Hotel Mead & Conference Center
US$124
US$99
Americas Best Value Inn(Wisconsin Rapids)
US$83
US$76
Motel 6 Wisconsin Rapids(Wisconsin Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$54
The Fern Hotel(Wisconsin Rapids)
US$82
US$119
US$58
US$92
US$85
Rapids Inn and Suites(Wisconsin Rapids)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswest towerrecommend hotelgrand avenuecentral wisconsinwedding receptionhotel restaurantvery nice hotelking suitethe staff was friendly and helpfulwill stay there againbreakfast buffetroom was spaciousgreat place to staybusiness trippleasant stayfamily reunionchecking out
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed for the 1st time for a weekend politically related conference. Rates were not cheap but not awful either relative to other conference suited hotels. One evening meals was part of the conference, and was relatively small but adequate if consuming enough beer. Room was large, nice and clean. Nothing marred the room experience. Stayed in the north tower area which is confusing to get back and forth from. Breakfast buffet in their restaurant was ok, nothing special. Make a fuss if you want coffee, as they did not offer coffee until about finished eating ready to leave.

Room Tip: I will try to be placed in the south tower next time.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Al D, Owner at Hotel Mead & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about the hotel. Our breakfast buffet has changed somewhat and we are fine tuning some of the favorite items, look for more on it as we develop it in the near future. I apologize for the coffee, that should be one of the first questions our servers ask. We are growing our conference business due to us being in the center of the state and your comments are important to us. Take care.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

This was our first stay at this hotel and based on other comments here we did not know what to expect.

The location we thought was a little obscure at first, but I'm thinking that was the GPS and it was late at night. We arrived at the back of the building (tower) that at night looks like it could be the front entrance.

We were pleasantly surprised. We were in the West Tower. Granted the hotel itself is a bit older as well as are some of the fixtures, but we thought the room we were given was spacious and nicely appointed - and best of all quiet! We had a free-room stay and upgraded to a King.

The pool area is clean and the water is warm, with a nice sized whirlpool. There is also a game room if you have kids.

Our receptionist (Gale I believe her name was) was very friendly and accommodating, considering we arrived very late. The following morning upon check out (12:00 which is great) the young man was equally nice and pleasant. No complaints there. Overall nice experience.

If I had to make a suggestion, I would recommend in the larger rooms/suites to put in a microwave.

Room Tip: The west tower has the newer flat screen televisions.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

We are so glad you were surprised and enjoyed your recent stay. The renovations have been completed in the West Wing as we work our way to the Atrium Tower. We are looking at the option of microwaves as well, thanks for the suggestion. I will relay the kind words to Gale and Tom, the front desk clerks you mentioned. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip ti Wisconsin Rapids. The hotel is nicely located with a onsite restaurant (most hotels in the area do not have this option). However, I did not have hot water the second night. The hotel is very old and is in needs to be refurbished. The room looks very old with outdated appliances such as TV (most of the channels did not work).

Room Tip: I would not recommend this hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Avishek K
Al D, Owner at Hotel Mead & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Avishek, we appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel during your recent trip. I apologize for the hot water problem and the issue with the TV channels. We are in the middle of our remodel of the rooms to update them, I assure you we have taken notice of the concerns of our guests. The West Wing is completed and we are working our way to the Atrium Tower. Thanks so much for the kind words about our Café Mulino's food on its TripAdvisor site - the cheese curds are pretty terrific. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

food was good at the café but Sandy the waitress was more interested in chatting with the bartender than taking care of us. Will try it again in a couple weeks, lets hope for the best. we live about 5 miles from the café. 1/26/2014 at 7:50 pm

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I have stayed at the Mead several times a year for the past 10 years, most recently this month.
I had considered staying elsewhere due to what I perceived as a decline in the overall value in the past few years.

I am glad I chose to return. There has been a significant improvement in the overall quality of the product in 2013. The staff at the front desk, restaurant and tavern were to a person, superb.

As part of this stay we held an event with lunch for 75 people. The entire staff listened very carefully to our requests and delivered exactly as promised. The food was very good, hot and delivered on time.

The quality of the product and the overall service was the best I have experienced here. Every employee was willing to go above and beyond their job to assist. Moreover, they understood what needed to be done and were empowered to make that happen.

Congratulations to the ownership, management and staff for all you have accomplished.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family