“One of the best dining experiences EVER!!”

Kaminski's Chop House
Ranked #13 of 192 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Absolute top notch dining here. My wife and I were blown away at the service, food, atmosphere and knowledge of staff. Service was A-1!!! We decided to skip any kind of appetizer (which in fact they all sounded delicious), because we knew what the portion sizes were going to be like on our entrees. My wife went with the surf n turf (8oz filet with a 1LB lobster tail) and I went with the single cut prime rib (yes, single cut is still 30oz). Then we decided on the loaded mashed potatoes (which were the size of a volcano model..lol) and we also had the mushrooms.

2  Thank Mark T

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Husband, daughter, and I had great steaks, with a nice presentation of food for $250 (that includes our generous tip). For that amount of money, I expect to eat in fairly serene surroundings, not have kids crying, yelling, & banging spoons at one booth. We were also seated near a lg. very loud group that was in a separate room but it had no doors. Trying to be an upscale restaurant in a waterpark resort doesn't lead to a classy dining experience.

2  Thank Kathy W
Reviewed 20 August 2013

This is an average place to eat for steak. Very overly priced! Better steak at BIG MOE'S on site. Service was nice, but overly priced!

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

My husband I wanted to go to a nice restaurant for our anniversary. We searched for ever till we found something and we chose this place. The food was great! We ordered an Alaskan king crab leg to start thought they don't tell you the price of this which is 50$ for one leg way over priced!!! We ordered steaks for our entree I had the Kansas City steak which was okay it did not blow me a way and that was a 50$ steak. My husband ordered the porterhouse which was amazing! We also order mashed potatoes to share which were the best part! Be prepared to bring home left overs. My only complaint is that if I am going to spend 250$ I do not want children screaming and kicking my booth behind me! It also was haRd to find if you do not know Chula vista. We honestly will probably never return.

1  Thank Mav1blaz2
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My husband and I along with another couple went to Kaminski Brothers in August 2013. We went to celebrate both of our anniversaries. When I made the reservation, I was asked if we were celebrating anything, so I did mention our anniversaries. We did have a problem finding the restaurant when we got to the Chula Vista resort because we didn't go in the main door (I thought it was!). A lady who worked there tried to show us where to go, and we ended up walking in a circle! We finally arrived and were seated at a window table overlooking the river. This is a very expensive restaurant where everything is a la carte, but we knew this going in. My husband and the other guy in our group both ordered steaks, I had bacon wrapped scallops and the other girl had ribs. All were very good. We also got a side of loaded mashed potatoes for the table to share. (All sides are made to be shared.) Before ordering, the server brings out a cart and shows you all of the cuts of meat-that was very nice. The lobster tail and crab legs are just huge! Main entrees come with their "garbage salad", which is a salad prepared tableside by the server. You tell him/her what topping you want and they mix it all up for you. It was so good. You also get a bread basket with butter. Everyone liked their dinner very much. I did unwrap the bacon from my scallops as I felt the bacon flavor overpowered the scallop, but it was still very good. The server brought out a surprise dessert for our table for our anniversaries. It was this huge double-decker brownie with ice cream and hot fudge and carmel. It was very, very good. The four of us had a good portion but couldn't even finish it. That's how big it was and we were stuffed from our entrees. The meal came to about $220 for the four of us, but that amount includes a very generous tip. We were there about 2 hours and our server was very attentive and the food was excellent. This is not someplace you go to often because of the price, but we will definitely be back sometime when we have another celebration!