“A property view” 2 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Mead & Conference Center
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
“A property view”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I've got to be honest, but, you have some work to do on this hotel. We stayed in the "New Tower". Torn and hanging wallpaper in the bathroom, vent in the bathroom has not been cleaned in months, couch in suite has so many stains I wonder why you still have it. TV hangs in your face above the bar / sink counter so you cannot access this area without contortions to get the ice bucket. (I'm 6'5) Why someone thought to hang this off the cupboard and not on the wall is beyond me. Resetting the room in the morning was less than perfect. Comforter was left on the floor and room service tray was not picked up from the coffee table. After the evenings wedding in the banquet facility, housekeeping must have taken a vacation. Beer bottles, cigarette butts and garbage strewn all around the building in the outdoor common areas. We even had a passed out remnant of the party still sleeping in the west tower lobby chair. Security on vacation, too? You guys have some work to do.

Room Tip: I'd take a peek at your room before you drag luggage in.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jim K
Al D, Owner at Hotel Mead & Conference Center, responded to this review, 7 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review Jim, I am very sorry you encountered these items during your stay. There is no excuse on our part and I assure you the issues have been discussed with our team. Please accept my sincere apology, we certainly strive to do better and hope you will give us a second chance on another trip to Wisconsin Rapids.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Wasn't expecting such a luxury hotel for such a small town, but this was wonderful. Attached bar and grill had unreal low prices that you normally don't see for a "hotel" bar. Very clean and everybody was super friendly. Enjoyed breakfast and the cranberry bread in the restaurant. Me and my wife just couldn't be happier with our weekend there.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the kind review Chuck, glad you enjoyed our low drink prices in the Grand Avenue Tavern and the cranberry bread in the Cafe Mulino seems to be semi-famous in this part of Wisconsin. We sell many loaves of the bread every week. Hope to see you again soon!
Mesa, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Front desk associates are not trained well it took way too long to check in not to mention they didn't know locations of there own rooms or which rooms were available, and on top of that they were extremely rude! There was even someone playing with their phone while the phones were ringing and the new person was struggling to check us in. Not to mention it seems some of the reviews on here are made from associates working at the hotel. That is extremely unethical and shows how low of integrity this company really has.
When we went to the pool area there were ceiling tiles missing above the hot tub, mold growing in the locker rooms. If they can't keep the hotel clean why would I want to stay here.

I do not recommend this hotel to stay they are rude dirty and someone is going to get sick!

Room Tip: I do not recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good stay.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Danielle P
I appreciate your comments Danielle, I apologize for the situations you encountered at the hotel during your stay. As one of the owners of the hotel, I can assure you 100% that none of the reviews you see are from our staff. We take responsibility for the good and bad reviews but no one should doubt the authenticity of the reviews on our sites. If you have any further questions or concerns, my name is Al DeBerry and my e-mail is; a.deberry@Hotelmead.com and I would be happy to discuss these items with you.
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I just returned from a wedding that was hosted at Hotel Mead, it was wonderful. I hadn't been there for a while, and was pleasantly surprised. The new decor sure has updated the place. Dinner was very good, the waitstaff were so attentive and nice they truly were focused on giving the best service to each and every person. I was very impressed Joan Mours was there over seeing the entire event and making sure the day was wonderful for my friend and her new husband. I would recommend Hotel Mead to anyone looking to host an event.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the great review of our hotel. Wedding season has been very busy for us this year and I am so glad that our team pulled off a wonderful event for your friend and her wedding. We certainly appreciate the recommendation, hope to see you back again soon.
Medford, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

I have been traveling and in the past 2 years the hotel was becoming run down. I had stayed there on my resent trip I was surprised. The staff was excellent the room had went under renovations the room was clean and comfortable. I would stay there anytime I'm in town.

Room Tip: Newly renovated clean and reasonably priced
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks so much James for taking the time to review that hotel. We are glad you noticed the renovations that have taken place since you were last here. I will relay to the staff your nice comments about them. We truly appreciate you staying with us when you are in town.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Excellent customer service by the staff of the Hotel Mead. We held our family reunion at the Hotel Mead again this year. We have been going to the hotel Mead for well over ten years. They are inder new management this year. They have done a remarkabale job sprucing up the place. Joan Moars has been helping me plan our reunion for the last couple of years. What an exceptional staff person, who will go out of her way to make sure every detail is completed, to make your stay an excellent experience!!! All the staff provided excellent service from the front desk staff to the waitresses in the restaurant. This hotel is truly a "famil' friendly hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in the west wing are quieter.
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Rory for the nice review, glad Joan was able to take care of your family's needs and ensure every detail was to your liking. I will relay to our staff the kind comments you made about them and their excellent service. We will see you and your family soon to prepare for next year's event.
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

My wife and I just had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Hotel Mead and it was not only affordable, but looked fantastic!

Joan Moars was phenomenal in her help with planning our wedding and was more than willing to work with us during the wedding process.

The food was great, the venue was exceptionally clean, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a great and memorable reception, and our hotel room that night reflected the same quality we witnessed through the night. Clean room, comfy bed, great room.

We still come back for the great restaurants and tavern in the hotel itself. Definitely one of my favorite places in Wisconsin Rapids!

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Al D, Owner at Hotel Mead & Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
First of all, congratulations - very happy for both of you and your new life together. Thank you so much for the excellent review, I know Joan was as always very involved in the details and wanted to make your special day so very SPECIAL for you, your friends and your families. Take care and see you back soon at one of your favorite places, the Hotel Mead.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wisconsin Rapids
Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin Rapids
Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin R...
#2 of 7 in Wisconsin Rapids
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Rapids
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wiscons...
#3 of 7 in Wisconsin Rapids
The Fern Hotel
The Fern Hotel
#4 of 7 in Wisconsin Rapids
Hampton Inn Plover / Stevens Point
BEST WESTERN Plover Hotel & Conference Center
Hotel Marshfield, BW Premier Collection

Been to Hotel Mead & Conference Center? Share your experiences!