“Nice and relaxing”
Review of Lost Canyon Tours

Lost Canyon Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: This is a Horse Drawn Carriage ride through a scenic canyon. Drivers entertain guest with history facts and the lore of the canyon while charming you with their personality and wit. These tours are not scripted and are much more personal and interactive than other similar tours in the ares. The Beauty of the Draft Horses that pull the carriages is only topped by the Majesty of the Canyon itself! This is one of the original attractions that made Wisconsin Dells a major attraction and is still a must see today!
Newton, Iowa
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Nice and relaxing”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My husband and I came here on Thursday, June 12, during our one day in the Dells. We are NOT into waterparks, mini golf or any of the other tourist trap stuff. This tour gave us a glimpse into the Dells history and how the rock formations have changed over time, due to sunlight and erosion. Our guide, Nate, was very funny, and even gave us some history on the Persheron horses! However, and the reason that I can't give this attraction a 5-star, is because at one point in the tour, we are stopped, and the guide hands out a packet of souvenirs and proceeds to tell us about "how they rely on tips, etc." and that each item in the packet is a certain price - not the entire packet, but EACH item!!!! I do not like being pressured like that or being made to feel guilty for not purchasing the entire packet! On the flipside, though, if one wants to purchase something with "Lost Canyon" on it, this is about the only option you have, unless you want to buy over-priced stuff in the gift shop! Another suggestion that I would make is...have more frequent stops so that guests can take advantage of the beautiful photo opps around them! Other than that...I would HIGHLY recommend this tour for anyone wanting to relax and who enjoy nature along with history!

1 Thank TLaehn2011

Anderson, Indiana
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Cool views without the hike.”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I would have liked to do more hiking around the Dells, but my knee was injured. This tour gave us a good look through some deep canyons without too much walking. My daughter liked the horses. The driver was funny. Much cheaper than the ducks.

Visited June 2014
“Great fun with a bit of history.”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Tour was great. A nice long ride through a beautiful piece of Wisconsin History. The price was right. Driver Josh was very knowledgeable, willing to answer questions and had jokes to boot.
Would recommend this to ANYONE looking for an inexpensive tour of the glacier formed rocks in Wisconsin Dells.

Fallbrook, California, United States
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Lost Canyon”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Ticket/Counter lady was rude and short. Our tour guide was educational and funny! Beautiful horse carriage ride in the canyon!

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Never opened”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The website said that the Lost Canyon Tours would be open during our trip, however, when we visited they had a small hand written sign saying that they were closed. This happened for 2 days, then on day 3 and day 4 they decided to do construction. They never updated their website on any of this so people were just supposed to know. My wife and I saw many people stopping in when we did, no one ever knew a thing. I would not recommend this to anyone.

Visited May 2014