“Slow Service But Good Meal”
Review of Denny's

Ranked #65 of 191 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My experience at the Denny's on S. Frontage Rd. in WI Dells was not horrible, but I felt the service was too slow. When I arrived, it took nearly 10 minutes for someone to seat me. The host was also serving as the cashier, and he had a line of 5 or 6 people waiting to pay at the counter. It seemed like it was taking him a long time to wait on each person. It almost looked like he had trouble making change. I found it sort of strange that another waiter/waitress or other staff member could not seat me since some were standing around doing nothing. I had to wait until the host waited on all the people waiting to pay at the counter before he seated me. He got me a table and said a waiter/waitress would be right over to take my order. I waited almost another 10 minutes for a waitress to finally come over. I was contemplating walking out and going somewhere else but decided to stick it out for a few more minutes. It was later in the evening, and the restaurant was not super busy, so I don't know why these delays were happening. I placed my order right away then when the waitress finally came over and was pleased that the food was out in just over 5 minutes. I ordered a BLT Sandwich and fries. The food was enjoyable and it was nice for a light meal. The waitress got into a rhythm then and checked on me frequently. I don't know if some staff members had called in sick to work or something but they seemed short-handed. I did enjoy my food, but the service was a bit too slow for my liking. I would give Denny's another chance.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We ate breakfast here the first night before we realized what a great breakfast was offered right their at the hotel. The food, and prices were very typical if you've ever eaten at a Denny's before.
My breakfast was good, but my hubby said his was cold at best.
I noticed the cook wasn't wearing a hair net, just a baseball cap over his long hair, which was a turn off. However, the waitress was bubbly, almost too perky for early morning. She was very attentive too. So, you can gather your own conclusion. It all depends on if you like, or don't like eating at Denny's.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

NEVER EVER go to the dennys classic (metal building with the statues) in lake delton/ Wisconsin dells.....horrible food cooked through a window where you can see cooks working without gloves and eating while cooking!!!!! the hostess\cashier was constantly picking and wiping her nose. she did not wash her hands one time. she looked strung out on drugs. our sever was a completely rude, horrible woman named Dale...she looked miserable and had a horrible attitude...she basically threw our meals at us.....overall, this place was GROSS!!!!!!.....I didn't really have very high expectations....(after all this is a Denny's).....but this one was beyond bad......don't eat here....trust me

1  Thank lostinyoureyes
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Our group ordered a few different things, none of us ate our food with pleasure. The fries tasted like they were dipped in pancake batter, it was nauseating. The chicken was super dry and the fruit did not seem all that fresh. For the price, bad bad quality. Not even that, food should just be good no matter that price you put on it.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

The restaurant was very convenient for the Best Western Hotel next door. The food was what you would expect at Denny's, not special but with a good choice of standard meals on the menu and reasonable value.