconsin Dells. High Rock Cafe offers casual dining in a contemporary atmosphere. Unique salads, wraps, sandwiches, delicious crab cakes, pastas, steaks, and so much more. Great local micro-brews and wine list, and new specialty craft cocktails. Open daily at 11 am. Visit us during your next vacation or conference!
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Really liked this place. Make sure you ask for a place by the window. You get a great view of the Dells main street. Food is good. They have a great wine selection. Food was fresh and the price was good. Would definitely go there again.

1  Thank ddecker92
There are newer reviews for High Rock Cafe

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Came here on a Saturday night during the summer, they don't take reservations so we totally anticipated a long wait. We put our name on the list and were told that it would be a 35 min wait. No problem we were prepared. We took two seats at the bar and perused the cocktail menu. There were so many interesting choices I didn't know where to start. The bartender came over for our order so I asked for a recommendation. Instead he said, "What flavors do you like ? I will make a drink for you." The husband said he like bourbon and maple. I just said vodka. The bartender brought us custom made drinks. Delicious! The husband's was like a maple old fashioned. Mine tasted like a orange creamsicle with vodka.

As we were waiting for our drinks, our table was called! The wait....5 minutes! We were escorted upstairs and were treated to the most wonderful table. Situated in a glass corner we had a spectacular view of all the goings on down the Broadway drag.

Emily, our waitress, was cheerful and efficient! We were told the specials (along with the prices, which I really appreciate, so there aren't any surprises) trout and prime rib. They both sounded great so we ordered one of each. Both were good but I preferred the prime rib. For dessert we split the homemade Kit Kat.. This was unbelievable! Wafers and chocolate and ice cream too! I need to have this again!

The High Rock Cafe is a great option if you don't want the typical boardwalk, high calorie, fast food that is Dell food.

1  Thank Hpmicks
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My family and I asked a "local" from our hotel what is the best place to eat in the Dells and she mentioned the High Rock Café. I had noticed this restaurant a few days earlier when driving by and liked the looks from the outside. This restaurant did not disappoint. The service was great and the food wonderful. We had the Gilly Goat for an appetizer and pasta dishes for dinner. It was fantastic and I would highly recommend!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We enjoyed dinner here on July 4. We were a party of 4 adults and 1 toddler. Everything everyone ordered was delish, and so were the drinks. Very neat atmosphere. We will be back!

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our food and the restaurant was decorated cool.The prices were high and we left a little hungry.

1  Thank clubbeach