“Never stay here (that bad) drity bugs” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chippewa Hotel & Suites

Chippewa Hotel & Suites
Ranked #72 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“Never stay here (that bad) drity bugs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

Filthy room(roachbait in night stand) and botched reservation became my problem.
It was so bad I choose to lose 150.00 and stay somewhere else.
Please take advice and stay elsewhere, this is rock bottom.

3 Thank bert m
just_a_traveler3000, General Manager at Chippewa Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Dear Bert M, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

This was the worst place I have ever seen. When checking in there were 5 people in front of us complaining about their rooms. We had already seen a friends room and it was awful, the entire hotel was dirty and no hot water. We asked to cancel the reservation since we did not even step foot in our room they refused. We informed them if we find the room unsanitary we will not be staying or paying $120.00 for the room. Our room was just painted and reeked of paint and musty. The air conditioning did not work, holes in the walls, and dirty floor. We went right back to the office and requested to cancel. They refused, we left and called our bank to cancel the transaction. In addition the pool was out of order and the hot tub had plywood over it. Four different people did not have towels and had requested them the night before. The staff were not friendly and acted like they could call less. The main person at the desk claimed the health department was there three days ago and everything was good, I highly doubt that. By far worst motel ever!

Room Tip: AVOID! Go across the street to Amber's Hideaway It is very clean and great beds!
2 Thank Noelle26
Dear Noelle26, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Travellers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Windsor, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

That’s the only way I can sum up this hotel—gross. I wound up staying here since my hotel of choice next door had no vacancy. The “huge indoor pool” sign drew me in. I was told at check in that the rooms in the interior building cost ten dollars more because they were recently renovated. I dread to think of the condition of the exterior building rooms was.

Arriving at my room, the door wasn’t quite shut. I walked in to an odd odor. I could see that it had been painted recently—much of the paint had splattered on the floor and dried in the carpet. Speaking of carpet, I found a tag off of one of the previous tenant’s clothing, and a plastic clip off of something or other. There was an elastic band on the TV stand, and a small bag of Dells souvenir rocks on a lower shelf. The beds were hard and stiff. One had a bar running down the middle that was painful to lie on. Pulling back the top sheet of one, I saw some grains of what looked like hair glitter underneath. The TV remote didn’t work. The air conditioner had two settings: low, which was a loud hum which didn’t move any hair, and high, which was much louder but at least kept the room cool. The toilet paper roll was broken, and the roll was sitting on the back of the toilet. The towels provided were two face cloths, and two hand towels, which I guess are supposed to dry you enough after a bath or shower. I decided against a bath, seeing the mold on the bottom of the shower curtain. But I had to shower, after the pools—more on that later. As for the shower, the options were cold with weak spray, or scalding with strong spray. No alarm clock in the room, but there was a microwave to provide the time. The microwave and refrigerator were the two acceptable parts of the room.

The indoor pool was indeed large. Nine feet deep. But the water level was below the filter intake, and probably had been for some time. The water was green, the bottom of the pool was slimy—I gave up on the pool after I felt something floating near my feet, which was revealed when it floated to the surface as a big clump of hair. There was an out of order empty hot tub with a board over it. There was an empty beer can and some abandoned towels and slippers around the deck. The deck floor was slippery, and there was a party sitting nearby, drinking from glass beer bottles. The outdoor pool wasn’t much better—there were beer cans lying on the deck, and a squashed roll of toilet paper and abandoned socks. The outdoor lighting never turned on, and we were dodging bats as we got out of the pool. The empty beer can décor extended to the parking lot. There was a lot of noise around, and this seems to be a party hotel.

There was a vintage video game room, with five machines. The first game I tried, I lost my quarter. The second machine had a fried screen, and broken controllers. The hotel has the unique distinction of being the only one I’ve ever seen with a coin-op ice machine. The breakfast room is down a steep flight of stairs, and the selection of food and the seating available are far too small for the number of guests—after waiting a half hour, I gave up. I would have wrote this review from the hotel, but the wireless internet never worked.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank umgabri2
Dear umgabri2, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

Please guys I beg of you! Do NOT go this motel! It was absolutely horrifying! As we go there to check in, the guy didn't know what he was doing, couldn't even speak english well. Took us about 45 minutes to check in. Finally, exhausted, we go to our room. As we open the door, ewwwww!!! Dirty as a garbage dump. Smells disgusting, air conditioning broken, bugs flying all over the place, bathroom was as dirty as a porta potty. Disgusted, we wanted to take a look at the indoor pool. Air felt so musty, smelled bad, and pool was not clean, and the hot tub had plywood and was not working. Okay, so now it was time for us to go to bed. Comforters reeked. Worst part!! BEDBUGSS!!!! I actually saw a few. Omg. Did not sleep all night! The pictures that are online are fake and do not match the rooms in any way possible. Do NOT I repeat, do NOT go here at all. Just absolutely disgusting, horrifying, was a nightmare!!!!!

5 Thank Niceme1
Dear Niceme1, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

I could go on for an hour on all of things wrong with this motel and manager. THE worst motel I have EVER seen.
Here's what we experienced:
1) No electricity
4) No hot water
5) Major mold concern. Room was damp and smelled like the bottom of a mop. I've experienced what rugs smell like if they've been flooded and this was very similar.
6) We absolutely needed adjoining rooms which were confirmed and guaranteed to us. In actuality, our rooms were as far apart as they could be.

When confronted by these issues, the manager (who is never there) treated us rudely and said he is booked every night and he didn't need us to come back. He refused to give any refunds even though we didn't' stay there.

Just a horrible motel that should be shut down.

Room Tip: No rooms are good here. Don't stay here.
3 Thank D G
Dear D G, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

Don't be fooled ... Be aware rooms are not what shown in picture. very stinky and dirty room has BED BUGS. I am surprise how health and safety department did not shut them.. there is lot of options in the are please spend few extra dollars and go elsewhere you trip will not ruin and will thank me later.

Room Tip: Go to a different Motel
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Dan B
Dear Dan B, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Rockford, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

We stayed here the weekend of June 22-24, 2012. We pulled in and the place was being remodeled. Check in took over 1/2 hour because the poor guy in front of us had gone to check into his room to find out it was actually being remodeled and the person at the front desk didn't seem to know what to do with him. That weekend was a busy weekend and there were really no other vacancies around. The poor guy was distraught. We got to OUR room and it was gross. It smelled musty. The carpet were dirty. There was a slice of raw bacon on one of the qulits on the bed. The toilet seat was broken. The sink was leaking water all over the cabinet. The beds were hard as a rock and completely uncomfortable. The refrigerator did not keep anything cold, barely a little cool. The indoor pool was like a very warm bath and the air was so hot inside. It was not refreshing at all. The jacuzzi was out of service. The ice machines and soda machines were not working. Oh, and they want to charge you for using the ice machines that are working. The staff were not friendly and were even rude when assistance was requested. When we attempted to take a shower, we had taken our shoes off on the carpet area. By the time I made it to the shower the bottom of my feet was BLACK from disgusting grossness and you could see dirt run off the bottom of my feet in the shower. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone. Oh, and the free wifi never worked either. Not even a little bit. And we were on the lower level, indoors, right near the office area where reception should have been pretty good.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend any,
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jen S
Dear Jen S, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.