“Eight Thumbs Up From Our Family of Meat Eaters”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Ranked #28 of 184 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Belleville, Ontario
“Eight Thumbs Up From Our Family of Meat Eaters”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2010

Our family of four (myself, the husband, our 14-year-old son, and his best friend) dined at Famous Dave's as part of our week-long Dells vacation in late June/early July 2010. With 3 males in the group who are die-hard meat eaters, the prospect of an authentic barbecue restaurant had them salivating before we even arrived. With such a great build-up during our pre-vacation research, I was a bit worried that Famous Dave's wouldn't live up to our expectations. Happily, this meal ranked among our favourites of the trip! (we enjoyed it so much, we visited the other location at Lake Delton just a couple of days later)

The food was hot, plentiful, and absolutely delicious. It was served promptly and was very reasonably priced (if you eat before 5 p.m., you get two meat selections of your choice, a side dish of your choice, a hot cornbread muffin, and corn on the cob for under $10). We had two of the Fun Cards (since the Fun Card site advertised that a family of four would need two cards in order to get the buy-one-get-one-free discount on the meal), however they would only honour one per meal. No biggie, considering another reviewer stated that they wouldn't honour the Fun Cards at all when they visited that same location. All in all, our foursome ate a HUGE, quality meal for $30 plus drinks, tax and tip .... you can't go wrong with prices like that!

We found the servers to be great, with outwardly friendly and happy attitudes towards the customers. One of the young men who was not even assigned to our table came over and even offered to take family pictures of our group.....which was totally appreciated as we were collecting as many vacation memories as we could on the camera! Each of our requests, from drink refills right on down, was handled efficiently and without delay.

The location was great (right downtown), and both the atmosphere and decor were bright and fun. Famous Dave's is a definite must-do when dining in the Dells!

Chicago, Illinois
“You can't go wrong going to Famous Dave's!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2010

You know how sometimes you go to these "Gimmicky" restaurants and you eat, pay exorbitant prices and a few hours later, the kids are digging in the cracker and cheese you brought along for the trip? Well, when you eat at famous Dave's- it's not a problem.
EVERY TIME we vacation at the Dells, we make Famous Dave's a destination point . Ribs, Rib Tips, Bar B-que chicken. delicious sides and prices, make Dave's a
"no brainer".

We usually avoid the crowds, by ordering to go, but this year we decided to check out the new place, on the road leading towards the Casino. Huge dining area nice staff and the antique stuff on the wall, had me nostalgic, telling the kids about how we used to drink pop out of bottles and how cans with no "pop-top".

The only problem I had at the new place was- my ribs came to the table cold. I DO NOT LIKE COLD FOOD!!! I told our waitress, she promptly took them away, and brought me ribs that were suitable, disaster averted :)

Me and the family love Famous Dave's and look forward to eating there each time we visit the dells. I say- "Take your family to Famous Dave's", if you want them to have a hearty meal.

Winnipeg, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2010

The location is great, being right on a corner of Downtown Dells. We didn't have to wait long at all for a seat & my boys thought it was neat having a roll of paper towels right on the street & seeing some tables being served their food in a trash can lid. We all ordered ribs (different kinds) & even my 7 year old was raving about the food. The variety of sauces & ribs are wide & the sides were delicious too. Very generous portions! My only surprise & something I would change is that they didn't offer juice with a kids meal. Pop or white milk only (if memory serves).

Chicago, Illinois
“Best service during our stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2010

Enjoyed our lunch here...best cornbread ever. But we have this restaurant in Chicago so it was a pretty safe bet for us.

Expensive but so was every other meal we had during our four-day stay with four kids (six of us total). We were seated quickly and our server was the one of the best during our entire stay.

Sadly...as with all other Dells restaurants we visited, they serve Kraft mac 'n cheese on the kids menu...c'mon people...you can all do better than that.

WI
“Dells no longer accepts FUN CARD”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2010

We had planned on having dinner here Sunday night, when we arrived we saw a sign on the door stating they no longer accept the fun card. We drove over to the new location in Lake Delton and the sign said the same thing. I asked the hostess why? She said the two locations have a new owner and he does not want to accept the discount card. So yes you save $10 with the fun card but you also have to purchase another meal. I feel this is bad business because it not only affects how I feel about these 2 locations now but the entire chain. So from now on I will not be going to Famous Dave's since I feel they do not appreciate their customers.