“Missed Opportunity”

Ranked #46 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Bayside, Wisconsin
“Missed Opportunity”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Remodeled? More like lipstick on a pig. Same old mattresses...new headboard. Same old bathroom floor, sink, and faucet...new shower stall and tub. Same old 60's doors...new paint.

Room service sort of cleaned...bed was made, new towels...that's it. Garbage on floors - no vacuum. Desk top, microwave, vanities were not cleaned. Did not leave clean cups or coffee.

No WIFI. Staff claims it works, but not one motel patron could use it. Nothing in lobby. Even the gas stations can put coffee out? Staff told me they will put coffee and pastries out once the restaurant opens. From the looks of the remodel they are out of money. The laundry areas are without washer and dryers. The "restaurant and café" are a long way from complete. Etc...

Basically an older motel type property with new carpet, paint and little wood headboards. Everything else is still 60's.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
9 Thank David L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Milwaukee
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Ok, I thought this was going to be a nice trip for my family and I. We get there everything was fine, we drop off our things go straight to the water park come back to the room and I notice the bathroom sink and toilet was not cleaned the mini fridge don't work. We went to Walgreen's to get some spray, ok we in our room other guests are loud as ever in the hallway. Then within 20mins we get a call saying it was us. I step outside to smoke I see its about 10 people in one room across the hall, but they blame us for the noise. So the next morning me and my family up getting dressed and someone knocked on the door being very rude asking how many people are in here and talking about this is your final warning about the noise my husband try to explain the issue but the man was rude if you ask me. It was two adults and two kids, a 16 and 11. we were reading verses out the bible at the time of the incident also....SO NO WE WILL NEVER RETURN TO AMBER RESORT...I just think that whole situation could've been handle alot better...we didn't even complain about the dirty bathroom or the mini fridge that didn't work

• Stayed July 2014
6 Thank Trina_robert
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel just opened about a month ago. And I figured it would be really nice since amber's hideaway (there sister resort is a top hotel in the dells for tripadvisor).

Pros: Nice remodel of the place, decor in the rooms are modern and looks good, free Noahs ark & Chula vista waterpark passes, two outdoor and two indoor pool areas once there are fully renovated, will have a bar and longue (eventually), nice staff members (that I talked to anyways) seems like it will be a nice resort once completed.
Cons: Loud hallways, walls are paper thin (I could hear someone in the next door room snoring), the equipment in the workout room didn't work too well, the outdoor pool wasn't ready to be opened when they said it would be (they had to work on it a little still), dust in the hairdryer (gross), cobwebs near the window and ac in my room, the staff doesn't seem well organized yet.

Overall, I would say this place could be really nice once they complete the remodel and all the renovations but we will see how it turns out in the future! (:

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mandapandababay
Lansing, Il
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This Resort just opened the beginning of June. It is owned and run by Ambers Hideaway owners.
You will receive the same great service there. The rooms are nicely decorated, and super clean, as you would expect from Ambers! This hotel offers a water park on site, and will have the rest of the hotel up and running soon. It is located off 94 at Exit 87. Enjoy!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank milcarlson
Tanya K, Owner at Santorini Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for your review about our new property. It was a pleasure having you visit us. I am happy to hear that you found everything very nice as you know my husband Eddie and I do strive very hard to make a wonderful place for guest to stay. With the help of our staff we try in every way to make everyone's stay as pleasurable as possible. We do look forward to your future visit with us. Sincerely, Tanya