“different flavors but they work”
Review of The Cheesey Tomato

The Cheesey Tomato
Ranked #50 of 187 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Description: The Cheesey Tomato is a fun and affordable place to enjoy lunch and dinner with you friends and family. From Gourmet Grilled Cheese, Soups, Pizza, Burgers, And Wraps. 18 Different topping can be added to any sandwich.Your palette will also be pleasured by the universes famous grilled cheese donut, and famous apple pie grilled cheese. Also bufflao chicken, NEW CT baked french fries, and just now available, THE CHEESEY TOMATO, a tomato slice with blended cheese spread baked to perfection.
Kiel, Wisconsin
“different flavors but they work”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My son and I stopped in around 10:00 at night and tried the grilled cheese donut we weren't sure what to expect but it was surprisingly good the cheese and sweet donut are different but they do work together we shared the fist one then had to order 2 more to go and then he just had to get another the next morning for he way home we frequent the dells around 3 or 4 times a year and this well be a regular stop

• Visited July 2014

“Chance Encounter - Worst Food in 5 Days in the Dells”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We happened across this "restaurant" after we debarked our Dells Boat Tour. My family of 5 ordered some grilled cheese sandwiches and I had a tomato soup. How you screw up grilled cheese is beyond me but somehow this place did. The grilled cheeses are miniscule and obviously thrown in a Panini press for a few seconds- there are lines on the bread and the cheese was not even melted!! My tomato soup was in no way unique and if I had to bet I would guess they had just opened the can, thrown it in a microwave and poured it in my bowl. There was only one other customer in the place at lunch time which should have been our first clue, but I have three young children who love grilled cheese sandwiches and thought it would be great place to eat lunch. Insanely overpriced also, we paid over $35 for a family of 5 with 3 young children for grilled cheese that advertised as homemade comfort food. If I were to imagine grilled cheese in prison - this is how I figure it would come out on the tray.

• Visited July 2014
Rick M, Owner at The Cheesey Tomato, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
As a start up business we are always happy to see families visit our new restaurant. I am sorry your visit was not up to both yours and our standards. We will always take the constructive criticism and use it to improve any problems that you addressed.
If you are in the area again please give us another try to see if we can serve you to the standards you deserve.
Your value for your money is as important to us as it is for you.
You and your family have a safe rest of your summer.
“Amazing! !”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This place has amazing food. I had a buffalo chicken wrap and my sister had a pizza. Super delicious. We also had a grilled cheese apple pie for dessert. We were so full. Affordable prices. Great employees. Fun wacky atmosphere. The grilled cheese donut looks good. We will back again to try it.