“Wisconsin Dells great location for FAMOUS DAVE'S”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Ranked #27 of 191 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Plymouth, Wisconsin
“Wisconsin Dells great location for FAMOUS DAVE'S”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were in Wisconsin Dells over the Memorial Weekend and so most eating-places were full. However, we managed to get a really good table for two at Famous Dave's and were served by Marcela who made us feel very welcome. We ordered a delicious Georgia Pork which was also very filling. The only issue was that my partner did not get his cornbread muffin as we were told they were still making them and by the time they were ready he had eaten most of his meal so the waitress cordially offered a free ice-cream dessert to compensate for the lack of cornbread muffin. Perhaps the place could do with more servers although Marcela was doing an excellent job serving multiple tables and most of them with large groups. This Famous Dave's at Wisconsin Dells has a great ambience and is ideally situated right on the "strip". We will definitely be going back again the next time we are in Wisconsin Dells.

Neosho, Wisconsin
“Great service”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We visited the lake Felton famous Dave's! Our server was Kathryn she did an amazing job, she was super friendly an service was excellent! Food was also really good!

Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible Food!”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

If you want ribs DO Not go here. Only reason we went there was because Paul Bunyons was closed. This meal was worst I have had in years. Got so sick I thought about going to ER. Not sure where they get their ribs from but they are terrible. The prices are outrageous. With tip it was almost $50 for 2 people on this awful meal. Take my word for it. If you want ribs go to Paul Bunyons. They are open for ribs Mon, Wed and Sat. Not sure why they were closed yesterday. Also they are cheaper and all you can eat.

1 Thank Sandy M
Kansas City, Missouri
“Good food, but they have some service issues”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I've been to other Famous Dave's before, and the food is always excellent, as it was this time. I went on a week day, last month, so not during the summer rush. Place was maybe half full, I was dining alone, was seated right away, but waited almost ten minutes before a single person came by. Waitress was very polite, and was trying hard but was very rushed. I noticed 2 other people in nearby tables that finally got up and went to front counter and asked if they could be served, so it wasn't just me. Luckily I ordered my drink and food at the same time, because it was obvious all the wait staff had too many tables to take care of.
Maybe just a bad night, and nothing against the staff, they were all working hard, just under-staffed.

• Visited April 2014
Friendship, Wisconsin
“Good Lunch Prices”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I suggest going here for lunch because the prices are a lot better. Otherwise the food is great and the staff are very quick and friendly. However, it is really crowded in there because the place is so small, so if you are claustrophobic then I would suggest you go to the Lake Delton location which is no more than ten minutes away from the downtown location and has the same food and everything!

• Visited January 2014