“Great value great management”

Motel 6 Wisconsin Rapids
“Great value great management”
Reviewed 23 May 2012 via mobile

I checked in the previous friday and have had a marvelous expirence since. My first night the manager actually switched rooms for me just because my wifi on my phone wasnt working well in my original room. This guy since has gone out of his way to be friendly and accomodating during my stay.

And its onlu 30 bucks a night right now. Also the rooms are very spacious and comfortable with a very private feeling to them. This may be the best expirence ive had with a motel so far and i do alot of traveling.

there is just nothng to complain about here and this may be the best low end motel in wisconsin. I couldnt be more satisfied. Thank you to the manager and his family for providing me with a relaxed and good expirence

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank joshinchrist

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Wisconsin, USA
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I was in town to photograph a hockey tournament, so I'm not looking for a four star hotel to stay in, only a place to crash that is clean and safe, and this Motel 6 fit the bill. It's obviously old and tired, but it was clean. I wouldn't recommend this place for a family, or a romantic get away. The owners, who appear to live right on the premises, seem sincere. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank HavanaChas
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I was in need of a room for the evening, since I had a meeting for work the next morning. I found this hotel, and was very pleasantly surprised. I've not had good experiences with Motel 6's before, and haven't been to one in over 10 years. I would come back here. Keep in mind, what you get isn't flashy, but the bed was good (BYOP, bring your own pillows) the room was clean, the bathroom was clean, it had a small fridge and microwave, and the wireless internet was FAST. Can't beat the prices either, got a King room for $35.00 (that INCLUDES tax). The front desk staff were great, and very polite. All in all, a good night sleep at a cheap price.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Although the property is older it is in amazing condition and well maintained. Being a bit of a germ freak I loved how spotless the rooms were and never worried they were not being cleaned properly. The price was amazing and the owners were so accommodating. We felt so comfortable and 24-7 someone was more than willing to help us if we needed anything. They went above and beyond and I will never stay anywhere else while in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I wasn’t looking for any place fancy; simply a clean, comfortable and preferably quiet place to spend the night after attending a concert nearby. The Motel 6 in Wisconsin Rapids filled the bill for me perfectly. I didn’t interact much with the staff but the woman working at the front desk when I checked in and out was very friendly, efficient and helpful. Going by previous comments that the property is under new ownership/management, it appears that the new management cleaned the place from top to bottom and did a lot of work to improve the property overall. The motel looks like whoever is running it cares about the place. My room was extremely clean and comfortable. The bathroom was sparkling clean. The shower worked great and had plenty of hot water the two times I used it. I had brought along a laptop computer and had no problems with the free WiFi. I used the swimming pool and while it is smaller than average for a motel pool and not very deep, what impressed me was the water in the pool was sparkling clean and the pool area itself was immaculate and also had a clean restroom. As mentioned in a previous review, the motel is located just off the main road so you don’t get a lot of noise from the traffic and overall I didn’t notice much noise during my stay. For my purposes, this motel suited me perfectly!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank escapee98
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I road in with a small group of my biker friends, we arrived cold and soaking wet. Sonny, the owner/manager checked us in quickly and even dried our clothes while I warmed up in the jacuzzi! Then he referred us to a friendly place to eat (walking distance). What a friendly welcome to this motel. Sonny and his family really know the value of customer service.
My stay here was above my expectations, and greatly appreciated the very clean and friendly atmosphere! Thanks again Sonny!!

Room Tip: Get the room with the jacuzzi!