“Good breakfast place”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Went there for breakfast, and the pancakes didn't disappoint. Mr. Pancake is a lot like IHOP's, but without the crazy long lines.

1  Thank JJCrawford

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

This is more like a tip:
I am not sure if this place is just closed for the season nor do I know when this place will be opened for the season. We pulled in this morning 4/5/14 @ 9am and it was very closed. No signs indicating when it will be opened again :(
Mr. Pancake owners could you please put a sign up outside or on your website if you're a seasonally opened only? We was loo forward to some great breakfast :(
I've been to the Dell's 4 times and never eaten at Mr Pancakes because we have no idea when this place is opened!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I was pleasantly surprised. I'm used to the excellent Original Pancake house chain in the Twin Cities, and Mr. Pancake was almost as good. I'm sure it all just comes down to the cook who's working and there's probably a variety of quality at a place like this but my first experience was very good. My omelette and pancakes were top notch.

1  Thank manmountain13
Reviewed 5 November 2013

A seasonal restaurant catering to visitors from May to Oct, this is a reliably good place to eat and geared towards families with children. They readily give you crayons & coloring pages for all the little ones. BUT BE AWARE! Their gift shop (waiting area) is full of stuffed, fluffy "mommy-I-gotta'-have-this" toys. Even a Mom, a Dad or a grandparent may find something! I had breakfast twice this past season, once with adults and once with two little girls. All enjoyed. I recommend getting to the restaurant by 8 - 8:30am if you want to reduce waiting time. On vacations, playing hard at the waterparks, it's a challenge to get everyone up & going earlier, but kids' hunger-patience is not easy to tone down, so if you want to go somewhere & be seated right away to get to your breakfast, go early. Imagine a pancake and they will probably have it. In terms of "atmosphere," it can get acoustically challenging to carry on a conversation with more than a person sitting next to you or across from you once the place fills. Sounds of kids enjoying pancakes!

2  Thank Wis_Traveler_Susan
Reviewed 22 October 2013

the pancakes particularly are very tasty but then so is everything else. They stay very busy because of it. This was our second visit.

2  Thank ChrisFuller320252011