“Fun for people of all ages”
Review of Lost Canyon Tours

Lost Canyon Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: This is a Horse Drawn Carriage ride through a scenic canyon. Drivers entertain guest with history facts and the lore of the canyon while charming you with their personality and wit. These tours are not scripted and are much more personal and interactive than other similar tours in the ares. The Beauty of the Draft Horses that pull the carriages is only topped by the Majesty of the Canyon itself! This is one of the original attractions that made Wisconsin Dells a major attraction and is still a must see today!
Reviewed 28 July 2014

If you want to get away from all the hustle and bustle of downtown Dells, then this is it. A nice 30 min. horse drawn wagon ride thru the canyon in the Dells. Temps are a bit cooler since you are some 50 feet below ground level. Nate was our guide and was a hoot. The only disappointment was that some drunk at the Wilderness decided to scale the fence and ignore the No Tresspassing signs. 100 feet from the end of our tour we had to walk because all the people and lights spooked the horses. As we walked by, the drunken idiot on the ground just waved and said "I fell" as we walked buy. There were some little kids with us on the wagon and the parents had to shield their eyes so they didn't see all the blood from the drunks broken and bloody ankle.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,025)

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We were not planning on doing this tour but someone suggested we should cause they enjoyed it so we took the tour. I am so glad we decided to go.
Our tour guide was Barnaby and was he a hoot! He was very knowledgeable and funny! His horses Sam and Dick were beautiful. We took a wagon into the canyons and it was simply beautiful.
I highly recommend this as a must do in the Dell's. As a child I remembering going on this tour but I think I enjoyed it much more as an adult. It is a great family attraction.

1  Thank Sonia H
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We went on the tour as part of my son's 10th bday celebration in the dells. We had my parents with as well and my younger kids, everyone enjoyed it. The sights are beautiful and so are the horses, except for the poop smell..but not much they can do about that, I'm sure we will go again.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Interesting tour by horse drawn carrage lots of fun well worth the money tour guide was so funny to I highly recomend this attraction you will not be sorry

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We found this by driving the back roads of the Dells and we saw a sign for it. None of us had ever done it, even as kids.
We have been going for 15 years (all adults) and wanted something new. The price is right $10.25 + tax for adults and it's not something that takes all afternoon (or all day).
It's a nice horse drawn ride, not up high at all and takes about an hour or so depending on your wait for a carriage. You can pet the horses and the "drivers" add some color to your trip. We had "Doc" and he was pretty funny (looks just like Larry the Cable Guy). He tells some funny jokes and just made the trip a lot of fun for all of us. It's so beautiful and lush you almost forget your in Wisconsin!
I would highly recommend this (in fact, I did immediately to other friends visiting the Dells with their kids that weekend). It's cool in the canyon which is welcome on a hot summer day.
Plus, they have a little beach across the street where you can picnic, barbeque and swim.

1  Thank Katie P