“Worst 8 dollars I ever spent...”

Museum of Historic Torture Devices
More attraction details
Owner description: The Museum of Historic Torture Devices provides a look into the darkest chapters in human history. View several torture devices and descriptions of the barbaric ways they were used. Admission also includes access to the special exhibit: John Wayne Gacy- "Torture King of Chicago". The Museum of Historic Torture Devices is located in Downtown Wisconsin Dells. Open daily mid-June through Labor Day and weekends only in Spring & Fall.
Reviewed 2 July 2013

It wasn't worth out money. The grip machine didnt go past 13 and overall I spent like maybe 10 minutes and that's bc
I read everything. If you just want to see. Don't go...

1  Thank MichaelMSG
There are newer reviews for Museum of Historic Torture Devices

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Me and my girlfriend went there last summer and it was fun and entertaining. You pretty much just walk through and look at some crazy old torture devices and look at caricatures of the devices or torture styles. The one that stuck out in my mind that I will never forget was the torture by elephant. If the person was still alive after being dragged behind an elephant through town, they would force the elephant to crush the person's head with it's foot. Just the drawing depicting this was cringeworthy. If you're into things that are the usual, this is a pretty cool little stop.

2  Thank Mike P
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I wanted to keep my girls busy while i waited for my friend to come back but they were out of there in 5 minutes. what a waste of money.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Its a smaller attraction, but we found it very interesting. This might not be for some people, there are plaques that describe the devices, some of which are very gruesome. We decided to check it out because it was a buy one get one free on the Dells Splash Card. The owner was very nice and was impressed that my son actually read the plaques and was interested. I also found it very interesting how many devices were made just for women, and to keep them in their place so to speak. ( I would have been in a lot of trouble back then) The Gacy display interesting simply because I work in that field.

1  Thank Gerbes
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Interesting little place. No more expensive than anything else geared toward tourist. This is not a place for children but I bet teens would love it. I am okay that I did it once. There were some really interesting facts and items on display. I learned quite a bit. It would have been nice to have a guided tour if you wanted. This is a nice collection and it really gives you a different view of history.

2  Thank KimberlyLange